Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow People and Nightmares

Tom B

I've only posted a few times here regarding my experiences with shadow people, but I have to post again concerning last night and a question that i would like to ask the board.

I've lived with a shadow person here for many years but recently he hasn't really been active or at least he's out of sight. He decided to show up this morning around 6:00 am (its winter time so its still very dark) and he made his presence known by his touching of my head that went to my back, almost like he just laid his hand on me and rubbed down in a straight line. I must say the sensation was like no other in this world.. it tingles, feels watery electric and feels like you are being drained in that spot. While he was doing this I was trying to get my arm over my girlfriend to wake her up. I did manage, but was already over with and all I could say was he was in the room. She quickly fell back asleep.

As I lay there recovering from that touch all I could do was keep my eyes shut and try to get back to sleep, there's really not much you can do when one is in the room unless your brave enough to confront it.

Now here is my main reason for posting this. Every time I encounter this being, which is almost like a "black hole" color black, no hat or red eyes, just very tall, pure black (like nothing you would ever see in real life). He is dressed in a oversized robe it seems (though you cant make out any details, just the overall shape). But back to my question, when he is in the room and I do fall back asleep I have dreams.. not just bad dreams, but dreams that are so horrific and upsetting you have to question yourself in the morning to how your brain could think of these things.

It seems to know my worst fear and that is seeing others in pain or torment, when I am dreaming it will show me people suffering all around me in normal everyday world, or like last night it was cats and turtles that were in danger and a lady who's face melted while sitting watching tv. I remember when I was at the farm last night in the dream with the animals that were in mortal danger I looked at another section of land and there he was standing there about 40 yards away from me in broad daylight on the grass just standing there observing me. I couldn't or didn't know how to confront him so I looked back to what I was seeing and tried to help the little cats and turtles. I should note that last night was the only time I have ever seen him in my dreams, he's always absent.

Last night was just one example of what happens when he is in my room he usually touches me and makes me feel like a ball of jelly and then I dream and ofc he picks that one fear.. of others being in mortal harm and myself pretty much powerless to help them, usually or at least a few years ago these people would be in danger from beasts and creatures that seem to come from hell itself, creatures that for myself, could never in a million years think up appearance wise, so oddly shaped and colored. And the way they would attack people.. just mind blowing..

and ofc everytime I wake up from these dreams it feels like I've run a million miles and have to stay in bed to recover.

Now as I stated, these dreams only, and I really mean only happen when he is in the room. I will have the dreams and wake up to notice him or I will encounter him and then go to sleep and the dreams begin. When he's gone my nighttime activities return to normal and life goes on.

I have heard others have weird dreams when they are around but is it this extreme.. almost like hell on earth? Or does it pick your worst fear and play with it, so each persons encounters are different?

I should note that I'm not the only one who has seen him in our house, he has touched my girlfriend too and the girls have seen him on the stairs a few times.

Thanks for reading this and I do look forward to reading your replies..

-Tom

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom B

• GlassButterfly

• j b

• leotie_indigo

Is there anything in particular you are stressed about right now? Think hard. Is there anything you're currently dreading at all, anything you need to do, anything important that may be worrying you even a little bit? What you've described here really sounds to me like a psychological manifestation of your stress and worries, not an actual entity.

Man these things are crazy.Im personaly not sure where i stand on beliving their existance ( not questioning the credability of your story ) but people always seem to see them just when they wake which leads you to think well maybe its just their eyes playing tricks on em. Within a period of maybe 2 months i had seen what you could call "shadow person" in my dreams always came right at the end of a dream, not even a nightmare just a normal bog standard dream. I would always at the end of the dream suddenly feel a presance and fill with fear for like 10 seconds and out of no where this crazy black shadow (kinda like a scream suit without the crazy mask)would rush in and just befor he touches me, id wake up. A couple of times i thort i seen the same person in my room, but this is just when i wake up in a pitch black room and would just make the shape out. So tbh i put it down to not being anything.

This is the first time i'v heard of them touching though.. Creeps me out a bit, does it ever touch anyone else in your family? :unsure:

Has anyone ever noticed any scratches that seem to just appear? I had one on my lower stomach once when I stayed at a friends house. It wasnt until a while later that I realized that may have been paranormal. ...yes I believe shadow people can touch and push etc...

Yes they can touch and as I tried to put to words, the touch is unforgettable. So many weird feelings all in once single touch.

Lets see:

He poked the back of my feet in bed when I am laying there. Soft little pricks to my heel.. just to let you know he is there

He has pushed down on my head (girlfriends too) while in bed, pushed down my chest.

Sat down on the bed next to me, you can actually feel the mattress sink down where he is sitting.

