Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I want to have an ability,but how?

darkzc

I don't think being a psychic is under your control...you need to be gifted with potential and you need to discover that you have the gift.If you have ever had premonitions or feelings about people or events you may have wondered, what are the signs of being psychic? Have you had a dream that came true? Knew something before it actually happened? To some degree these are all signs of being psychic.

The truth is we all have elements of psychic abilities, but it is to what degree we use them. There are many different signs that you may be psychic. We all have instincts when we first meet someone for the first time. Generally it goes along as normal, but oftentimes there are people who send up red flags - for whatever reason, we just don't "get good vibes" from them. Or have you ever met someone that you thought you already knew?

Those are some signs of psychic ability but without further pursuit they blend into our everyday routine. Some people have clairvoyant dreams, where they may see an accident occurring and within a week or so and it actually does come true.

Sometimes you may get a certain feeling when you enter a building or someone's home. Instantly you may be picking up on vibrations of past occurrences within this building. Perhaps something violent occurred at this location and you are able to feel this when you enter.

How many of us have been thinking of someone who we haven't seen or heard from in a very long time and we either run into him or her or we receive an unexpected phone call from this party.

These are all signs of being psychic, but it is focusing on these signs, nurturing them and paying attention to them that makes someone a psychic. We all have these abilities, but it your choice if you want to further develop them for your own use or to assist others

Thanks

B???

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rickety

• puridalan

• Agent. Mulder

• danydandan

Send in 4 payments of $49.99 to me and then we'll talk.

Seriously though, if anyone has any powers, they're born with it. And it's actually a lot rarer than you think. It's not some mystical powers thing. It has to do with an untapped part of the brain that science has yet to discover.

Edited by MasterAdam

Triade

YOu are right, I can be selfish. I am not saying that sometimes I do not have my bouts of wanting to know for myself..yes you are right that is very selfish. SOME of the time, other times I am just trying to help.

But I certainly see where you are coming from, I'm not going to pretend to be a perfect angel..because I'm not

Well yes, curiosity...sometimes it can be so delightfully luing huh :)

That's the trouble also when there's no real consistency in what and when you share the information you obtained.

"SOME of the time, other times I am just trying to help."

You've gotta pick your battles to come across as someone credible.

At least, that's what I think.

See I don't understand that. When people like me and puridalan do something that is humanly normal like being selfish, people say "isn't that selfish? That's wrong! You shouldn't do that!" but when someone takes out $5,000 from an ATM and just passes a homeless person on the street without so much as a passing glance you think nothing of it and think that it's his money and he earned it, he can do what he wants with it. Well it's our visions, we're entrusted with them and we can do whatever we damn well please with them as well. Just because we're psychic and have selfish moments doesn't mean we're selfish psychics, it means we're human and capable of human emotions, just like you. We aren't some other species, we're the same as you, the same organs, same brain structure, same nervous system, same bone structure and same cell structure. I don't wanna say it makes me mad so much as it peeves me off that some people treat psychics different than other people, you're too hard on us and make every little thing we do to be this horrible sin and terrible crime, when it's just human nature and that's all we can give you, we lash out, we get sad, we get selfish, we get happy, we get p***ed off and we get upset just like you. Now quit acting like we have some sort of extra control over our emotions that gives us the ability to control them because (just like you!) we can't!

You do realise your post is one big contradiction?

You're constantly pleading to be looked at as anybody else, but in a way you try to put yourself in a seperate psychic category.

A common mistake.

Same with tattood/pierced ppl. They make themselves "different" and then they complain that ppl look at them as if they're different and start preaching how they're just like anybody else.

Of course you're like anybody else. You don't have to tell me this. Sheesh.

"Acting like you should have more controle of your emotions cuz you're psychic. lmao

1) I did not at all acknowledge you are psychic

2) I certainly did not say you should have more controle over your emotions than the next person

3) Sometimes you just gotta know when to keep your mouth shut and realise it's not ALL about YOU and your "special" powers.

You don't always have to try and be special you know. Trying to make ppl acknowledge you by telling them stuff you saw about THEIR life. That's dictating them. Most will not accept this and just turn away from you, because you come across cocky.

4) You could use some basic social interaction tactics, so that the information you would like to share with ppl isn't forced into their minds.

