Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Movie Monsters

chico del nacho

the Leprechaun was never one of my favorite killers in horror movies, especially as his series went on, but there's something about an evil little irishman that draws people. like my stepbrother, who last night rented "Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood." the movie just before was in "the hood" too, obviously, and it was a terrible movie. but the movie made me think about how much the Leprechaun has changed, even if it is always played by the truly awesome Warwick Davis, who can currently be seen in the Harry Potter movies. he's one of the teachers. the midget one.

originally, the Leprechaun was something to be feared. the previews and trailers i'd see on tv terrified me and i had no idea what the movie was about. i eventually saw some of the Leprechaun movies and didn't like them much. i did like the little rhymes the leprechaun would use before he used his patented Leprechaun Magic (by ACME), but i was young and the gruesomeness hadn't become desensitized yet. his basic motive has been to get his stolen gold back and to get revenge on the thieves. now and then, he'd be motivated by love, but really, who care? also, a leprechaun bite will turn you into a leprechaun. so be careful.

anyway, for the new movie,the Leprechaun continues his love of marijuana from the movie before it. something about a leprechaun smoking weed has never quite worked for me. call me crazy, i don't care. there was also an incredibly stupid trend made in this movie for his murders: most of them had him punching people in the stomach. let me repeat that in case you weren't sure you read it right: he punches them in the friggin stomach. there was no reason for this, he just seemed to be in the right place at the right time for some stomach-punching action. it made me very mad. anyway, i'm going to spoil this masterpiece by telling you how he dies: he falls into some conveniently wet cement in a construction site that's been abandoned for a year. this is either smart cement, that chooses when it dries or somebody just happened to pour some fresh stuff in near the last part of the movie. i never saw why it was there, but it was and that's that, i guess.

LESSONS LEARNED: every horror movie has a lesson and i like to learn cool.gif

1. Greed (and revenge) is bad unless someone took your stuff.

2. Apparently, magic does not come close to the amazing power of a punch in the stomach.

3. Giving things back after you stole them will save your life, but it's uncool, so don't even think about it.

AND THE BIGGY:

* Red hair, a nice smile, dressing sharply, and having a good body (in your opinion) means nothing at all to a woman on the phone if you also mention to her that you're 3'6". *

to anyone that read all of this, thank ya kindly thumbsup.gif

Edited by chico del nacho

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chico del nacho

• Chauncy

• Talon

• moe eubleck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

laugh.giflaugh.gif @ Nacho

There are many types of horror films.

Dead teenager horrors: no examples needed

Suspense Horror: Event Horizon

Cheesy low budget Horror: Childs play, leprechaun, Killer clowns from outter space.

Thank you for the warnings and reviews for Leprechaun Mr. Nacho!

I am glad that there are people like you who are willing to watch and analyze such cheese. you make the world of cinema a better place.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by moe eubleck

lol i'm glad you enjoyed it. i'd also like to mention that monster movies and just B movies in general are my bread and butter cool.gif

How about monty Python?

but of course. monty python was something i was practically raised on. nothing better than trying to get people into a rousing ditty of "sit on my face" or watching the infamous parrot sketch.

I like bigfoot and yeti movies. But I think Jaws has to be one of the best monster movies

2. Apparently,magic does not come close to the amazing power of a punch to the stomach

This is a valuable lesson to learn. Try using a spell to knock someone down and then try a punch to the stomach. See which works better. laugh.gif

Personally, Leprechaun in the Hood made me lose all interest in that series...

Moe said

There are many types of horror films.

Dead teenager horrors: no examples needed

Suspense Horror: Event Horizon

Cheesy low budget Horror: Childs play, leprechaun, Killer clowns from outter space

I like whatching these cheesy horror flics. There was a recent one I just watched about a cabin and this virus type thing, it was really cheesy and had all the horror movie taboos in it like splitting up the group or going to investigate things alone.

That movie Event Horizon I thought was really good, but they needed to show more of that video that the previous crew had left.

I never really got into the leprechaun flics.....The killer clown that appeared in House of a Thousand Corpse was really good!!

post-5-1086667223.jpg

Event Horizon, i didn't like it much. didn't find it scary, didn't find it entertaining, just found it confusing. maybe if i saw it again...

now for a good, cheap horror movie, try the puppet master series or the phantasm series. those are some quality movies laugh.gif except for "Retro Puppet Master." don't watch that one, it's bad.

