Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bonkers' police drop the word Christmas

chemical-licker

'Bonkers' police drop the word Christmas from poster to avoid upsetting other faiths

British Transport Police have dropped the word ‘Christmas’ from a national publicity poster to avoid upsetting people who do not ‘buy into’ the festival.

The word was proposed as part of a slogan on the poster, which is designed to alert people to the extra number of transport police on duty over the festive period.

The slogan – devised by an advertising company commissioned by

the Transport Police – read ‘Christmas presence’, a pun on the word ‘presents’.

But in a move branded ‘bonkers’ by Christian leaders, the police’s marketing department decided the word Christmas could anger non-believers or people from other faiths who disliked its Christian connotations.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1238587/Bonkers-police-drop-word-Christmas-poster-avoid-upsetting-faiths.html#ixzz0atBgx4PB

<_< so I cant say C******** anymore.

the future of typing and speaking

****** **** **** ***** ** **** ****** ********** ** ** ****** **** ***** ***** ***:unsure2: i may have offended the * though:unsure2:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• ExpandMyMind

• chemical-licker

• Corp

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Iran celebrates Christmas - though in several locations only, populated by the Christians mainly. It is a local day off. Means the police is more strict than Sharia laws.

this is mental. christmas is a christian holiday. jesus

although when you think about it, the commercialized christmas we now 'celebrate' has lost all of it's original meaning. i mean, if these people were true followers of christianity then they would be spreading their wealth to people who actually need it instead of buying countless, pointless presents for friends and family. presents that are often left unused, or are quickly disgarded.

so when i think about it, it's really about time that someone cut the connection to the birth of jesus because it makes the whole scene terribly hypocritical. the two just don't really go together.

Edited by expandmymind

this is mental. christmas is a christian holiday. jesus

although when you think about it, the commercialized christmas we now 'celebrate' has lost all of it's original meaning. i mean, if these people were true followers of christianity then they would be spreading their wealth to people who actually need it instead of buying countless, pointless presents for friends and family. presents that are often left unused very soon.

so when i think about it, it's really about time that someone cut the connection to the birth of jesus because it makes the whole scene terribly hypocritical. the two just don't really go together.

But Christmas is an "artificial" holiday, not really a religious one. Main Christian celebration is Easter, it is like a start of a new Christian year, and Christmas is not a traditional holiday, but added much later to count the old pagan celebrations of the Winter Solstice. We know it for only a couple of hundred years.

Meanwhile neither Jews nor Muslims have anything against Christmas or Jesus, as they consider Jesus a prophet, so why would a prophet's birthday cause their protest?

But Christmas is an "artificial" holiday, not really a religious one. Main Christian celebration is Easter, it is like a start of a new Christian year, and Christmas is not a traditional holiday, but added much later to count the old pagan celebrations of the Winter Solstice. We know it for only a couple of hundred years.

Meanwhile neither Jews nor Muslims have anything against Christmas or Jesus, as they consider Jesus a prophet, so why would a prophet's birthday cause their protest?

But Christmas is an "artificial" holiday, not really a religious one

yeah that was my point.

and i agree with what you say about jesus being a part of other religions - it seems silly that one would assume they might take offense.

But Christmas is an "artificial" holiday, not really a religious one

yeah that was my point.

and i agree with what you say about jesus being a part of other religions - it seems silly that one would assume they might take offense.

The cops are simply missing the ability to follow the ideas to their logical completion - the very appearance of an English-speaking whitie dressed in a police uniform may seriously insult the representatives of the other races and cultures, so at the crux of their approach they must all resign and leave the streets to whoever can control them.

I hope this would mean all other religious festival names are dropped from posters also. To avoid upsetting other faiths also.

Yet, I doubt that would happen. If not though, you can sue the police for discrimination and religious intolerance. Think of all the money you could get from that. :D .

The cops are simply missing the ability to follow the ideas to their logical completion - the very appearance of an English-speaking whitie dressed in a police uniform may seriously insult the representatives of the other races and cultures, so at the crux of their approach they must all resign and leave the streets to whoever can control them.

LOL i can see us heading down a road not too far from that. the PC-ness is insane.

LOL i can see us heading down a road not too far from that. the PC-ness is insane.

I strongly recommend to pass the police duties onto Indians - at least you can bribe them!

I strongly recommend to pass the police duties onto Indians - at least you can bribe them!

LOL not sure if it's right of me to laugh at that :D

LOL not sure if it's right of me to laugh at that :D

Never mind, it was a joke anyway. There is absolutely no need to import the Indians when you have there plenty of Gypsies available.

The "funny" thing most people of other faiths could care less.

And if everybody would just mind their own business, go about celebrating their own holidays, as long as they don't hurt anyone else, there wouldn't be any problem. Stores have a right to sell what makes them the most money during any season. Sorry, all you vegetarians out there, but on the 4th of July people are going to be putting meat on the grill. If you have a problem with it, suck it up and deal ith it!!!