Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Al-Qaueda' Threat to US Airlines

Guest Lottie

Guest Lottie

A statement purportedly from al-Qaeda militants in Saudi Arabia has warned of new attacks on US and Western airlines and other transport facilities.

"All compounds, bases and means of transport, especially Western and American airlines, will be a direct target," it said.

Posted on an pro-al-Qaeda website, it asks Muslims to keep away from Westerners and such locations.

The statement's authenticity could not be immediately verified.

Hostage siege

But it was signed "al-Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula".

Attacks on a residential compound in Khobar at the end of May brought to the fore the major domestic problem Saudi Arabia faces with Islamist militants

Twenty-two civilians were killed - including an American, a Briton and an Italian - during the attack which saw Saudi commandos storm the compound.

The latest warning also comes as Saudi security forces hunt gunmen who attacked a BBC news team in a drive-by shooting in Riyadh on Sunday.

The specific threat to airlines will alarm an industry that has put a renewed emphasis on counter-terrorism security since the 11 September suicide hijackings in the US.

'All guns blazing'

Another bloody attack in Saudi Arabia would mean another massive blow to international confidence in the oil-rich Gulf kingdom.

Thousands of foreigners from Asia and the west work in the Saudi oil industry.

But Prince Turki al-Faisal, Saudi ambassador to Britain, on Monday defended the way his country was dealing with the threat from al-Qaeda, in an interview with the BBC.

Saudi Arabia was taking the threat from al-Qaeda seriously, but some of the country's operations against the group had been successful, and "some not so successful".

But he said Saudi Arabia was not going to "go in all guns blazing" and arrest thousands of people.

"That is precisely what the terrorists want us to do - to antagonise the population," he said.

"There is a more methodical way of doing things - police work, investigations, co-operating with other agencies and other countries," he added.

Source: BBC News

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• Talon

• bathory

• Naveed

Top Posters In This Topic

Scary. I hope their just making threats to scare us, as opposed to actually going to carry them out... however these people are fanatics and bet something happen soon. This may sound cruel, but at least they haven't mentioned attacking cities.

Edited by Talon S.

is it me, or is this having less and less to do with just the US and more like a grand declaration of war on western society and non-muslims?

I think you're right. Muslim extremists seem to be popping up more and more, and not just against the U.S.

Naveed and Bathory, It seems your correct. After watching the situation, reading countless documents, watching thousands of video clips and eaching a mountain of twinkies. It seems that the radical faction is declaring a holy war on anyone who is not within their very narrow idological ideal of islam. this includes, but is not limited to, Americans, any country that is, or has, helped an American. Any counrty, person, animal, vegetable or mineral who has ever looked upon an american.

In other words..... Anyone who does not believe as they do. Short and simple.

I am wondering why this.....

Posted on an pro-al-Qaeda website, it asks Muslims to keep away from Westerners and such locations.

With all the great hackers, phrackers, phreakers and tweakers..... none of these

Pro Al Qaeda websites ever seem to get shut down or hacked.

Just wondering.

SC

and how do you know they don't get shutdown? did you hear about the ipgn Tribes server getting DOSed and temporarily going down a few years ago? no? because unless its a major internet sight, a hacker attempt isn't going to make news.

is it me, or is this having less and less to do with just the US and more like a grand declaration of war on western society and non-muslims?

Indeed, I think our support of Afganistan, and non-US troops in Iraq could be a factor. Attacks in Europe seem far more likely, Madrid could just be the beginning.

Scary. I hope their just making threats to scare us, as opposed to actually going to carry them out... however these people are fanatics and bet something happen soon. This may sound cruel, but at least they haven't mentioned attacking cities.

It goes back to our discussion of 'Truth Serum'. The Terrorists seek to control by 'fear' because they know that fear is the great mind killer. They will threaten us to create fear...they will kill us, bomb us, do whatever they can do ...to spread fear. They know they cannot overcome Western Society by pure force...but fear does indeed work...one needs only look to Spain to see the results of fear.

Indeed, I think our support of Afganistan, and non-US troops in Iraq could be a factor. Attacks in Europe seem far more likely, Madrid could just be the beginning.

I refuse to accept responsiblity for someone elses hate! Their hate is their hate and it has nothing to do with anything America or Europe has done~

Guest Lottie

I agree with Talon, I feel it will be Europe thats hit next, Madrid is just the beginning. I wonder sometimes if these terrorists are deliberately making out they are going to attack America again so that the rest of the world's focus is on that country and not their own. Hence Europe then letting their guard down and Bam...god forbid.

Makes you wonder if they'd try another 9/11 knowing what the west's reaction would be?

Worse still, I wonder if they would ever use nukes if they had them? Personally I'm pretty sure if a western city was hit by an Islamic fundamentalist with a necular weapon the Western powers would turn the middle east into ash to prevent further such attacks. I could be wrong. I just think these guys don't seem to learn.

Guest Lottie

I think that the focus was always on western society anyway. I feel that the 9/11 attack was made because America is the most powerful and influential country in the world. Like that or not, we are all linked. They could not of made a bigger decleration of war on western societies than this.

Worse still, I wonder if they would ever use nukes if they had them? Personally I'm pretty sure if a western city was hit by an Islamic fundamentalist with a necular weapon the Western powers would turn the middle east into ash to prevent further such attacks. I could be wrong. I just think these guys don't seem to learn.

You are wrong. And this is why it is so important to make sure that they don't get their hands on nukes. If a country nuked us we would annihilate them...but if you don't know where it came from who can you nuke?

You are wrong. And this is why it is so important to make sure that they don't get their hands on nukes. If a country nuked us we would annihilate them...but if you don't know where it came from who can you nuke?

Going by your past rational joc, you would nuke them all. whistling2.gif

(Sorry, could'nt resist). wink2.gif

No offense, but from the Middle Eastern campaign, I don't think the US is to worried about where they are comming from as opposed to wiping out traditional enemies.

Anyway, I still think they'd lauch a full scale bombing on any non-allied Islamic states to take out the threat were every it is.

Going by your past rational joc, you would nuke them all.

Just because I think a good nuclear war would solve so many of the worlds problems: over-population, hunger, war....doesn't make it US policy. tongue.gif

Guest Lottie

I am all for wiping out the cretins, i.e terrorists who pose a threat to the rest of the world with whatever means neccesary. However I find that rather frightening that you should think that a nuclear war is the only way. A nuclear war will only increase poverty, illness and hunger and destroy peoples lives. Not only the terrorists but civilians all over the world. That can't be right.

Edited by Lottie

I am all for wiping out the cretins, i.e terrorists who pose a threat to the rest of the world with whatever means neccesary. However I find that rather frightening that you should think that a nuclear war is the only way. A nuclear war will only increase poverty, illness and hunger and destroy peoples lives. Not only the terrorists but civilians all over the world. That can't be right.

I was only being facetious Lottie tongue.gif

I sensed this as a bigger war 'after 911'. And I thought that the Islamic fundamentalists meant to take over the world and anybody who wasn't like them. I see 911 as their big statement... hitting the super power saying, "Hey , we're comin', we're strong enough to hit you and now we're rollin' ". I think this is a big war and I think it will get bigger, til it grows into a world war.

Really, I think it is a world war now, brewing beneath the surface; that's why I am behind U.S. policy and the Bush administration. We will fight on all fronts, I believe, and when one is down we will turn to another. This is my feeling, my hunch and, yes, I would like to wipe them out original.gif make them extinct... any sane person would.

Edited by Babs