Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A laser pointer-like red light

Fatal

On 12/13/2009 at 10:31 PM, Fatal said:

I think I've posted my story a while back. So I'm not going to post my whole story, I'm just going to post some things I've experienced and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

First off, the house was built in the very early 1900's, according to the owner. And it is built along the most historic street in our city. Well a few times, we'd see this red light, which looked similar to a laser pointer. It was first noticed on the living room wall. We noticed it here a couple different times. Then my brother and I noticed it one night, moving around on the top surface of the bed. And in both rooms, when noticed on the wall, it would stop above the doorway, then goes away. Keep in mind, the windows in both these rooms were always kept covered with blinds and curtains, mainly because it was a somewhat bad neighborhood and my mom didn't like the possibility of strangers peeking into our home. Not to mention, the living room window was right next to the next building, which was a huge brick building with no windows on that side. And we lived on the second floor, so if someone was outside with a laser pointer, it would be really tricky to get a laser pointer to shine on the surface of a bed, from a floor below the window, outside, with the window covered. And no, nobody else in the house was doing this. I just know. I've asked around on another website before and have only come into contact with one other person who has experienced something similar, with the same kind of red light.

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a possible explanation for this?

Hi - I just came across this doing a google search! Yes this same exact thing happened to me years ago in 2008! I was asleep with my ex husband - at that time my daughter was an infant and sleeping between us. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a red light on the middle of my daughters forehead! Just as you described it. It appeared as a laser but my curtains were closed- and they were heavy winter curtains. There's no way a light could have came through them. My ex husband jumped out of bed and looked outside - saw nothing. 2 days later there was an article about a UFO sighting in my town that night. I actually found it on line yesterday to on an old forum. Please message back if you receive this !!

cynthia 

IMG_1465.PNG

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I saw a red laser light tonight in my sleep paralysis. I get paralysis in sleep a lot and somehow I've learned to stop it before it completely grabs me. But tonight I decided to go with it and experienced it. Being totally paralysed I couldn't move but could open only my left eye. I saw this red laser-looking light in front of my right eye, really close to my face but not on my face. It was in the air, floating. In my various previous sleep paralysis I experienced alien encounters or out of body experiences. I also saw a flesh of white light in my bedroom and ufos. I am being more spiritual ever since, became religious and a better person and have opened my third eye. I like to explore other dimensions and remember my other lives. I believe the red light is just a part of spiritual awakening we are experiencing as a human race right now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This has happened to me too. I was working late one night, back when I was a technician in a laser factory. I was minding my own business playing with some of the equipment when all of a sudden this red dot appeared on the far wall, directly opposite the machine I had been mussing with!

I looked everywhere and there was no one else there. I checked and all of the windows were bricks as the factory didn't have any windows. However, there was this weird electrical hum that I hadn't noticed before. Kinda like a spiritual energy had entered the room.

As I lent casually on the machine the red dot on the wall started moving erratically. At first I thought it was an alien but it was too small and red. My second thought was ghosts and/or extra-extra dimensional spirit energy. I rushed at it shouting shamanic chants but it vanished. At exactly the same time the buzzing spirit energy stopped. Coincidence? Unlikely.

What do you guys reckon? I NEED ANSWERS.

P.S. It hasn't happened since I changed jobs and sprinkled sage on my cat. Sage is super magical.

• Like 2

This red light **** is freaking me out because i was watching some South Park lying down with the lights off and i saw the exact same thing but it looked like it flew off so i immediately got my knife out and turned on my flashlight pointed it directly where it was. i even looked around the corner but there was nothing and here's the weird thing about this today is my birthday and back in august of 2017 my dad got a message saying that i was gonna get killed by an assassin. so seriously how can i make it go away. i cant sleep. WHAT DOES IT MEAN

23 minutes ago, What the hell is going on said:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

School holidays...?

sigh.

Anyway, nothing should worry you - I mean anyone who lies down with a knife and flashlight in their pocket has nuthin to fear, except himself (and his dad, by the sounds of it..).     

• Like 3

7 hours ago, What the hell is going on said:

This red light **** is freaking me out because i was watching some South Park lying down with the lights off and i saw the exact same thing but it looked like it flew off so i immediately got my knife out and turned on my flashlight pointed it directly where it was. i even looked around the corner but there was nothing and here's the weird thing about this today is my birthday and back in august of 2017 my dad got a message saying that i was gonna get killed by an assassin. so seriously how can i make it go away. i cant sleep. WHAT DOES IT MEAN

This isn't the disc world - there isn't a guild of assassins who let you know they are coming and then leave a receipt for tax purposes.

This was probably nothing more than some crazed sniper having a laugh at your expense, that or ghosts.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

This isn't the disc world - there isn't a guild of assassins...

Oh No??!!???

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Our chief weapon is surprise ... surprise and fear ... fear and surprise ...

Our two weapons are fear and surprise ... and ruthless efficiency ...

er... Our three weapons are fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency ... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope!

er... Our four weapons ... er.. no... Amongst our weapons ... er.   Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as fear, surprise ...