Edited by Triade

I have the ability to detect BS. :)

LOL

Man , all I want to be is stable...Have a steady job and a home...

Become Psychic?....Is not possible , no one is Psychic....If there were true " Psychics" there are a lot of things that would be diferent in todays world.

Think about it...( you shouldn't have too )...If there ever was a " true" psychic , their " abilities" would be rewarded , and used to full extent.....

Here is a list of just some things any Psychic with a heart could have minimized damage on ( feel free to add to it ) :

9/11

D.C Sniper

San Fran Earthquake

Iraq/Afghanistan Wars

Tsunami's

Countless child abductions

Economy

Fort Hood Shooting

Come on , tell me if there was a real " psychic" out there , we as a human race would not have them on a pedistal if they could actually foresee these things and minimize the damage...They would rather charge $25.00 for a personal generic reading , or after the fact predictions...

I wish I could find a true psychic , just for a small favor , where should I apply to have a decent career to get a house again , and be able to retire...I am on my own there , same as everyone else.

Skari, you forgot to mention Rap and American Idol. The world can do away with those too.

Darkzc, I believe that there are people with abilities but I think they are born with them. It might not be as rare as one thinks because there could be a large part of those people who never use them or discover them.

To gain an ability from nowhere? I think it is impossible. But maybe you should try to experiment with some different ones to see if you have any. But if you cant do something don't keep trying to because it is likely you never will.

Skari, you forgot to mention Rap and American Idol. The world can do away with those too.

:tu:

The more anime you watch, the more convinced you will become that you have psychic powers.

Who knows, maybe if you believe hard enough it will come true? If it does, can you help me win the lottery? I'm poor.

You do realise your post is one big contradiction?

Point number 1.)

My post is not a contradiction. It's just an explanation.

You're constantly pleading to be looked at as anybody else, but in a way you try to put yourself in a seperate psychic category.

A common mistake.

Same with tattood/pierced ppl. They make themselves "different" and then they complain that ppl look at them as if they're different and start preaching how they're just like anybody else.

Point number 2.)

I never asked for you to look at me differently. My point was that I'm no more selfish than that guy with the $5,000 but my kind of selfishness is worse right? Because I'm "meddling with people's lives" there is so much wrong with that. People don't have to listen to me, they can discredit me if they want and ignore me but if it comes true then they better not come crying to me.

Of course you're like anybody else. You don't have to tell me this. Sheesh.

"Acting like you should have more controle of your emotions cuz you're psychic. lmao

Actually I have had many people tell me that I should have more control over my emotions because I'm psychic, they say that it's my "responsibility" to be more sensitive of other people's feelings, which is new age BS.

1) I did not at all acknowledge you are psychic

And this is relevant..... how?

2) I certainly did not say you should have more controle over your emotions than the next person

You already said (indirectly of course but you still implied that)

3) Sometimes you just gotta know when to keep your mouth shut and realise it's not ALL about YOU and your "special" powers.

You don't always have to try and be special you know. Trying to make ppl acknowledge you by telling them stuff you saw about THEIR life. That's dictating them. Most will not accept this and just turn away from you, because you come across cocky.

Okay well I'm not "trying to be special" I didn't ask for this I was just born with it so I'm not trying to be special, this is what and who I am, it may be out of the norm but it's who I am so deal with it. And who gave you the right to tell me that I need to know when to keep my mouth shut? Who are you my mother? Don't try to tell m what to do, that may sound childish, but I don't tell you that you need to know when to keep your mouth shut so I should get the same respect from you! And it's not dictating, like I said I'm not forcing them to listen to me, I'm just telling them what I saw, it's their right whether to listen to it or not.

4) You could use some basic social interaction tactics, so that the information you would like to share with ppl isn't forced into their minds.

And as for this..... I have excellent social tactics, I was one of the most popular people in my high school because I knew how to interact with people and didn't just hang out with one crowd, I hung out with all different kinds of people. And as I've said so many times on this post, it's the right of the people I tell whether to believe me or not, I don't try to force them to believe me, it's their right to choose. I just impart on them what I saw, nothing more, nothing less. I don't say "I saw in a vision that you're gonna die! Believe me or I'll make it come true faster!"

