Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Fatal

A laser pointer-like red light

180 posts in this topic

ScotDeerie
Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2019 at 5:10 AM, Brent02 said:

I know someone hung himself there because my colleagues told me, and they say they heard the police report from when they came in. 

Nope. That's called a FOAF* report. That means nothing. Go to the library and research it yourself.  Every neighborhood has stories like that. Sometimes they're at a different address. Sometimes it wasn't anything like reported. Sometimes it is pure fabrication from the get-go. The only way to know for sure is to find actual proof, in print, in a newpaper or an obituary or a police log.  If you have a county historian, they could help. So could the local library.  Even your property deed might provide a clue.

*friend of a friend

Edited by ScotDeerie
  • Thanks 1

the13bats

People pull pranks, hoaxes and frauds for lots of reasons ranging from attention to like the warrens for profit, and of course a hard core hoaxer will never admit it.

I get it you are sold that it cant be anything other than paranormal supernatural which is being biased and close minded,

i showed that a cheap laser pointer looks basically identical to your laser pictures yet you hold fast no way it was just a laser,

Im not a blind faith true believer,

for the most part its a dead end right there,

however, since no one has ever proven anything paranormal exists this is a great opportunity for you to change a world view you say this "laser" phenomenon repeats then the next step is to get unbised researchers and investigators in on it, let them see it,  photograph it and present their findings in a legitmate scientific way,

Otherwise its just one of countless stories.

10 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Nope. That's called a FOAF* report. That means nothing. Go to the library and research it yourself.  Every neighborhood has stories like that. Sometimes they're at a different address. Sometimes it wasn't anything like reported. Sometimes it is pure fabrication from the get-go. The only way to know for sure is to find actual proof, in print, in a newpaper or an obituary or a police log.  If you have a county historian, they could help. So could the local library.  Even your property deed might provide a clue.

*friend of a friend

yes, but lets say someone did hang themselves there, so what? lots of people have hung themselves lots of places, most are not alleged to be haunted ( none of the ones claimed to be have proven it ) or have spookies disguised as laser pointers.

so scot, in the pix do you see laser, paranormal or undecided?

ScotDeerie
7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

yes, but lets say someone did hang themselves there, so what? lots of people have hung themselves lots of places, most are not alleged to be haunted ( none of the ones claimed to be have proven it ) or have spookies disguised as laser pointers.

so scot, in the pix do you see laser, paranormal or undecided?

I saw something I could reproduce in a cheap Photoshop rip-off in less than five minutes.  

I think that a million (okay a dozen or so) people all showing up, opening new accounts and saying they found something like JUST HAPPENED TO THEM on Google search (!) smells like 10 day old fish to me.  I call bullpoo.

• Thanks 1

ScotDeerie

OMG! I may have solved this!  It's my cat!  She shoots laser beams OUT OF HER MOUTH!

laser cat 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

the13bats
52 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I saw something I could reproduce in a cheap Photoshop rip-off in less than five minutes.  

I think that a million (okay a dozen or so) people all showing up, opening new accounts and saying they found something like JUST HAPPENED TO THEM on Google search (!) smells like 10 day old fish to me.  I call bullpoo.

I have seen that too and many when not hailed as having the smoking gun and having no real evidence when asked for it move on.

in this case i find it intriguing in a way not the pictures of lasers but why jump from the basically obvious prosaic explanation to its got to be paranormal, period, case and mind closed, i find that odd, why not be open to the boring explanations too? I admit it effects my view of a persons credibility.

a case like this if the desire is there to do so it can be proven to be a laser pointer or "other" other doesnt make it paranormal it makes it unexplained, im sold its a laser or less likely shopped.

in my way of thinking if something is important enough to join a forum to post about some alleged experence then its worthy of actual unbiased examination, ive asked for that before the grand total of follow through is zero.

( added ) the cool part of your cat pix ( cute cats btw ) is the lasers are not having to be projected on a background like mine and brents, which lets think about it "IF" it was some paranormal supernatural entity it wouldnt require a background...a laser pointer does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1