Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ghost hunt challenge

jeceris

i have a challenge for all you ghost hunters out there, but first let me set this up.

last night there was a program on, about this museum that's around the corner from where i work. the museum is one of the oldest building's in ottawa, over 200 yrs old, nothing to you europeans, i know. but it is said to be haunted. the staff they interviewed talked about things flying through the air, display cases, locked, having the articles inside, moved about, screaming and yelling upstaris,(small building, only two stories to it) and the sound of someone running up and down the stairs.

so this morning at work i was discussing this with another drone who works here and had seen the program as well, and we've decided this friday at lunch we're gonna head down to the museum and take a stroll and see, or feel for ourselves if the spirits are there.

so, i propose this. there must be a haunted building near your house, work, whatever, wherever you live. go and check it out this weekend and then come back here on monday and let me know if you experienced anything paranormal.

describe where you went, what legend exists there,and what happened when you went, and i'll let you know if anything happened this friday.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeceris

• chico del nacho

• Hammys Teddy

• Tom_Bom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! That sounds like fun! I hope you can see some interesting things! Good luck to you and your friend! Let us know what happens.

There is a place here in Albuquerque, that I would LOVE to go check out. Its an abandoned insane asylum. But unfortunately, its property is owned by the local, southwest motorcycle gang, the Banditos. Pretty rough bunch of characters, and they DO NOT tolorate tresspassers. Hehe. And I personally don't think a really great ghost hunt, would be worth my life.

Like I said, I would love to hear what happens on your excurtion! Have fun!

clap.gif

fair enough odingrl, i should've put a disclaimer on the challenge, no risking your life or getting arrested.

i will update after the visit. thumbsup.gif

HOLD UP! Before you go hunting for dead people, hear my words! Do a ritual of protection! Ask the lord to surround you with the white light of the holy spirit, and to protect you on your outing.

And remember, the place you are visiting is the ghosts territory, not yours. Remember to show it the ut-most respect.

i haven't done any "ritual of protection" yet and i'm not gonna start now. i don't ask the lord for protection because i can protect myself. it's good of you to worry, and i appreciate your motives, but no dice, not this time.

if i remember, i'll go down to the old graveyard. that place is pretty active. this was a good, if odd, idea, jeceris.

not that i'm taking this lightly, tom bom, but i don't think that's necessary.

it's a museum, and it may be their turf, but they got to be used to visitors by now, well maybe, and i gotta pay $5 to get in, they gotta appreciate that.

i should've put a disclaimer on the challenge, no risking your life or getting arrested.

heh, oh come on. ya gotta have a little danger in the process. like, if ya see a ghost, taunt it. if you see rickety old stairs, stomp your way up them. and if there's a locked door that you an extremely bad feeling from, by all means break it down.

tee hee! grin2.gif

ok chico, will do, and if you go to the graveyard, do the same, only no digging stuff up.

grin2.gif

not that i'm taking this lightly, tom bom, but i don't think that's necessary.

it's a museum, and it may be their turf, but they got to be used to visitors by now, well maybe, and i gotta pay $5 to get in, they gotta appreciate that.

I'm just telling you something that years of ghost hunting couldn't teach you. If they haunt the halls of the museum, chances are they are immature souls. Thats whats ghosts are. Souls that are lost, and decide to stick around for a while. Sometimes they have good intentions, other times, not so much. They COULD hurt you if you give them the means to do so.

Take it from me, a psychic in training. My friend, who is a full fleged psychic talks to spirits, and knows these things. Don't get me wrong. I may be just learning, but i know a thing or two from experiance. The only possible defence against a ghost when you are on their terms is god. Theres no other alternative.

Going in there without protection is the equivelent of a jewish man walking into a nazi lunch in with a benie on. Be carefull. At least say a little prayer before you embark on this dangerous journey.

no prayer for me thanks. if It wants to help, It will, It doesn't need It's time wasted by me on something even more strange than thanking It for dinner.

*spends lazy evening browsing forum, almost falls of toybox reading this thread**

Tom_bom,

Dont you think your God has his priorities just a little wrong??

You seem to be suggesting that he will answer these prayers and actually protect people from ghosts?? where is He when the real sh** hits the fan, why does he not answer prayers for protection against Famine, disease and earthquakes etc... Surely these are more important matters....

Teddy. rolleyes.gif

That is one sarcastic bear!! laugh.gif

I'd like to challenge the notion that the territory "belongs" to the ghosts. When you die your tenant agreement is voided. Time to move on and out..