He has opened my door while we both are watching

He has opened my daughters sliding door closet while she was in the room.

My girlfriend claims that he was trying to choke her or at least hold her neck for a brief period of time.

But tbh, the most activity was for the first two years that I moved here.. Almost like he was offended that she has new company in the house. After that its been quiet except for a glimpse here or there. The knockings and noises also left. I havent had those types of dreams since 2006, so you can imagine my fears that I had one last night while he was there. Makes me wonder what happened, or why all of a sudden hes back.

and to Ebony, besides the holiday stress our lives have been pretty much stable. We have not been too affected by the financial crisis, our lives have been mostly smooth..

though we do have two female teenagers.. thats stress enough I suppose... :P

Edited by Tom B

Shadow People may be coalesced emotions, either residuals that have collected in a place over time, imprinted into the psychic space, or projections from the living.So if your emotions due to some reasons horrific....then it could result in such dreams? Otherwise too because the strange touch of this man might give you a little strange feeling

Thanks

B???

Shadow People may be coalesced emotions, either residuals that have collected in a place over time, imprinted into the psychic space, or projections from the living.So if your emotions due to some reasons horrific....then it could result in such dreams? Otherwise too because the strange touch of this man might give you a little strange feeling

Thanks

B???

This would tie with alot of theorys, im sure i read that it was the pagans who belived that if you seen them it meant something bad was coming. So if it was your emotions building up you are gona be a bit on edge making it more probabal your gona flip out and something bad will happen.

When your body/brain is exhausted one the first ways it could express this is tingling and pricking sensations. This seems to be what you felt.

Heavy dreams make your mind uncomfortable and after a while you start linking the "touching" sensations to fear, thus you dream about fearful horrific situations.

The fact that you see a shadow can easily be a trick of the light and your mind trying to perceive this. Especially since your brain is in an overdrive state of adrenaline and exhaustion at the same time.

And also paresthesia can be linked to this.

Ppl always love to find any other explanation if the most obvious lies within themselves.

Try exercising, eating healthy and sleeping on regular basis for a week and see where that takes you.

Even try a new regime of going to bed at 11pm and getting up at 7am, if possible. Even if you didn't get any sleep, or if you still feel tired. Your body will learn to adapt to this and in time you'll sleep better.

Also, avoid candy after 6pm.

Yes ofc a shadow can be a trick of light but there is a difference between a two dimensional dark spot on your wall and a six foot black mass that is three dimensional and is walking towards you or standing next to you while your in bed.

Nothing happened last night, though my girlfriend was restless in bed this morning though she cannot remember any dreams, so I would say just a bad night for her and thats it.

Though today we went food shopping and when we came home our girls and their friends where in the living room and told us when we arrived back that there was something upstairs walking though no one was upstairs at the time.

Edited by Tom B

Though today we went food shopping and when we came home our girls and their friends where in the living room and told us when we arrived back that there was something upstairs walking though no one was upstairs at the time.

Im still unsure whether you dealing with good or bad energy. Has anyone been pushed, i.e. while trying to walk down stairs or do you have any feelings that your not wanted in your own home? If your gut instinct tells you that its ok then it probably is. Have you done any remodeling to your house recently? Have you tried looking up the history of the previous owners? There are many things I think, that will cause unexplained activity.

"While you are awake, do you suffer? Or does this happen when you go to sleep? "

90% of the time I am awake, but trust me the feeling goes through enough to wake you if you are asleep.

Im still unsure whether you dealing with good or bad energy. Has anyone been pushed, i.e. while trying to walk down stairs or do you have any feelings that your not wanted in your own home? If your gut instinct tells you that its ok then it probably is. Have you done any remodeling to your house recently? Have you tried looking up the history of the previous owners? There are many things I think, that will cause unexplained activity.

In my experience I would classify him as a bad energy.. The house has not been remolded, infact the only change here was that I moved in to the family 4 years ago..hence when alot of activity happened.. meaning I think he wasn't happy that I came along.

No ones been pushed but he has the habit of (while unseen) when a person starts to walk up the spiral staircase he will be atop and work his way down.. You would hear him walking with heavy footsteps to meet you, meaning you picked up your pace to get to the middle floor and close the door before he meets you at that point (this has only happened at night time though).

In my experience I would classify him as a bad energy.. The house has not been remolded, infact the only change here was that I moved in to the family 4 years ago..hence when alot of activity happened.. meaning I think he wasn't happy that I came along.

So you moved into this family... perhaps its a deceased relative of that family. ...A grumpy grandpa trying to watch over his family. I mean, who knows... or you could have easily brung the spirit with you from elsewhere. I would try to research a bit and see if you can link any of these things together.