(Apologies to Monty Python)

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

So interesting- has to be a connection! 

How about I haven’t checked my email in days and your reply on the post was my top email! 

Hello everyone, it's 2017,  I am here because I am a witness to another occurrence of this type very recently, which, to myself means that not only am I not alone, and not crazy, but that the event's continuance to this day means that it carries a significance we have not fully uncovered. 

These laser like red light dot things that have appeared before me in the dark, there were 3, at first i thought they were just 3 lights that belonged to some sort of contraption until i realized that each of the dots were not aligned and had separate individual movements.... Each seems to have a mind of its own, communicating with each other, and are able to recognize/realize my awareness of them. As soon as I vocalized a "hello?" they all "decided" to disappear..... they look like the light very similar to a laser.....

where was I? I was in my car, just had parked in the parking lot where I live. That day I decided to park in a spot facing a brick building that is separate from my building. So, I was sitting in my car, just had turned the engine and my lights off, facing the brick building. You know when you go from light to dark really fast, and your eyes don't adjust as fast? Well, this was during the evening, so the darkness I saw in front of me was very dark, pretty pitch black, and I saw these 3 red little laser creature things appear out of nowhere. I just stared at them and didn't say anything, but then I felt that they were watching me, and felt that they were watching me believing that I didn't see them, which is when I sort of loudly said "hello?" and then they looked as if they decided to hide themselves. And they were gone......

I don't expect to get any type of answer or expect to ever really find out what they are, but, I just thought I owed it to share my part since others have come out with theirs as well, and have allowed me to know that I am not the only one. 

Edited by eleven2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is the ONLY place i have found that even disscuses somthing like this! I'd love all thoughts, input, questions ect.

Okay, the house is in Pennsylvania, built-in 1981 we moved in 1997 i was 2. Weird stuff had happend in our house my whole life, you'd here someone paceing the hall at night, you always felt watched, my brother would say there was a little boy who died outside and would watch us eat dinner and play with us in the yard but he never said anything, my brother would "sleep walk" eyes open talking to someone who was not there in a completly diffrent voice. When you'd walk around the corner he'd shut up, like they were always telling secerts, and just stare at you till you left. You could hear him start talking again before you'd hit the stairs, it was freaky, dolls would talk, we had a set that would talk to each other with No batteries ect. ect. To the point.

I was mabye 6 or 7, and i had gone to bed planning to stay awake and catch the tooth fairy (i keep insisting that my teeth were worth more the 10c so my dad told me to take it up with her haha)so i laid there pretending to sleep, spying from underneath the covers. I laid there several hours before this really unnerving feeling started to settle over the room it almost pressed on you and made your body heavy, i got so scared i finally covered my face i don't even know how long i stayed like that, when i finally had enough, i pulled the blankets back and there was a laser pointer like red dot on the wall over the next 5-10 minutes i watched it moved along my wall even over a ballon bending with it and all just like a light would.
Now i wanna tell you how my bedroom was set up if you where facing my house i lived on the second story i had 2 windows facing the street, i slept vertically to the windows and a closet on. the wall.
This "light" was shinning on the wall with the windows in it, i noticed this and started looking all over my bed, for the source and i found nothing and started to freak out and tried to rationalize it the best way i could. I finally decided the only way i would know if it was a light or somthing else was by covering it, if it shown anyways i could relax. I walked up and slapped my hand down on top and the light went out i was scared ****less, i took my hand down and it was still there! I mean i did this several times checking top, bottom, sides thinking mabye it was shinning from somwhere else but if it was the bean of light would be elongated and it Was Not. I ended up getting back under my covers and watching it for more then and hour before it just faded out. I still have no idea what it was.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Like 1

It's cool reading these stories b/c I know they aren't made up. People don't typically find this post unless they had this experience themselves. It was the strangest thing for me to see. The small red light was on my daughters forehead.. and I know what you are saying- there was no way it was a laser pointed- 

And the night was strange itself- I was woken up by something- that is when I noticed it... what could this be? My experience was in 2008

• Like 1

Hmmm, not sure how to respond to this... Maybe you can try to put some incense (or anything that produces smoke or vapor constantly) and then setup cameras (preferably infra red ones)... Hopefully you can see the source of the red-light and catch the perpetrator OR you catch some really vivid orbs on camera, hopefully on video show it to us and a camera expert and sage or mediums. 

My mailman carries one when he is delivering, lots of people have them. Finding a source of feint light can be one of the more witty things to accomplish.

This thread reminds me of the debates over in the UFO forums about lights in the sky.

I hope you figure it out.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:49 PM, -Thatguy- said:

My mailman carries one when he is delivering, lots of people have them.

Yes, lots of folks have them... but your mailman carries one?  Why?  As a small focused point of light it isn't going to help read a house number, so unless he's harrassing aircraft, drivers...  Maybe you are confusing laser pointers with a LED torchlight, many of which now allow you to focus the beam tightly so it *is* very useful for reading house numbers...

