Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue great dane

Still Waters

Standing at nearly 43 inches tall from paw to shoulder and weighing a staggering 245lbs could this be the world's new tallest dog?

Pictured here in the parks of Tuscon, Arizona, George, a four-year-old blue great dane, looks more like a miniature horse than a dog.

The gentle giant, who measures 7ft 3ins from nose to tail, could be a prime contender to take the title from the former record holder, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane who passed away from cancer last August.

Now George's owners, David and Christine Nasser, are awaiting confirmation from Guinness World Records to see if he has achieved the lofty heights.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Here's a video of George.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/weirdnewsvideo/7294400/Meet-Giant-George-the-worlds-tallest-dog.html

Edited by Still Waters
Video link added

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admiral Danger

• jesspy

• conspiracybeliever

• brlesq1

:o WOW, I can only imagine the monthly cost to keep that beast fed.

:o WOW, I can only imagine the monthly cost to keep that beast fed.

the difficult part would be trying to stop it from eating you.

Oh, man...I miss my Dane so much. She wasn't nearly as big as this guy--from the top of her head to her feet she was four feet tall. They're wonderful, the world's biggest lapdogs (as you can see from the picture). And don't worry--they won't eat you. They'll eat the guy breaking into your house. ;)

Wow i thought that was photo shopped but wow. that dog is huge. And its doggy doodoos would be huge to.

I wub Great Danes and would have one if they didn't leave such enormous steaming piles in the backyard.

I have a friend that's always kept two great danes, none as huge as this dude obviously. She's had some with weak builds who died very young, and others with good builds that lived into their double-digits. I have to say... George is well muscled and beautifully proportioned, he looks more healthy than a lot of normal sized Danes I've known! He's lovely! Danes are such big sweet lugs.

Dang! That dog could bite the man's head off! I hope they have that beast potty trained!

I think the photos have been edited to make the perspective look like the size difference between the owner and dog is greater, the first one looks very artificial to me.

I also noticed the owner seems to have a pee stain on the inside of his left pant leg.

That dog cold clean my face with 1 straight lick of his tongue.:unsure2:

and in return you'd sniff it's butt :yes::no::unsure2::rolleyes:

haha i have 2 of em, they are too big

All he needs now is a saddle.

omg do you know how often i get that walking down the road

That dog cold clean my face with 1 straight lick of his tongue.:unsure2:

He could do the whole body in one lick

I think the photos have been edited to make the perspective look like the size difference between the owner and dog is greater, the first one looks very artificial to me.

I also noticed the owner seems to have a pee stain on the inside of his left pant leg.

lol yeah i thought the first one was a bit over done too. And I just noticed the stain now you mentioned it lol. I guess it wasnt the dog that peed on him cause the guy would have drowned

• 1 month later...
An Arizona canine is now the world's Top Dog.

Giant George -- all 43 inches (1.09 meters) tall and 245 pounds (111 kg) of him -- was named the world's Tallest Living Dog and Tallest Dog Ever by Guinness World Records on Monday.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

That's a hell of a pooch :blink: Sounds like he's got a loving family though :)