Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does your username mean?

Janiel

I used to post as texasgirlheather, closed my account, then backtracked and decided to rejoin. I couldn't access that name anymore obviously since it was closed, and I considered doing just texasgirl, which in retrospect I should have because of the confusion it has caused, but I had just read about a Filipino legend that I enjoyed reading since I like creepy, supernatural stuff lol. I so enjoyed imagining this creature that I had read about that I wanted to name myself after it.

A manananggal is, according to myth, a witch that can detach from most of it's body, flying around as either a head with it's internal organs trailing out and it's body waiting for it at home; or as a trunk/torso with it's lower body waiting for it to return. It supposedly has wings like a bat and a long, thin tongue that it uses to feed off of it's victims with. It flies around looking to feed. From what I read it is also referred to as a "tik-tik," for the noise it makes. While I do not posess any of these characteristics nor do I desire to lol, it is sometimes fun to pick a creepy name. And this forum is the place to do it if you're going to do it. I do not neccesarily believe it's a real creature but I don't completely reject the possibility, the world is full of mysterious creatures of various origins and it's fun to consider it, even though I'll never be able to know for sure in this life.

edit: My avatar is a picture of Ray Bradbury... NOT me. :lol:

edit again for Texas patriotism (ahem for those of you who have been questioning it and you know who you are coughericandrebelcough :angry: ) :P

linked-image

Edited by Manananggal

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phantom

• Janiel

• stillcrazy

• coldethyl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Online Dictionary Search:

#noun: someone who exhibits great independence in thought and action.

# verb: break with established customs.

Definitions:

# somebody unconventional: somebody who rejects the codes and conventions of society.

# to refuse to conform to the usual codes and conventions of society.

# *a person who resists/protests by defying authority, control, or tradition against the oppressive government or ruler of his or her country.

You exemplify all the best characteristics of someone who is not limited by negativity, and that is truly rebellious for the good. :wub: Strong name, and it suits you. :wub:

( :blush: )

Edited by Manananggal

the red shift

"when the electromagnetic radiation thats is emitted or reflected from an object is shifted towards the red end of the electromagnetic spectrum" - wikipedia

Electromagnetic radiation =

Short Wavelengths ----------------------------------------------------------------------------Long Wavelengths

gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet, [violet indigio blue green yellow orange red ] infrared, microwaves, radio waves

any increase in wavelength along this electromagnetic spectrum consitutes a redshift

bet you were'nt expecting a science lesson

so now i know teacher and i didnt have to look it up ha ha ha and mine is my cats name thats all nothin more

It was late and I was tired. I looked around at my surroundings for inspiration and saw a pack of Post It Notes. Silly, I know, but so am I =)

Mines Robinette because in Freshmen year, it was around Halloween one of my friends couldn't stop wearing her halloween outfit, she loved it, she love haing the cape, it was black, so we called her Batwaoman, and then she said and "you can be my side kick Robin!" and I said ummm "How about, Robinette" and it stuck for 3 years and running.

Edited by Robinette