Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I want to learn!

pycomonkey

I've been researching magick alot lately. I want to learn some white magick, just stuff to help others and what not. Noting that involves contacting spirits. I don't beleavin the Wicca or whatever religion. Im a atheist, so I dont have any protection against. Well, demons... I dont know if theres a such thing but yes. Please give me some advice or maybe I could talk to you tro IM or something. Thanks :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• CerridwenoftheFlesh

• icile_xele

• Agent. Mulder

well this doesnt make sense to me. if you dont believe in wicca or religious backing for "white magick" why bother with calling it that. You desire protection from demons, but what are demons? think of what the demon represents. it could just be negative energy. i personally don't believe in demons or magick such as spells and offerings. all of it acts as a tool to generate a response in the mind. you say a spell to get a desired effect. the words mean nothing its the mind set it puts you in. its like a tool that focuses your mind and energy to acheive the effect.

Since u are an athiest i think it would be very dificult for you to practice any "white magick" because you dont truly believe in it.

I've been researching magick alot lately. I want to learn some white magick, just stuff to help others and what not. Noting that involves contacting spirits. I don't beleavin the Wicca or whatever religion. Im a atheist, so I dont have any protection against. Well, demons... I dont know if theres a such thing but yes. Please give me some advice or maybe I could talk to you tro IM or something. Thanks :D

If you want to help others, why not volunteer in your community, and donate to a local charity?

What are your REAL reasons for wanting to learn magic? Because you want to have power? Because you want to feel special and unique? because you want an identity?

yeah that true you can't learn it if you don't believe it

so, 'magic(k)' only works if you believe in it?

i see.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

Yep! For some odd reason, that seems to be the norm for a religion. But yeah, if you don't believe a spell will work, it won't. Probably just an excuse for when magic(k) fails.

"Oh, you just didn't believe hard enough. Try again, and believe HARDER!"

To the OP: As a former Wiccan, current liberal Christan, I can tell you you won't find any magic that doesn't involve invoking spirits. That's the whole point. Casting a spell involves summoning the proper spirits, or invoking the proper gods/goddeses to get what you want. You use many obgects that "resonate" with the proper deity, and then you ask that deity. If you believe hard enough, your desire will supposedly come true.

Edited by Shannons_Reality

Hi if you really want to help others, it may be a good idea to start with something other than Magic, for example healing, that will put all the magic into your life you could ever wish for.

There are many relatively simple methods you could choose to start with, a little bit of research on the Internet and you should be able to find one that suits you. The quick and simple methods I have to admit aren't very effective but you will find out whether you have any talent quite quickly, if you do you can then move on to a more complex and successful system, and if you find you have no talent it's unlikely you'd have any talent with Magic either.

I personally don't believe, being an atheist is any great hindrance to achieving your aim, take the Buddhists who don't believe in God for example, if you have researched Magic you will have already come across Tibetan Magic, some of the most impressive in the world.

Decide what you really want to do, and why, if you find there is ego involved, you would be well advised not to bother in the first place.

Good luck

Hi if you really want to help others, it may be a good idea to start with something other than Magic, for example healing, that will put all the magic into your life you could ever wish for.

There are many relatively simple methods you could choose to start with, a little bit of research on the Internet and you should be able to find one that suits you. The quick and simple methods I have to admit aren't very effective but you will find out whether you have any talent quite quickly, if you do you can then move on to a more complex and successful system, and if you find you have no talent it's unlikely you'd have any talent with Magic either.

I personally don't believe, being an atheist is any great hindrance to achieving your aim, take the Buddhists who don't believe in God for example, if you have researched Magic you will have already come across Tibetan Magic, some of the most impressive in the world.

Decide what you really want to do, and why, if you find there is ego involved, you would be well advised not to bother in the first place.

Good luck

impressive? how so?

just because of the interesting stories told about it?

Tibetan Magic

Its impressive because it's just like Harry Potter! *Sarcasm*

Tibetan Magic

Its impressive because it's just like Harry Potter! *Sarcasm*

Ugh. i hate harry potter.

Good luck

I know living in Birkenhead requires escapism, but magic (any spelling of it) is none existent.

yeah that true you can't learn it if you don't believe it

I disagree

You can still learn as long as you don't anti believe.

Too bad not many people can unbelieve without antibelieving.

• 3 weeks later...

well this doesnt make sense to me. if you dont believe in wicca or religious backing for "white magick" why bother with calling it that. You desire protection from demons, but what are demons? think of what the demon represents. it could just be negative energy. i personally don't believe in demons or magick such as spells and offerings. all of it acts as a tool to generate a response in the mind. you say a spell to get a desired effect. the words mean nothing its the mind set it puts you in. its like a tool that focuses your mind and energy to acheive the effect.

Since u are an athiest i think it would be very dificult for you to practice any "white magick" because you dont truly believe in it.

I disagree. One can be a witch without being Wiccan. If you are a witch or do witchcraft, however, you would be called a "Pagan" even if you dont believe in or practice the religion. Just how it goes.

Its possible to use some magic without believing in any of the deities. Some, but not all. Magic is simply the manipulation of energy and sometimes, the blessings of a deity. You can protect yourself without invoking the name of a deity, but sometimes the most powerful is when you use a deity.

Point being, you can still use magic or white magic without being Wiccan or following the Pagan religions. :]

Well if you want to say not use magic together..and really boil it down to the manipulation of energy.

To me it's easier in a sense throw out all the religion all the symbolism...which can have YES it's important

just go to the belief itself and do it...but each person works in their own unique way

Well if you want to say not use magic together..and really boil it down to the manipulation of energy.

