Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your favorite paranormal-themed video games

Fatal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Drago

• Fatal

• Pauly Dangerously

Clocktower 1 and 2. Killer dude with scissors aside, there is ghosts, possesed objects... you name it.

Can't believe no one's said Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit. It's a also like that Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem game.

Somehow the main character becomes possessed and kills an innocent man. He then deals with that possession throughout the game and has trances where he goes in and out. He loses his grip on reality and begins to become crazy. The game also has a Sanity meter which I think is A LOT better than Eternal Darkness. You even have one scene where the cops come to your door and you gotta hide blood that mysteriously got into your apartment. Seriously, it is still to this day my most favorite horror/RPG game. You even have the option of choose how the story comes out by making your own decisions in the game.

You sold me. I got it for PC after reading this. Haven't gotten around to playing it for more than a minute yet though.

Hey guys, new poster on here. Does anyone remember a video game were you were on an seemingly abandoned space facility, armed with just a camera and having hordes of ghosts everywhere? It was a horror/mystery game, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. It was the for the PS2 I believe.

I have to admit that the Project Zero series (also known as Fatal Frame) has to be the freakiest trilogy of games I've played so far.

My partner (who is 29 I might add) is addicted to all 3 of the games but totally refuses to play it without someone else in the room!

Edited by Wicked1

I have to admit that the Project Zero series (also known as Fatal Frame) has to be the freakiest trilogy of games I've played so far.

My partner (who is 29 I might add) is addicted to all 3 of the games but totally refuses to play it without someone else in the room!

As Wicked1's partner (who is not 29! I'm 28! Naughty naughty!), I'd have to agree.

Those games were just downright creepy!

There's nothing like walking through a dark creepy house, with no background noise except your footsteps, and all of a sudden your controller vibrates and you have absolutely no idea where the ghost is! *shudders*

And yes... there was a period when I needed to have someone in the room with me, because it was just plain creepy! Especially when the little girl ghost was yelling at me 'You killed my father', my controller was vibrating and I couldn't focus the camera properly because I was yelling 'No I didn't! Leave me alone!'

Damn good games!

As Wicked1's partner (who is not 29! I'm 28! Naughty naughty!), I'd have to agree.

Those games were just downright creepy!

There's nothing like walking through a dark creepy house, with no background noise except your footsteps, and all of a sudden your controller vibrates and you have absolutely no idea where the ghost is! *shudders*

And yes... there was a period when I needed to have someone in the room with me, because it was just plain creepy! Especially when the little girl ghost was yelling at me 'You killed my father', my controller was vibrating and I couldn't focus the camera properly because I was yelling 'No I didn't! Leave me alone!'

Damn good games!

Totally agree, for me fatal frame 2 is the scariest game i've ever play.

I love the fact that ghosts come out of everywhere, from inside walls, from the ground, etc.., not to mention the fact that you need to let them get face to face to kill them.

When you play that game your always wondering "One more step and i'm screwed."

Good days playing it :tu:

Ghostbusters for the Xbox 360 is my current fav. All time fav. is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Doom3 was pretty good though, also had a lot of fun with Resident Evil 4, and 5.

Edited by SpiderCyde

Resident evil 0, 1, 2, 3, CVX, 5

Although they aren't paranormal (Just games that revolves around conspiracies), I've loved them all since I was 8, I love the way a virus can shift so much so to cause a massive, creepy change in physical appearance. I put 5 because I felt it was a lot closer to a resident evil game than 4 was, in its themes and styles.

Also, as already mentioned above, I do love a bit of Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Ive been playing that one on the mega drive since I was 3 years old and still love it.

Silent Hill 2 is a mentally fantastic game.

On top of all of these, I own every Castlevania, several posters, all of the soundtracks and several shirts. Ayami Kojima/the Castlevania series also happen to be my creative muse's :lol:

I also own all the fatal frame/Project Zero games. too.

I game too much and have done for too long... :innocent:

[EDIT]: I'm also digging Demon's Soul's WAAAYYYY too much right now. May be one of my favourite games of all time, it's definitely up there right now, anyway. (Wasn't sure if I should class it as paranormal or fantasy, but people on this site consider Demon's to be a bit of both, so why not! :lol: )

Edited by Dementis Inferi

Ghosts'n Goblins. Isn't that a different variation of Ghosts'n Ghouls?

I have Super Ghosts'n Ghouls (from the SNES) on my Wii console. Just bought it a couple days ago and I like it. Have since I was a kid. But man is it HARD!

This makes me miss my super Nintendo....have never been able to get past the second level but I try like hell for hours!