Edited by jbhinc

Shadow people are real. 5 years ago I saw one in plain daylight at 9 am of the morning, I was very well awake. Its funny when people try to bring "logical explanations" to this phenomenom. Shadow people are very real, I know many people (friends and family) who have seen them too, and I saw one myself.

"My girlfriend claims that he was trying to choke her or at least hold her neck for a brief period of time."

The same thing happened to my ex girlfriend´s sister and to another female friend of mine. It seems they tend to do this (choke people by holding their neck) mostly only to women.

I have a female cousin who also saw one shadow people with red eyes, although the one I saw didnt have any red eyes nor any hat, it was like a person, it moved and all, but all black. I was like 6 or 7 meters away from him (it was plain daylight), and then when I started walking towards him (to have a better look) he moved away quickly, he "walked" into one of the rooms in my apartment and I followed him and searched every spot of the room and there was nobody, it seems he just dissapeared when he entered the room.

I got more real stories about shadow people but ill stop here for now.

Edited by Banser

You may need to consult an exorcist for yourself or the house or both.

You may need to consult an exorcist for yourself or the house or both.

Yes, if it continues again like it was before then we'll have to do something. Back in 2006 we went to the local church and talked to a priest about it, but to be honest he was more surprised that these kind of things can happen then offer any real help. Though I was very gracious that he gave us a foot long crucifix made out of wood, he blessed it and gave it to us. I was really touched that he did this, I am not as religious as some but it felt like this would help or at least comfort me when I needed it the most. To this day it hangs above our bed. I admit that I've always enjoyed ghost stories, ghost "hunting" with friends from the states and I've had my share of encounters in my own house back in the states when I was single, but those were just normal ghost encounters that was more thrilling and interesting. But this, its a whole new ballgame for us, and I have to be honest, I haven't told everything he has done.. lets just say its kinda personal and those things have to be kept in confident.

From the four years that I've been here, he is most active at the holidays.

I can also say one thing but I don't want it to be a major point, because I know that if I say this it will be analyzed to death. Back in 1999 my father was found outside in his bare robe dead, mostly buried in the snow. The neighbor just saw a brief part of his red robe surfacing the ground when she was walking her dog in the morning. That was January 2nd. So yes, there is a common ground to the dates, the shadow person is always most active surrounding my fathers death. He died in Chicago, I was in ohio when he passed and then moved to Portland Oregon when I started noticing the ghosts and became interested in "hunting" with a group of people. I should mention that I am at peace with his passing and I know he is in a better place, I don't want people to start saying that I am projecting this from my inner self or something. As i said, others in the house have seen and come into contact with him and its not some mind game from my grieving process.

Now, a weird part of this too, I should mention is when he passed I moved to Portland to be with my sister, a few days after I arrived I had a dream. The dream was I was in my fathers house and he walked in the door. He went upstairs into the living room and was looking for something, he couldn't find it so he went into the kitchen and continued to look for this item, he passed my sister (who was also in the dream) and kept looking. All he said was he had to find it. While he was looking a black figure came out of the front door and stood at the landing waiting, not saying a word but just waited. After a brief bit my dad walked down the stairs to the figure and they both left.

I woke up in the morning and grabbed some coffee and had breakfast with my sister. I said to her that she wouldn't believe the dream I had, i started to go into detail and as soon as I did her eyes lit up. She then confessed she had the exact same dream that night as well.

When I was in Portland I eventually bought my sisters house and she moved out to a bigger house for her growing family. While my stay there I only saw one shadow person and he just moved from my room, into the hallway and into the bathroom and that was it. For the 5ish years of being there, that was the only time I really saw a black figure.

Did he follow me? I don't know. I really don't think so.

I am very happy that I am receiving positive responses from people here and am thankful for your time, I will continue to keep you updated if anything happens the next few days.

-Tom

Edited by Tom B

I haven't told everything he has done.. lets just say its kinda personal and those things have to be kept in confident.

We would be interested to read about it.

The dream was really something... along with your father passing. Who was at that door do you think? When you described your dream, if you didnt mention a figure at the door... then I wouldnt have thought of it as much... but the figure... whats that mean... dang thats kinda spooky!

To Tom: This is by far no damn 'person' u r dealing with a demon. Ive had my own experiences with THEM and let me tell u im glad theyre gone. wat u need to do is find some sort of protection type thing that fits your beliefs. This does require a little reading, but hell when it was happening to me all i could think about was learning about them and escaping them. of course this knowledge has turned me into a completely different person, i guess it was worth it. So read up, and be ready. You're gonna want to get rid of this anyway u can. Find out wat it wants, wat it clings to in order to screw with your head, and run it the hell out of yourlife.

quote name='Tom B' date='29 December 2009 - 05:53 AM' timestamp='1262098438' post='3222216']

I've only posted a few times here regarding my experiences with shadow people, but I have to post again concerning last night and a question that i would like to ask the board.

