Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel: First Jesus-era house found in

thefinalfrontier

NAZARETH, Israel – Days before Christmas, archaeologists on Monday unveiled what they said were the remains of the first dwelling in Nazareth that can be dated back to the time of Jesus — a find that could shed new light on what the hamlet was like during the period the New Testament says Jesus lived there as a boy.

The dwelling and older discoveries of nearby tombs in burial caves suggest that Nazareth was an out-of-the-way hamlet of around 50 houses on a patch of about four acres (1.6 hectares).

arrow3.gifRead more...

Not sure where this belonged, Hope I have it in the right forum, If not my appologies,

capt.photo_1261399519403-2-0.jpg?x=213&y=306&xc=1&yc=1&wc=285&hc=409&q=85&sig=xQdUguMNJPA3yTxgB9uqdA--

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LucidElement

• thefinalfrontier

• jbondo

• innerverse

I swear, every year before xmas they find something "that had to do with Jesus" either where he lived, or a tomb, or a rock, or a type of bird he may have seen flying around his day... just always something right before Christmas, they "happened" to stumble upon. lol.

Maybe because this is the time of year when people that don't typically give Him the time of day are actually showing some interest. Not to say that's the case here.

JMO.

I swear, every year before xmas they find something "that had to do with Jesus" either where he lived, or a tomb, or a rock, or a type of bird he may have seen flying around his day... just always something right before Christmas, they "happened" to stumble upon. lol.

They probably discover them earlier but they announce it during this period...

Apparently, Jesus has a PR group! ^_^

They probably discover them earlier but they announce it during this period...

Yeah, and it's kind of similar to 'discoveries' made around April 1...

I'm sure if we dig deep enough there is not one place of this planet that wasn't occupied at one time or another.. does that mean JC was there too? Oups I forgot, he wasn't omnipresent and omnipotent at the time.. Had he been omnipotent and omnipresent at the time, could he, having seen the future, kept his mouth shut seeing how humans would behave in his name? Just my 2 cents.