Phantasm just rules IMO. thumbsup.gif The flying death-spheres were cool and the Tall Man is a creepy villian that doesn't go over the top with melodrama the way they like to do in many B movies.

Tha Phantasm movies were very scary, the Tall man enshrouded my dreams for quite some time after seeing the first one.....I'm over that now.

I don't really remember what his job was, why was he the way he was?

the Tall Man, originally a farmer and scientist a little while after the colonial days of america, was born with the name jebediah something or other. i can't recall his last name. anyway, he invented the teleporting rods that lead the red dimension. he dressed his best and went through the portal in hopes to make contact with an intelligent species and help mankind and the other race, because seriously, wouldn't it be handy to have another bunch of people as allies and helpers in the arts and sciences?

minutes later, he reentered our world, but the man known as jebediah was long gone and all that was left was the Tall Man. i figure his soul was reaped and replaced by something uber-powerful.

he travels the country, going from town to town, killing of the townspeople and using them for his experiments and for his helpers. he shrinks the bodies down into the midget zombies and uses their brains for the flying spheres of death, which i might add, i think are one of the coolest things in movies ever.

another sequel is currently in the works. they are trying to get money and whatnot. the cast would have reggie bannister, of course, but also bruce campbell, alice cooper, and a bunch of other very wicked people. the story would be that the Tall Man has essentially gained control of the entire united states except for the states of california and new york. the land in between is the plague lands, where the sort-of alive wander and when they come close to a human, they're heads will explode, esposing a the plague to the people nearby, making them the stumbling hosts. reggie goes in to save his friend, what's-his-name, and will meet up with bruce campbell and his little army squad, who are on a secret mission against the Tall Man.

Thanks for the over view......things make more sense now.

Bruce Campbell is in the next sequel eh....thats awesome....I really like Army of Darkness.

Have you ever heard of another movie Bruce did called Bubba Ho-tep?

heh, i followed the making of bubba ho-tep since i'd first heard of it. whe it was available to rent, i watched it three times in two days. that movie is just brilliant. bruce campbell IS elvis in that movie, eh? and the music they used as a theme was so good. that was directed by don coscarelli, actually, the guy who directed phantasm. so even MORE correlations! ohmy.gif

I'm going to find that movie. Sounds good.

I also remember hearing that there was going to be another Evil Dead, but this turned out to be rumor.

http://www.bruce-campbell.com/

post-5-1086721662.jpg

I've just thought, aren't Godzilla and King King the #1 movie monsters as everyone knows who they are, plus Godzilla has had about 50 movies, and King Kong like 10 spin offs? huh.gif

i think godzilla turned 50 a couple weeks back...always one of the best monsters...

and yeah peter jackson is gonna be directing a remake of king kong. jack black has been cast, as well as a couple other people. not sure about the damsel though.

i think godzilla turned 50 a couple weeks back...always one of the best monsters...

Indeed, the first Godzilla movie came out in 1954, they are about to release the last one Godzilla: Final Wars in Japan Gozilla.co.jp . Its apparently going to feature a lot of his past enemies/allies and be the classic, get 30 monsters in a city and let them knock the utter **** ****** ****** **** out of each other and the human population until only one remains. Ahh.... flashbacks to Destroy All Monsters blush.gif . The film is suppost to be the last Godzilla, but lets face it, he's 50 and still Japan's favour cult monster. They're bound to bring him out retirement for the 60th, 70th, 80th etc aniverseries, oh and when that invincible alien monster comes to wipe out Tokyo... again... is Godzilla really gonna stand back and let the Japanese get wiped, NOOO! He'll be out there for that 'one-off' return match too. rolleyes.gif

Here's a pic of G:FW. I'm guessing someone's made the classic mistake of thinking nukes would kill the monsters... again. tongue.gif

user posted imagerolleyes.gif

Edited by Talon S.

crying.gif *sniff* it's just so beautiful...

*sniff* it's just so beautiful...

I know... http://www.aintitcool.com even said it will give you an "ere-beep! large enough to destroy downtown Chicago with a might hip twist" grin2.gif Only they weren't so kind enough to edit their language tongue.gif

That new movie called 'The Chronicles of Riddick" looks right on!!

I liked 'Pitch Black" those were some nasty aliens. I like the character Riddick he's like the Anti-Hero.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/th...iclesofriddick/