That's assuming Ghosts even exist..

I actually spent Monday at 'The Vulcan' Hotel in an old goldminnning town called St.Bathans . It's notorius around these parts for being haunted . We were there a whole 5 minutes before the young girl behind the counter was falling over herself to tell us the stories about there ghost/s .

The young bar maid refused to tell me any personal experiences she had had there however she seemed convinced that there was something a miss with the building .

The story goes that in the earlier part of last century a 26 year old prostitute , was strangled in one of the back rooms and had her money stolen . Since then many customers have complained about being harrased through the night . And things are forever going missing, sometimes for days. Only to return to the spot they where originally left in the first place .

They recently had a woman who claimed to be psychic come through saying there where actually 3 ghosts in residence . One of which had been reprted to the bar lady only a few nights before the apparent psychic turned up .

Mind you the only spirit I saw was called Jim and he came with coke .

post-10-1086836688.jpg

Edited by Kismit

Mind you the only spirit I saw was called Jim and he came with coke .

Small world...I am good friends with his brother Jack. cool.gif

I work at a nursing home. we have had 5 deaths in the past month. When there are alot of deaths in a short period of time the staff always report paranormal experiences. In fact I had one myself a couple weeks ago with a coworker. We both walked into a room that a man died in that morning. It was about 6pm, so it was still light out. Niether one of us turned the light on. We had to put a Foley catheter in the man that shared the room with the one that passed away. Just as soon as the other nurse said "We should turn the light on" it came on. FREAKY!

Mind you the only spirit I saw was called Jim and he came with coke

Bah, Morgan's alot better then Jim. And Morgan's a captain of his own spirit ship and a bay!

Mmm... spending time in the bay with coke is so good...

We had to put a Foley catheter in the man that shared the room with the one that passed away.

Ugghhhhh!!! I always felt sorry for the poor b******* that had to have the catheter slid-in. wacko.gif

protection amulets...get your protection amulets...only £5.00 ($7.95) wink2.gif

LOL! grin2.gif

thanks kismet, that's the kind of stuff i was hoping to see.

c'mon, there's got to be more of you out there who can drop by your local hauntery, for a spirit or two.

thanks humberwitch, no amulets needed, taking my lucky moosehead bottle cap. whistling2.gif

Went on another ghost hunt at tutbury castle, only this time i got in to the kings bedroom, went with my mum and her friend. Anyway when you first go in there is a lady(actress) who dresses up as Mary Queen of Scotts, she tells you a few stories.

She tells you all to stand in a circle around the edge of the room, then she turns the lights out. Its dark but not pitch black.

She then tells you to put your hand into the circle, there is ment to be a small girl who comes and touches your hand, i never felt anything touch me but my hand did go very cold, and i also felt very sick and dizzy, dont know why.

When i came out of the room i felt fine, though it did freek me out quite alot.

I went on the 30th of April, i did get to meet Richard Felix, that was good.

*spends lazy evening browsing forum, almost falls of toybox reading this thread**

Tom_bom,

Dont you think your God has his priorities just a little wrong??

You seem to be suggesting that he will answer these prayers and actually protect people from ghosts?? where is He when the real sh** hits the fan, why does he not answer prayers for protection against Famine, disease and earthquakes etc... Surely these are more important matters....

Teddy. rolleyes.gif

Teddy, everything happens for a reason. Everything that has happened in your life, has led you up to this point. God lays the path, and you follow. The hunger and the pain is for a reason.

when i walk home at night, they usually try to make themselves known to me. i always ignore them because i really don't care about what they want and they kinda scare me. so i was walkin home last night with my discman on, and i walked by this truck with a camper on it. i accidentally looked inside, which i try not to do, as it seems to spur them one, and then the streetlight flickered all crazy, the camper's lights inside started flickering, and my discman started to get all wonked.

was rather unsettling.

allright.

t minus 2hrs and counting.

sunny clear day, 19 degrees celcius, no atmospheric anomalies.

we are now a gang of 5, going to the museum, one is a greek woman

who is the only person i have ever met who i believe to have psychic abilities.

(she's made predictions from dreams, for friends and co-workers alike and always has been spot on)(maybe share that on another thread sometime)

anyway, if there is paranormal activity, i'm betting on her to pick it up.

there's also a beer festival going on today not far from the museum, so my hike back, and subsequent report, might be delayed.

heh, so far the amount of people for my hunt: me!

i should probably get at least another person, ya know, so i don't die or something.