To me it's easier in a sense throw out all the religion all the symbolism...which can have YES it's important

just go to the belief itself and do it...but each person works in their own unique way

The "spells" are more for memory. Some spells rhyme so as to help us remember either the ingredients or simply how to go about the spell/ritual. Also, wouldn't you say that words have power? That not only words, but your intent behind them also holds much power? Together, they can be very strong.

But remember, the manipulation of energy is from both you and other things. From symbols (the triquetra, the three phases of the moon, etc), from plants, from the air and the water. Christians feel safe because they have the symbol of the cross around their neck--many Pagans feel strong with the symbol of the pentacle, representing the four elements+the spirit around their neck.

To sum up, if you look at some of the older "spells" you'll find they rhyme in such a way as to help you remember how to do the ritual, what ingredients to use, and in what order. Many things go into a spell. Though as for religion, some pagan religions do require certain rituals or spells. Wicca, I believe, is one that requires some spellcraft. Others dont whatsoever. It really depends on the pagan religion.

I understand that. however, I choose not to use any religion..though I do not block it out..I watch and observe all religions. I am not saying words do not have power..they do because the itnent and belief behind them do

hence why religion IS powerful...because the belief IS powerful

belief is highly important, as you know. I do not use spells, but each to their own again and I understand why they might of been used back then and now. I just work right on the source by intuning to said persons body/enviornment ext which is what essentailly any good healer does and what 'they' have done in the past with or without spells.

I understand that. however, I choose not to use any religion..though I do not block it out..I watch and observe all religions. I am not saying words do not have power..they do because the itnent and belief behind them do

hence why religion IS powerful...because the belief IS powerful

belief is highly important, as you know. I do not use spells, but each to their own again and I understand why they might of been used back then and now. I just work right on the source by intuning to said persons body/enviornment ext which is what essentailly any good healer does and what 'they' have done in the past with or without spells.

This is also very true. Only the most well focused or practiced people can do that...I dont do spells often as I do everything with caution. Its a rarity if I ever do, and when I do I take every psychic precaution I possibly can. But in the whole idea of religion and metaphysics, I'm still trying to find my way. :]

Twas nice talking to you! Hope we can do it again. ;] I really like this board.

I disagree

You can still learn as long as you don't anti believe.

Too bad not many people can unbelieve without antibelieving.

You know you have a semantic issue when you make up words.

There is no such thing as anti-believing, you either believe or you do not, even if you are unsure you clearly still don't believe.

Regarding magic (or the silly new age spelling), sorry but that fundamentally breaks the physical laws of the universe. There is a reason why no one has been able to display such an ability.

You know you have a semantic issue when you make up words.

There is no such thing as anti-believing, you either believe or you do not, even if you are unsure you clearly still don't believe.

Regarding magic (or the silly new age spelling), sorry but that fundamentally breaks the physical laws of the universe. There is a reason why no one has been able to display such an ability.

*shrugs nonchalantly* I am not trying to be arguementative or anything, cause if people dont believe/like it then that is their business. However, I found your statement a bit uncomfortable. Magic is supposed to use energy from around us to influence everyday activities or events. One can even say that forcibly smiling is a form of magic. Think about it; some studies have shown that if you smile or act cheerful around others, then they tend to give off a much happier emotion in response. Of course if you act upset or angry, then they may react in that way as well.

No I'm not making the jump and trying to say that persuading people in a debate is magic, but magic is certainly not being able to predict the weather the next day exactly. In TV shows a psychic will arrive late and the person says, "Well couldn't you predict the traffic?" as if to tease them. Magic is not instant. Sometimes it takes several rituals for the one "spell" to take affect. Sometimes you have to do it over and over again, like a prayer, before it is "answered."

For those who do magic daily, they would say such an ability HAS been displayed to them. They don't use it to move objects--they use it to try and calm sick loved ones, or TRY (keyword: try) to bring a little more luck in their life after say losing their home or job. It doesn't mean it'll just happen. Its not guaranteed.

Well, that's really all I wanted to say on the matter. People always tell me that they assume magic will just happen after someone speaks a few words, and that's not it at all. Its much, much more than that. :]

*shrugs nonchalantly* I am not trying to be arguementative or anything, cause if people dont believe/like it then that is their business. However, I found your statement a bit uncomfortable. Magic is supposed to use energy from around us to influence everyday activities or events. One can even say that forcibly smiling is a form of magic. Think about it; some studies have shown that if you smile or act cheerful around others, then they tend to give off a much happier emotion in response. Of course if you act upset or angry, then they may react in that way as well.

No I'm not making the jump and trying to say that persuading people in a debate is magic, but magic is certainly not being able to predict the weather the next day exactly. In TV shows a psychic will arrive late and the person says, "Well couldn't you predict the traffic?" as if to tease them. Magic is not instant. Sometimes it takes several rituals for the one "spell" to take affect. Sometimes you have to do it over and over again, like a prayer, before it is "answered."

For those who do magic daily, they would say such an ability HAS been displayed to them. They don't use it to move objects--they use it to try and calm sick loved ones, or TRY (keyword: try) to bring a little more luck in their life after say losing their home or job. It doesn't mean it'll just happen. Its not guaranteed.

Well, that's really all I wanted to say on the matter. People always tell me that they assume magic will just happen after someone speaks a few words, and that's not it at all. Its much, much more than that. :]

Sorry but to me it seems no different than people seeing patterns were there aren't any and simply being able to predict using available evidence.

And there are still the physical laws of the universe to contend with.

Edited by Mattshark

Sorry but to me it seems no different than people seeing patterns were there aren't any and simply being able to predict using available evidence.

And there are still the physical laws of the universe to contend with.

I agree :tu: If not selse the world will be full of heroes and there will be no question demonic action

Thanks

B???