Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Crazy' family sets out to climb Snowdon with

Still Waters

As the snow fell and the temperature around them dipped below freezing they ignored the repeated warnings and began climbing.

Trudging through several inches of snow, the couple struggled on as the blizzard-like conditions hit Snowdonia, North Wales, with a vengeance.

But what made their attempt even more unthinkable was the fact that they chose to take their young daughter with them.

She cannot have been any more than two years old. Yet she sat in a harness on her father's back with only a plastic cover protecting her face from the arctic conditions that surrounded them.

One walker said: 'I couldn't believe they had even contemplate going out in those conditions. It was like a blizzard up there with 30-35mph winds and poor visibility.

'The chances of falling over and crushing the child or falling down a ledge is ten times more likely in these conditions. It was nothing short of crazy.'

arrow3.gifRead more...

Mount Snowdon is a beautiful place, I walked up it one summer and there was snow on the top even at that time of year.

Attempting to climb up it in bad weather like they did is dangerous even without a youngster in tow, they should have waited for a more suitable day I think.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admiral Danger

• Still Waters

• Queen in the North

• chemical-licker

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

snowdon. excellent choice :tu:

I thought you would like this one :D

I went up Snowdon... *mumbles something nondescript about mountain railways being a godsend*

:P

Although I was with jerks who decided to throw stones off the top in thick fog... *eyeroll*

But I honestly think that family shouldn't have gone on that day. It's not like you get a second chance, should something go wrong up there.

I went up Snowdon... *mumbles something nondescript about mountain railways being a godsend*

:P

Although I was with jerks who decided to throw stones off the top in thick fog... *eyeroll*

But I honestly think that family shouldn't have gone on that day. It's not like you get a second chance, should something go wrong up there.

:lol: You cheated!

I prefer the term 'had assistance'. :yes:

if you went up to the new cafe at the top of snowdon, you'd need even more 'assistance' :yes: (welsh dictionary)

went up a boy c.a..m..e.. bb.aa..c.k a :unsure2: a boy?:huh:

proof that it makes people younger :yes: