Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swiss Watch Found in 400-Year Chinese Tomb

StoneAgeQueen

:blink:

i am having a hard time believing a small animal would go out of it's way to pick up a watch and just happen to put it in a 400year old tomb......the time travel scenario is just as a hard to believe :huh:

Google pack rats.

I know they come from the americas but I am sure something small and furry in china will have pretty much the same habits!

They pick up objects that interest them and carry them back to their nests, however if they find something else beforehand they drop what they are carrying and pick up the new item.

so no the animal didn't deliberately leave the watch there it just found something it wanted more and dropped it

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissMelsWell

• MARAB0D

• Stardrive

• StoneAgeQueen

While some mysteries are occasionally solved, the majority tend to live on forever without the truth being revealed. One in the latter category concerns the recent discovery of a century-old Swiss watch discovered in an ancient Chinese tomb that has been sealed for more than 400 years.

Link to rest of story

So that's what happened to H.G. Wells' watch! :huh: and here I thought he lost it in 1985 while dodging the Morlocks. :yes:

Lapiche

• 5 months later...

if that is real and has been there since that guy was buried an not a hoax that raises some bloody complex questions... :wacko:

if that is real and has been there since that guy was buried an not a hoax that raises some bloody complex questions... :wacko:

Actually it's thought not to be more than 100 years old, but the tomb has been sealed for 400 years...don't really know what to make of it :unsure2:

i guess swiss watches are not swiss...just like vegemite is not australian..anymore

unless the watch is proven to be as old as the tomb,which is not possible via carbon dating methods,then i will eat some humble pie.until then its just another claim

• 3 years later...