• 2 weeks later...

How can i learn to become psychic?

Well there is one thing I know for sure

There has never been any proof that you CAN'T become psychic :D

Anyways try this forum if you want to talk about developing supernatural powers http://www.tkforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=fmhlidjd4dvg2akn8akts9v7p1&topic=973.0

The forum that you're on is more for proving or disproving the existence of these powers.

PS: LOL I even linked you right to the thread that you're probably looking for. Try starting with that exercise.

Edited by PsychoShock

One of the worst lies people tell you is to have powers you have to be born with them and that if you arent born in them you have to resign to be an average joe

Only one problem, both of them are biased skeptics. You make one tiny little mistake and they're gonna discredit you, like if you get the color of something wrong, or if you have one letter wrong then they're gonna discredit you, your prediction may come true to the end and everything happen according to your prediction but WAIT! He got the color of the sweater wrong so he's not a psychic! That's what bias skeptics do, they have an opinion that you're a fake before you even start trying to prove it.

Here's an example of my abilities, believe me if you wish but if my sister had an account then she would tell you this happened. My sister was dating this guy and nobody knew but me and her. After a while I got a strange feeling that a big secret would be revealed about my sister (I was 17 at the time and my parents didn't know that I smoked so it could have been that too but I knew it was about my sister.) And then about a week later we had a confrontation with her about the boyfriend and all hell broke loose, her secret was revealed and everyone was angry because this guy was a gangster and he really was not good for anyone.

Another example?

A few months ago I got a feeling that something big and paranormal was going to happen, that some sort of entity would come or that there was gonna be a huge increase in paranormal activity, the next week I came on here and there were people talking about a spike in paranormal activity, saying that they had never seen a spike like this before.

Oh and I have something I would like to share. Someone in this thread, I don't know who but it's gonna be either Agent Mulder, darkzc or Deceiver. There's going to be a car accident, it may not be you it could be someone close to you but there's going to be a car crash, the car is either blue or black, I couldn't tell it was at night but I'm pretty sure it was blue. It's going to be head-on, the driver of the other vehicle is going to be drunk, not falling over drunk but still enough to alter his functionality, his car is gonna be white. The drunk driver is gonna come close to death but he'll pull through with a few nerve problems, the driver of the blue car is gonna be okay, a few bruises nothing big maybe a few deep cuts.

Now I'm telling you this because I'm concerned, sometimes they don't come true but this one I'm pretty sure will. Laugh it off if you want, call me a nut job, but take head to this warning and be prepared, it may happen tomorrow, it may happen next month but it will happen almost exactly how I predicted it, the colors are subjective but this will most likely happen, 90% of my visions come true so that means there's a 10% chance it won't happen. But still be prepared for the worst.

Oops lol sorry Uri isn't a skeptic lol got a little lost in the post and forgot he was in there lol sorry guys!

I believe in premonitions but the future isnt set you can change it, the fact that you want people about it states it, even if you can see the future it is not written on stone it can be changed destiny can be changed

One of the worst lies people tell you is to have powers you have to be born with them and that if you arent born in them you have to resign to be an average joe

Actually my words that were it is harder to get the power if you are not born with it, not impossible. You don't have to resign to being an average joe, I just meant that it's hard to OBTAIN powers, being born with them is just easier lol.

I believe in premonitions but the future isnt set you can change it, the fact that you want people about it states it, even if you can see the future it is not written on stone it can be changed destiny can be changed

See I love this! Because that's one of the reasons only 90% of my visions come true. We make our own destiny, fate sets a path but we can alter it and avoid a lot of the bad stuff. It's just that a lot of people get stuck on that "Well I'm gonna die anyway!" or "Well it's gonna happen anyway so what's the point of trying?!" that's another thing that peeves me off. If it's gonna happen then live your life to the fullest and maybe when that time comes you will have altered your destiny and you'll live or something bad won't happen!

i'm telepath and i have many concluente experiment , i'm good sender there is many people who can read and hear my thoughts ,if you want i can do with you an experiment on skype or msn

one of the worst lies is people telling you they have an ability, but can never seem to prove it under controlled circumstances.

just gets the hopes up for people who want to believe.