I've lived with a shadow person here for many years but recently he hasn't really been active or at least he's out of sight. He decided to show up this morning around 6:00 am (its winter time so its still very dark) and he made his presence known by his touching of my head that went to my back, almost like he just laid his hand on me and rubbed down in a straight line. I must say the sensation was like no other in this world.. it tingles, feels watery electric and feels like you are being drained in that spot. While he was doing this I was trying to get my arm over my girlfriend to wake her up. I did manage, but was already over with and all I could say was he was in the room. She quickly fell back asleep.

As I lay there recovering from that touch all I could do was keep my eyes shut and try to get back to sleep, there's really not much you can do when one is in the room unless your brave enough to confront it.

Now here is my main reason for posting this. Every time I encounter this being, which is almost like a "black hole" color black, no hat or red eyes, just very tall, pure black (like nothing you would ever see in real life). He is dressed in a oversized robe it seems (though you cant make out any details, just the overall shape). But back to my question, when he is in the room and I do fall back asleep I have dreams.. not just bad dreams, but dreams that are so horrific and upsetting you have to question yourself in the morning to how your brain could think of these things.

It seems to know my worst fear and that is seeing others in pain or torment, when I am dreaming it will show me people suffering all around me in normal everyday world, or like last night it was cats and turtles that were in danger and a lady who's face melted while sitting watching tv. I remember when I was at the farm last night in the dream with the animals that were in mortal danger I looked at another section of land and there he was standing there about 40 yards away from me in broad daylight on the grass just standing there observing me. I couldn't or didn't know how to confront him so I looked back to what I was seeing and tried to help the little cats and turtles. I should note that last night was the only time I have ever seen him in my dreams, he's always absent.

Last night was just one example of what happens when he is in my room he usually touches me and makes me feel like a ball of jelly and then I dream and ofc he picks that one fear.. of others being in mortal harm and myself pretty much powerless to help them, usually or at least a few years ago these people would be in danger from beasts and creatures that seem to come from hell itself, creatures that for myself, could never in a million years think up appearance wise, so oddly shaped and colored. And the way they would attack people.. just mind blowing..

and ofc everytime I wake up from these dreams it feels like I've run a million miles and have to stay in bed to recover.

Now as I stated, these dreams only, and I really mean only happen when he is in the room. I will have the dreams and wake up to notice him or I will encounter him and then go to sleep and the dreams begin. When he's gone my nighttime activities return to normal and life goes on.

I have heard others have weird dreams when they are around but is it this extreme.. almost like hell on earth? Or does it pick your worst fear and play with it, so each persons encounters are different?

I should note that I'm not the only one who has seen him in our house, he has touched my girlfriend too and the girls have seen him on the stairs a few times.

Thanks for reading this and I do look forward to reading your replies..

-Tom

Edited by Cresent_Star

Never had a relationship betwen the two, as one causing another, but that is just me and I'd hate to generalize about others as a whole.

"While you are awake, do you suffer? Or does this happen when you go to sleep? "

90% of the time I am awake, but trust me the feeling goes through enough to wake you if you are asleep.

No ones been pushed but he has the habit of (while unseen) when a person starts to walk up the spiral staircase he will be atop and work his way down.. You would hear him walking with heavy footsteps to meet you, meaning you picked up your pace to get to the middle floor and close the door before he meets you at that point (this has only happened at night time though).

Then this is a powerful feeling? Do you feel any horrific manifestations while you are awake or does this happen only when you are dreaming?

Well it looks like that one night was an isolated experience. Usually when he's around and causing trouble then it lasts at least a few days, but the night I had the dreams was it.

Curious why he came after all this time stayed a night and then left us alone, not that I am complaining mind you.

Maybe he was just saying Merry Chirstmas. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tom honestly it sounds like your having night terror or maybe some other sleep disorder maybe also maybe some form of sleep paralysis (one of the many scientific options for explaining "shadow men" encounters). go to a doctor explain your having very vivid nightmares and waking dreams etc during the night, they'll book you into a sleep clinic you'll stay there maybe a night or 2 hopefully you'll get diagnosed with something.

Edited by Spend

• 1 month later...
:rolleyes: Oh man, you have to love skeptic scholers, and especially the ones that use psychoanalitic ways to explain away things that are just creepy. Anyways, I believe that these things like to scare us in our dreams for a reason we will not know until there is clear communication between a human and a shadow peron.