Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eerie outpost unnerves US Marines

behaviour???

The Marines found the bone as they scraped a shallow trench. Long, dry and unmistakably once part of a human leg, it was followed by others. They reburied most of them but also found bodies. Three of the graves were close together; in another was a skeleton still wearing a pair of glasses.The Marines covered the grave and told their successors to stay away from it.

Observation Point Rock sits a few hundred metres south east of Patrol Base Hassan Abad, where a company from 2/8 Marines has been stationed for the past seven months.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiddglock

• Fearless1994

• EllJay

• Jim50BMG

Nice post.

Got to hand it to those Marines posted to Observation Point Rock.

They have to deal with the exposure to Taliban Mortar Strikes, plus the sounds and whispers they hear from the ghosts of the dead Soviets from the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.

Just puts the intensity of their Tour up a notch.

It would suck if they had to face a Platoon of Soviet ghosts, don't think their M4's could do much.

Call in the Ghostbusters. :P

Yosh!

Sounds like a place that has been a battle ground for a long time. I would call in a war Goddess for help with that. Maybe they could get the ghosts to help them out. Ghost don't scare me, bullets ya.

The thousand yard stare. :o

Oh man, this made me think of that movie - The Objective > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0962711/

Plot: A group of Special Ops Reservists on a mission in the harsh and hostile terrain of Afghanistan find themselves lost in a Middle Eastern "Bermuda Triangle" of ancient evil.

Quite good movie and somewhat creepy, if you dont have your expectation set out of proportions.

when i was in the royal marines, we done a lot of joint ops with the u.s. marines, and from what I seen, it takes a lot more than an eerie load of bones to scare them.

when i was in the royal marines, we done a lot of joint ops with the u.s. marines, and from what I seen, it takes a lot more than an eerie load of bones to scare them.

yea i would hope so otherwise they are no different then regular soldiers lol

true lol, but they were seriously hardcore

yea i heard that like only 5 or 6 out of 50 soldiers actually make it to the traing camp and then like 2 or 3 actually become marines...i might be wrong but thats what i heard.

yea i heard that like only 5 or 6 out of 50 soldiers actually make it to the traing camp and then like 2 or 3 actually become marines...i might be wrong but thats what i heard.

I think you are confusing marines with rangers.

If it were just weird lights they see, I'd say it could be some natural phenomena, but they also hear voices and whispers and such. Wow what a creep patrol. :gun:

Oh man, this made me think of that movie - The Objective > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0962711/

Plot: A group of Special Ops Reservists on a mission in the harsh and hostile terrain of Afghanistan find themselves lost in a Middle Eastern "Bermuda Triangle" of ancient evil.

Quite good movie and somewhat creepy, if you dont have your expectation set out of proportions.

Yea, I saw that one, and it was pretty good right up to the very end...

The ending was a bit disappointing though. It was like the director Daniel Myrick, just threw his hands in the air and sad... Screw this, Im out a here!!!

Yea, I saw that one, and it was pretty good right up to the very end...

The ending was a bit disappointing though. It was like the director Daniel Myrick, just threw his hands in the air and sad... Screw this, Im out a here!!!

yeah I agree but i was very well surprised when i saw this movie.

I didn't know anything about it and thought it was some cheap-ass SciFi-channel flick made on a coffeebreak.

But..it was intriguing and made very well with, as it seemed, a low budget and fairly unknown actors.

Think I gonna post this in the Movie-section here, some people might wanna see it.

ill bet its all just a story they tell to the incoming soldiers to keep them on their toes. it sounds like a pretty boring place otherwise, so what better to keep those stationed there frosty than a good ghost story? The place has been used as a battleground for centuries; ghost activity would be easy to believe in at a place like that.

"Stick a shovel in anywhere and you’ll find bones" ~ that says it all.

I'd like to see pictures of this old outpost

• 1 month later...

might be.

Not rangers , when I went to boot camp at Paris Island we had 60 recruits when we graduated we had 42. Army ranger school is hard but no more so than the the training that I received, I served with all branches of U.S. forces and many foreign country armed forces,none are easy, well maybe the air force.

Not rangers , when I went to boot camp at Paris Island we had 60 recruits when we graduated we had 42. Army ranger school is hard but no more so than the the training that I received, I served with all branches of U.S. forces and many foreign country armed forces,none are easy, well maybe the air force.

lol those poor guys even my sand squid butt says the air force is a sissy branch..except for PJ's..those are some bad dudes.

lol those poor guys even my sand squid butt says the air force is a sissy branch..except for PJ's..those are some bad dudes.

Whoaaaa.....I beg to differ. My husband is in a Combat Communications Special Ops Team with the Air Force. He has served 2 tours hunting drug lords in South America, 2 active combat tours in Iraq, one in Afghanistan and will deploy to Afghanistan again in June. I applaud ALL branches of the military - NONE of them are sissies, especially not my hubby and his unit. They ALL serve this country so we can have freedom of speech, so you are entitled to your opinions. I just had to jump in when I saw this. ;)