Mulder

There are a few of us, who have more than proven to over literally more than a 100 people, to each one that we can pick specific things about their life. Now, I am not saying you do not have liars out there, and I toootally agree that have conartists out there are horrible and can lead to dangerous things. On the other hand, it's unfornate that the few who are good are harshly criticized because of those invididuals poor choices.

It is just like the mentally ill. Most people think that most 'mentally ill' are crazy, delusional, and down right dangerous. When in fact its a mior percentage that commit those crimes.

There are a few of us, who have more than proven to over literally more than a 100 people, to each one that we can pick specific things about their life.

See I love this! Because that's one of the reasons only 90% of my visions come true.

Why are you guys so keen on proving an internet community you have powers anyway?

Also. You say you already proved yourselves. Then how come so many still doubt you? Doesn't seem very efficient "proof" then.

i would love to have powers but its not in our capability yet, some of us are lucky and have a mild power but honestly some people trick your mind into thinking they have a power its called illusion and the masters of this art use it for gain mostly.

powers are in our grasp but not in our generation maybe a few thousand years once humanity has matured and shed the need for religion, greed, and tv lol we have been dumbed down by entertainment money and material goods and religions that call it blasphemy when you claim to have powers or your possessed we are all sub conciosly worried to possess powers of any kind and being called freaks of nature.

alot of people these days are losing there faith or just dont want religion due to the horrible things that are happening or that there bored of it or they are enlightened to believe in something but dont want religion in the future i dont see religion i see an unhappy future of war, disaster and economic callapse and the human race on the brink of destruction finally realising we need to pull together no more greed, war and religion we will just survive and learn by past mistakes and then we will evolve with distractions gone our brains may evolve and unlock our potential we have sub consiosly forgotten we may even evolve in a million years time into something completly different pure energy maybe or we find god which i think is a universal mind our energy goes to when we die and we shed the needs of a body well this is probely highly unlikly but there is hope for our doomed species especially with all the greed and the main greedy people are in power its gonna take alot for this to happen.

How do we know for sure that some people are indeed insane? Maybe they are sane or enlightened and the rest of us are nuts or ignorant.

I think the OP is looking for help in developing the gifts he already has. Hopefully PsychoShocks link will help.

It's not some mystical powers thing. It has to do with an untapped part of the brain that science has yet to discover.

There's the Pineal Gland.

In order to have psychic powers, one must know why he/she needs it?

Just to show off??...for fame??

When you have no need of psychic powers, your mind can understand it, it knows that u can do well without psychic powers too, hence it tries to stop trying to achieve these powers.

So try to find why u want to have psychic powers.

Once you know the reason and the consequences of having powers, you'll never reveal them even though you have them. So ones who has powers never say what they have and how they achieved it!! for it has worst consequences that follow these powers.

Say you have a power to heal....how many people can u heal?... Every one who's about to die pleads you to heal him/her,once you don't heal them, you become a killer instead of a savior.

Say you have a power to fly, every unsolved security breach in filed on your name making you a criminal.

Say you can predict future, people will lose interest in life, not even u can enjoy your life as u know everything that's gonna happen. No body dies and world will be saturated.

Every Power has it's side effects, may be that's why great sages of India migrate to Himalayas to master their powers so that no one can ask them to use their powers for selfishness.

Man , all I want to be is stable...Have a steady job and a home...

Become Psychic?....Is not possible , no one is Psychic....If there were true " Psychics" there are a lot of things that would be diferent in todays world.

Think about it...( you shouldn't have too )...If there ever was a " true" psychic , their " abilities" would be rewarded , and used to full extent.....

Here is a list of just some things any Psychic with a heart could have minimized damage on ( feel free to add to it ) :

9/11

D.C Sniper

San Fran Earthquake

Iraq/Afghanistan Wars

Tsunami's

Countless child abductions

Economy

Fort Hood Shooting

Come on , tell me if there was a real " psychic" out there , we as a human race would not have them on a pedistal if they could actually foresee these things and minimize the damage...They would rather charge $25.00 for a personal generic reading , or after the fact predictions...

I wish I could find a true psychic , just for a small favor , where should I apply to have a decent career to get a house again , and be able to retire...I am on my own there , same as everyone else.

most of those things, you cant prevent for other people but only the psychic themselves...

