Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Cheap' watch worn by Barack Obama becomes

Still Waters

A relatively inexpensive watch has become an overnight best-seller after it emerged that President Barack Obama wears the same model.

With a price tag of around £260, the Jorg Gray 6500 is far cheaper than what most people would expect the world’s most powerful man to be sporting on his arm.

Mr Obama had previously worn a pricier TAG Heuer, and when enthusiasts first spotted him with the simple new time piece at several high-profile appearances, they assumed he must have upgraded.

However, after a frenzy of speculation among watch experts as to the maker of the simple black design, it was revealed that the president had acquired a Jorg Gray.

Following the disclosure, the US firm witnessed a sharp increase in sales and is now actively promoting its goods on the back of Mr Obama’s apparent endorsement.

Jorg Gray now offers a commemorative edition version of the same battery-powered watch worn by the president, engraved with the date of his inauguration.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• MARAB0D

• el midgetron

• Mr  Honeybadger

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it's official.

barack obama is the male oprah :blink:

Holy crap, you're right. I never thought of it that way before. I wonder when the Obama 'book of the month' club starts up? :P

lol so lame laugh.gif

They should just do a full blown Obama-brand-name line of products and sell them at Walmart.

Maybe at the next press conference we could get joan rivers to ask Obama "whos he wearing?". Or maybe a tell-all about what brand of toilet tissue or fabric softener he uses.

gallery-obama-merchandise-011.jpg

Pecans? huh, I thought zombies perfered the flavor of brains...

Yes. You Too can look like a community organizer with this attractive Cheap watch and Empty suit combination. ( Now on Sale )

I thought zombies perfered the flavor of brains...

Pecans kinda look like brains. Walnuts are closer.

I wonder when the Obama 'book of the month' club starts up? :P

That would be wonderful, as long as it's all non-fiction (preferably policy books). Use the star power to build an informed electorate.

Edited by Startraveler

260 euros is cheap? Hate to see what they think an expensive watch is.

Precisely. He's only recently had some money from selling his book. The presidency itself doesn't make squat.

Precisely. He's only recently had some money from selling his book. The presidency itself doesn't make squat.

Yeah, $400,000 x4 is chump change.

Not sure why anybody would really spend that much on a watch. I got mine on sale for 37 bucks and I thought that was too much. :P It's a smexy watch though.

Edited by __Kratos__

If I remember correctly Bush was wearing Timex, which is a really cheap brand, the pariah of the Swiss watches. The presidential wristwatch must have some hidden meaning in our world, and it would be wrong for a country leader to appear wearing some IWC or Patek like an Arab oil sheikh or a nuveau-riche. While a Chinese $10 watch is not really solid enough for a president. This leaves them with a moderate $1000 range, usually worn by lower middle class.

Yeah, $400,000 x4 is chump change.

The president has to pay a bunch of money out of his own pocket for expenses that are not covered by the government.

lol so lame laugh.gif

They should just do a full blown Obama-brand-name line of products and sell them at Walmart.

Maybe at the next press conference we could get joan rivers to ask Obama "whos he wearing?". Or maybe a tell-all about what brand of toilet tissue or fabric softener he uses.

gallery-obama-merchandise-011.jpg

Pecans? huh, I thought zombies perfered the flavor of brains...

Vanilla with pecans.. bland... kind of a nice statement here.