Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] Server hanging issue

Saru

We're experiencing an intermittent fault on one of the servers resulting in occassional short periods of downtime, if you are trying to access the site and find that it won't load give it 10-15 minutes and try it again.

Apologies for the inconvenience, i'll be working to track down the problem as soon as possible.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• behaviour???

• Paraweird

• ShadowSot

I did notice something yesterday and tonight. I was able to go to other sites with no problems.

Seems to be better now.

Investigation in to this issue is still ongoing - just to keep everyone up to date the problem is still happening however I do know now what's causing it and am currently exploring options for a fix. It is proving to be one of the more persistant and awkward server issues i've come across.

Apologies for the inconvenience these disruptions are causing.

Thanks for the heads up Saru. FYI when we are in the chat room and it happens, we are still allowed to remain in chat, it does not boot us or nothing like that.

Yeah its only the web serving part of the system that's going down so the chat room will stay up.

Extremely slow this evening, Hope it works out for you soon Saru,

Was today's a periodical maintenance closure or do we have some updates?

Thanks

B???

The maintenance was unrelated to this issue, it was to update some of our server software for security/bug fix reasons.

I've got two seperate support departments working on the hanging problem and a solution has yet to present itself, it really is a devil of a thing to fix.

Seems to be happening a lot more often now. Not that this comment helps in any way!

Hope you manage to sort it soon. Is extremely frustrating. Good luck!

I'm a member of a couple of forums that use the same board as UM, and have been having the same issues with them as well.

I don't think its the board, it seems more like a application that puts alot of stress on the database and the database shuts down then it restarts itself.

The problem isn't related to Invision board, its to do with a server level application.

The good news at this point is that I implemented a possible fix for this problem two days ago and the server hasn't crashed again since then so its looking a lot like the issue has finally been resolved.

The problem isn't related to Invision board, its to do with a server level application.

The good news at this point is that I implemented a possible fix for this problem two days ago and the server hasn't crashed again since then so its looking a lot like the issue has finally been resolved.

Splendid............

Thanks

B???