9/11-no one would believe you, you would be seen as terrorist

D.C Sniper-no one would believe you, ppl would think you were in on it...

San Fran Earthquake-no one would believe you, seen as mental ppl would want proof

Iraq/Afghanistan Wars-no one would believe you, also seen as terrorist

Tsunami's-no one would believe you, same with earthquake

Countless child abductions-no one would believe you,would think you are about to abduct them

Economy-no one would believe you, they would want proof and stuff

Fort Hood Shooting-no one would believe you, ppl would think you were in on it

so basically noone would believe you... so whats the point?

Being psychic is not at all specifically about reading minds and auras, changing the future or anything typically related like that.

The one crucial phenomenon as to why I believe psychic abilities are real is this: We, as human beings have the ability to break up time, as time does not exist in our dreams. ALL humans have the ability to predict future events through our dreams. I do not believe people are 'chosen' or born with this ability, I believe it is a gift all the human race possesses, but some are more in tune than others, and I believe this is down to whether you embrace or reject the present mode of this world.

Seriously, to all those that totally disregard this being true, I understand where you're coming from, so many people on the new age bandwagon are just a joke, and they virtually make me sick. However just think about this, I am almost certain you have had a dream that visualizes some type of aspect about future events, I don't even believe such dreams generally make sense in relation to people you know or associate with. Hasn't it happened to you, a dejas vous? Why does this happen? It is a phenomenon that is often ruled out via coincidence, but how can so many people that experience this all be under the same coincidences?

Almost every single person I closely know (who literally, have no reason to lie) has had this type of experience, not anything major, no preventing terror attacks or saving the rainforest, but something small and minute. The fact is though, it occurs.

Just as the universe has the smallest amounts of matter colliding, moving and turning, so too does our minds observe the smallest particles of time.

Edited by b_kid

The only slight abnormality shown from one SPECT scan is a more than lit up/enlarged cingulte gyrus a specific part. Anywho, this part of the brain plays a major role in emotions. It is no wonder that if this is slightly enlarged and so forth that one could hypothesize a person with this real structural difference could have a upper hand on 'reading people' ect ect. Something that they should probably and have research more into.

Nepo

To you, secondly that is not totally true, some people WILL believe you. It is finding sources you can trust, along with having documtation in a sealed evelope mailed before it happens. And you would obviosuly be profiled by FBI and other organizations for doing this as a 'potiental risk' however over time with enough crediablity and other factors acoounting you can be trusted or more so. I have had some of my worst skeptics over the yrs. become non-skeptics because of proving certain things to them that are unexplainable and they have not told me. So, that in itself is not totally true. With anything you have the pros and the cons, and weighing them in. And I do not see major events (usually) such as though more smaller scale...9-11 I never saw it coming..then again I wasn't really caring about that. Some parts of us will always remain egocentric.

MnM

Most of the 'powers' are not really legit as in flying. However the one of interest you brought up was healing very real in my opinion. This as you say can be a real horrible issue. I am giong into the medical field and along with what I can do I am opening up my own business. I will always have a job because one its the medical field and because of what I can do people will come to me, this I know. You are right the bad news is you won't have much of a social life when you are called in, secondly if you are really good you'll have people traveling across the world to come to you. I went to an amazing specalist over 3 yrs ago I believe. Anywho, he is so popular now (even though hes tried to remain under radar) you cannot basically get to him via phone or email only word of mouth, like if you have a friend/family member that can pin you in up there. He is a rarity to find and because of this he gets calls all times of the day and people from Ireland and any other place coming to him just to go TO HIM.

I wish to only be a fraction of what he is, but it doesn't come without a lot of sacreficies as I have seen with him first hand. It is not easy, but both he and I believe that it is much better than not helping anyone at all. THe power of healing is something we all should learn, especially the power to heal oneself. I could rant forever, but ya.

Steviod

I think you are misinformed. I do not see it as a power as one, but merely an above average intelligence in one area. (some math, others reading people ect). Foremost if anything this 'ability' has been around since the dawn of time and humans have mastered it since then and in all other various ancient times. I think people assume that the future automatically means smarter, which simply is just NOT true. Something to think about.

Edited by puridalan