On 2/3/2018 at 9:49 PM, -Thatguy- said:

This thread reminds me of the debates over in the UFO forums about lights in the sky.

It differs in one important aspect, not one example has ever been documented/recorded, not even badly.  You'd think someone would be within range of a camera / video / webcam / security monitor at the right time, but no.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Yes, lots of folks have them... but your mailman carries one?  Why?  As a small focused point of light it isn't going to help read a house number, so unless he's harrassing aircraft, drivers...  Maybe you are confusing laser pointers with a LED torchlight, many of which now allow you to focus the beam tightly so it *is* very useful for reading house numbers...

It differs in one important aspect, not one example has ever been documented/recorded, not even badly.  You'd think someone would be within range of a camera / video / webcam / security monitor at the right time, but no.  

This might sound dumb but.. animals and self-defense. Mailmen encounter dogs and cats on their route, and a lazer pointer can be handy to distract the animal with the dot playfully or even shine the lazer into the eyes of the animal to get it to back off.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rashore said:

This might sound dumb but.. animals and self-defense. Mailmen encounter dogs and cats on their route, and a lazer pointer can be handy to distract the animal with the dot playfully or even shine the lazer into the eyes of the animal to get it to back off.

Not dumb at all - I hadn't thought of that!

• 4 months later...

I saw a red laser looking dot on my bedroom wall next to a dead spider ironically. I was laying on my bed at night around 11pm scared the heck out of me. But I could definitely feel a presence in the room before I even saw the red dot, so I highly think it has something to do with the spirit world. I wish we could get real answers.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I just did a google search for “tiny red light in my bedroom” and found this site.

About a month ago I went to bed, fell asleep then awakened a few hours later and saw a tiny red light lingering in the air by the foot of my bed. It was bright like a led but I have blackout curtains on my windows. I blinked my eyes but it was still there. It stayed there for a about 3 long seconds then disappeared. I was frightened and just sat there kind of frozen in my bed. I then started googling flying bugs with red eyes, fireflys but I couldn’t find a bug that would be in NY with red eyes. I’m completely mystified! 

5 hours ago, Whatwasthat said:

Hi, I just did a google search for “tiny red light in my bedroom” and found this site.

About a month ago I went to bed, fell asleep then awakened a few hours later and saw a tiny red light lingering in the air by the foot of my bed. It was bright like a led but I have blackout curtains on my windows. I blinked my eyes but it was still there. It stayed there for a about 3 long seconds then disappeared. I was frightened and just sat there kind of frozen in my bed. I then started googling flying bugs with red eyes, fireflys but I couldn’t find a bug that would be in NY with red eyes. I’m completely mystified! 

Google hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations. 

There is a weird state between sleep and awake where you can see and hear strange things that aren’t really there.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Google hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations. 

There is a weird state between sleep and awake where you can see and hear strange things that aren’t really there.

One night a couple of weeks ago...I had a dream in which my wife was leaving and went into the garage.  I heard her scream...no doubt dreamed that she screamed...but I 'heard' her scream and literally, physically jumped out of bed and ran to the garage door...then I heard my wife saying ...Are you okay??  ...from the bed.   It was the weirdest thing. 

• Like 2

Just googled this today because last night I had my own experience. Though it could have been sleep paralysis type stuff, still scared me good. I woke up in bed feeling out of it. Felt like my vision was fighting against me to work normally. I quickly noticed a red light (like a laser pointer) on the wall. My rational thought tried to explain it away as the television off light. But that light was also present. Plus I watched said light go from one end of the wall to the other end. My room has two windows with blinds pulled down on the second floor in a suburban neighborhood. When I glanced up at the window behind me as I saw the light “scan” my room I could have sworn I saw something obstructing the little light that was coming through, moving at the same pace of the light. Also the light was present even once this obstruction passed the window. Seemed like walls or blinds didn’t effect it. I continued to feel like something or someone was watching me for an hour until I could finally go back to sleep. It was not good sleep as I kept waking back up with the sensation of being touched or tugged on and with that strong feeling of not being alone. I actually thought I saw something move at the end of my bed in the blueish light my alarm clock gives off. I wipped my phone out real quick and took several photos of around my bed from in bed, but there was nothing. Maybe sleep paralysis, maybe not? 

Edited by Kev.Connor

Last night I got up to pee at 4 am. I came back to bed and covered up and was laying there wide awake and I noticed a red improper rectangle laser like light on my blanket.  As improbable as this sounds it was about 1.5 inches long but .5 inches tall. I live in a huge 90 year old on the second floor. Only one window totally covered.  It struck me as something electronic not a toy laser.  When I started to sit up it went away.  I could not go back to sleep because I know it could not have happened naturally. 

On 2/6/2018 at 11:45 PM, ChrLzs said:

Hi Chrlzs

I knew a fellow that trained his guard dogs to respond to command using a laser pointer as a means of silent control. the mailman may have used one to distract dogs and one should never point a laser into another's eyes no matter what species.

jmccr8

• Like 1