Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global Warming -- greatest scam in history

Karlis

John Coleman, founder of The Weather Channel says global warming is the greatest scam in history .

arrow3.gifRead more...

Other video clips where Coleman talks about Global Warming:

Coleman is a harsh critic of anthropogenic global warming. In the fall of 2007, he described the current concern over global warming "a fictional, manufactured crisis, and a total scam." [3]. In 2008, Coleman gave a speech of the same tone, before the San Diego Chamber of Commerce, blaming the "global warming scam" and environmentalist lobby, for rising gas and food prices. He also declared the scam "a threat to our economy and our civilization." [4]

Coleman has also made appearances on Fox News Channel and on the Showtime program, Penn & Teller: bull!, to share his global warming views. Coleman recently published an article entitled "The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam"[5] in which he promotes his ideas that many scientists and politicians have been embroiled in what amounts to scam based on incomplete science and a political motive for a world government. Coleman says the genesis of the global warming movement was the claims of scientist Roger Revelle, an early mentor of Al Gore, whose goal was seeking increased funding for the Scripps Institute of Oceanography.[5]

About John Coleman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Moon Monkey

• Michelle

• Wickian

The Green Hypocrites: Prince Charles and Gordon Brown take separate jets... to lecture the world on global warming

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1236249/The-Green-Hypocrites-Prince-Charles-Gordon-Brown-separate-jets--lecture-world-global-warming.html#ixzz0Zqj1WnOu

Just how hypocritical do you have to be:blink:

The Green Hypocrites: Prince Charles and Gordon Brown take separate jets... to lecture the world on global warming

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1236249/The-Green-Hypocrites-Prince-Charles-Gordon-Brown-separate-jets--lecture-world-global-warming.html#ixzz0Zqj1WnOu

Just how hypocritical do you have to be:blink:

Its like all the limos they needed to drive in from around around europe for the VIPs because Denmark didn't have enough.

i've been saying its a scam for a long time. just no one i know takes me seriously <_<

You guys are all so gullible, you'll believe any TV blabber looking for fame and who has ties to the energy industry, as does John Coleman.

But that's not the worst part -- Coleman is a "weather man" not a climate scientist, and he clearly does not understand the vast difference bewtween "weather" and "climate."

Go here for a total and devastating rebutt of all his dumb claims:

http://www.uscentrist.org/about/issues/environment/john_coleman

Again, Coleman is a weatherman, not a scientist. And you know what Bob Dylan said: "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing."

i've been saying its a scam for a long time. just no one i know takes me seriously <_<

That is because there is tons of scientific evidence showing that it isn't a scam.

That is because there is tons of scientific evidence showing that it isn't a scam.

:unsure2: scientific evidence.

In my opinion it just comes down to a personal belief.

bob: I believe as a scientist their is global warming

terry: I beieve its all nonsense

See, BELIEF!

:unsure2: scientific evidence.

In my opinion it just comes down to a personal belief.

bob: I believe as a scientist their is global warming

terry: I beieve its all nonsense

See, BELIEF!

Good for you. You are completely and utterly wrong (and that isn't a belief), but you think that.

BTW -- Coleman's college degree is in TV jouralism. He doesn't even have a degree in meteorology. He's basically a talking head. All he has ever done is "read weather reports" on TV -- weather reports he never prepared himself, but which he obtained from real meteorologists.

So some people here think: "Golly, he used to read weather reports on TV! He most know all about the weather and earth's climate. He's the expert!"

What a joke.

Good for you. You are completely and utterly wrong (and that isn't a belief), but you think that.

As you are the man with all the scientific answers could you simply explain to me why the Vostock data shows C02 rising for the last 10000 years whilst temperature has stayed pretty constant ? The graph is here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=1108

As you are the man with all the scientific answers could you simply explain to me why the Vostock data shows C02 rising for the last 10000 years whilst temperature has stayed pretty constant ? The graph is here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=1108

Do you mean this Vostock?

Vostok-ice-core-petit.png

Do you mean this Vostock?

Vostok-ice-core-petit.png

I don't know where you got your data from, I took the data from NASA, you can find the data sets here:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/

My plot of all the set is here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=1107

Edited by Moon Monkey

I don't know where you got your data from, I took the data from NASA, you can find the data sets here:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/

My plot of all the set is here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=1107

It is from

Petit J.R., Jouzel J., Raynaud D., Barkov N.I.,Barnola J.M., Basile I., Bender M., Chappellaz J., Davis J., Delaygue G., Delmotte M., Kotlyakov V.M., Legrand M., Lipenkov V., Lorius C., Pepin L., Ritz C., Saltzman E., Stievenard M. (1999). Climate and Atmospheric History of the Past 420,000 years from the Vostok Ice Core, Antarctica, Nature, 399: 429-436

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v399/n6735/full/399429a0.html

Edited by Mattshark

and i still havent seen any convincing data Proving that it's man made global warming.

Edited by Dr Alien

and i still havent seen any convincing data Proving that it's man made global warming.

That is nice and irrelevant, science, for a start doesn't prove, it evidences. I have put up plenty of papers showing vast amounts of evidence, how many did you bother to read? Or do you get all your science from mass media instead?

Gordon Brown, is this the same Gordon Brown that has single handily ruined the United Kingdoms economy. by 2015 our deficit will be 80% of GDP. yet the man can find £1.5 Billion to help "Poor countries" tackle global warming. yet he makes cuts to everything including the Armed forces, i mean we fighting a war in Afghanistan, the cream of our country are putting their lives on the line, and some have lost their lives.

yet £200million has to be cut from the armed forces budget each year. so next year our armed forces face cuts yet £500million will be sent to help poor countries fight climate change, priorities all ****ing wrong.

i'll take notice of Gordon Brown when it comes to cutting carbon, once he stops getting chauffeur driven three hundred yards from number 10 downing street to the palace of westminster.

Edited by stevewinn

Gordon Brown, is this the same Gordon Brown that has single handily ruined the United Kingdoms economy. by 2015 our deficit will be 80% of GDP. yet the man can find £1.5 Billion to help "Poor countries" tackle global warming. yet he makes cuts to everything including the Armed forces, i mean we fighting a war in Afghanistan, the cream of our country are putting their lives on the line, and some have lost their lives.

yet £200million has to be cut from the armed forces budget each year. so next year our armed forces face cuts yet £500million will be sent to help poor countries fight climate change, priorities all ****ing wrong.

i'll take notice of Gordon Brown when it comes to cutting carbon, once he stops getting chauffeur driven three hundred yards from number 10 downing street to the palace of westminster.

Do you think getting science of politicians is ever a good plan?

That is nice and irrelevant, science, for a start doesn't prove, it evidences. I have put up plenty of papers showing vast amounts of evidence, how many did you bother to read? Or do you get all your science from mass media instead?

if i got all my science from the media, i would believe in man made global warming.

if i got all my science from the media, i would believe in man made global warming.

:lol:

Rubbish, if you got it from scientific source you however would.

Rubbish, if you got it from scientific source you however would.

when i see something that completely convinces me that the climate is changing because of human activity and the affects are really as bad as every idiot makes it out to be, then i'd change my mind.

and i'm still waiting for proof...

You guys are all so gullible, you'll believe any TV blabber looking for fame and who has ties to the energy industry, as does John Coleman.

But that's not the worst part -- Coleman is a "weather man" not a climate scientist, and he clearly does not understand the vast difference bewtween "weather" and "climate."

Go here for a total and devastating rebutt of all his dumb claims:

http://www.uscentrist.org/about/issues/environment/john_coleman

Again, Coleman is a weatherman, not a scientist. And you know what Bob Dylan said: "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing."

Here is my problem with the information you provided. Your "source". Look at the two smiling faces on that website. Funny, but real? No. The article busting Coleman is provided by a website that features entertainers...comedians...as political commentators.

Sorry, but I find it hard to take Al Gore seriously, as well as the celebs looking for their 15 minutes, all jumping on the bandwagon. These people that chastise me for my carbon footprint, beat my annual output in one week. Very hard to take them seriously.

Do you think getting science of politicians is ever a good plan?

what you have to remember, its the politicians who are the policy makers not the scientists.

Here is my problem with the information you provided. Your "source". Look at the two smiling faces on that website. Funny, but real? No. The article busting Coleman is provided by a website that features entertainers...comedians...as political commentators.

Sorry, but I find it hard to take Al Gore seriously, as well as the celebs looking for their 15 minutes, all jumping on the bandwagon. These people that chastise me for my carbon footprint, beat my annual output in one week. Very hard to take them seriously.

The source I provided is the web site of the U.S. Centrist Party. I carry no water for them, but if you read the meat of the article, they make a terrific case against Coleman, who is nothing more than a laymen, at best.

It's like that old phrase: "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV."

Coleman is not a meteorologist or a climate scientists or anything close -- he's a TV newsreader -- a job for people who are good looking morons.

Yet he is being help up here as some kind last word or expert on climate change. "Oh wow, a TV personality has announced global warming is a scam!" What a joke.

Maybe I should go find some empty-headed actor or rock star to proclaim climate change is a serious problem. If I started a thread featuring Bono or Barbara Streisand proclaiming global warming as fact, I would expect all of you to mock me. That's all I'm doing here. The OP is making hay about a shallow TV man making a claim in a field where he is nothing but a rank amateur.

The source I provided is the web site of the U.S. Centrist Party. I carry no water for them, but if you read the meat of the article, they make a terrific case against Coleman, who is nothing more than a laymen, at best.

It's like that old phrase: "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV."

Coleman is not a meteorologist or a climate scientists or anything close -- he's a TV newsreader -- a job for people who are good looking morons.

Yet he is being help up here as some kind last word or expert on climate change. "Oh wow, a TV personality has announced global warming is a scam!" What a joke.

Maybe I should go find some empty-headed actor or rock star to proclaim climate change is a serious problem. If I started a thread featuring Bono or Barbara Streisand proclaiming global warming as fact, I would expect all of you to mock me. That's all I'm doing here. The OP is making hay about a shallow TV man making a claim in a field where he is nothing but a rank amateur.

You mean like...Al Gore?

Sorry, the case for global warming is good, but people like Gore do not help it. Because, plain and simple, people that love Al Gore and cried when he lost his bid for president, lapped up his global warming pitch. Much of his acclaimed documentary has been shown to be false claims, inflamed claims, misquotes, etc etc. Yet his die-hard supporters, ex-hippies and tofu chewing Vermontian supporters, STILL quote it. That unfortunately has turned it into a LIBERAL agenda driven issue, rather than a scientific one.

And Gore STILL says stupid things.

"These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr Wieslav Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years," The Times quoted Gore, as saying.

But Maslowski says that this was never a figure they agreed to.

"I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this," he said.

Add to this the fact that global warming became a MONEY issue yet again, with "poor" countries demanding money from "rich" countries (that means our taxes), and you quickly lose support for your position.