Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

REALLY weird stuff happening in the sky

Ps.

Hi,

I've been looking around here for a while but never posted anything since nothing out of the ordinary ever happened to me.

About 1 year ago however, I was hanging out with a friend of mine at the town I live a few miles away from. As we were biking slowly, talking, I suddenly noticed THIS in the sky:

wtff1.png

(Sorry for my bad paint but this is a quick impression of what I saw.)

Something that looked like a digital projection (it happened in a few seconds and looked totally unreal) of some sort, looking like a comet flew through the sky in the distance, disappearing behind some industrial buildings.

As the front passed by it left some sort of tail or stream of light behind it that became smaller and smaller before disappearing, like something out of dragonball Z.(That's what it reminded me of)

After this,two large bright flashes of light were visible, it looked like the earlier effect caused them as the flashes' source was behind the buildings.

I saw the whole thing happening, and totally freaked out since i never had seen anything like this in my life, my friend however was sort of calm since he only saw the two bright flashes instead of what I saw (he was too late). He did not take it as seriously as I did. He did however agree it was odd and we both decided to bike in the direction of where it happened, since there are some wide open spaces behind the industrial area and we could see it again if we got lucky.

After we arrived there, nothing happened for about an hour and a half. We decided to head back, still thinking what it could have been.

We took a little detour to my house, the earlier effect took place east of us, now we were heading in a northern direction.

As we were biking and talking again, I noticed something right in front of me, and my friend this time also noticed.

What was happening was even more outrageous.

We saw what looked like lightning, lightning arcs as you would see them in a storm, however the sky was clear.

The way it acted was totally un-natural, it started with one strain of lightning going UP in a straight line, then fading out and another strain of lightning would go up just like the one before, in the end about 5 or 6 strains took off from the ground to the sky, one after another, next to eachother. As if this isn't disturbing enough, each strain had its own color, one was light blue, one was green, one was red, etcetera.

This all happened within 3, maybe 4 seconds. And it happened miles away from where we were at that time, it was enormous, the space between each strain looked like a few hundreds of meters atleast, the total span of the effect must have been ATLEAST over a kilometer (I'm dutch so I don't think in miles or inches).

After the effect ended we we're both mystified about what we just saw, this could in my opinion not have been a natural effect, however i cant imagine anyone having the technology to make an effect of such massive scale and secondly, there are no major cities around where i live, especially in the direction the effect took place, so putting up this effect in the sky with special equipment does not make sense to me at all.

I searched the web for an explanation or an image that would closely match the effect, and this is the closest i could get, however I believe it's not a real photo. The effect i saw was different since every strain had it's own distinct color and all of them ended at the same height.

wtff2.jpg

As I said before, i thoroughly checked the web for information about laser effects or similar tech like that, and found nothing. The same goes for the effect i saw the first time, although I have seen a vid of a comet or something like it, which could be an explanation.

If you read until here, I have some additional information which could be useful:

We were under no influence of drugs or alcohol at the time, I never drink any alcohol, and my friend rarely does.

We never use drugs by the way.

We both do not suffer from insomnia or any mental disease or disorder.

We both saw exactly the same thing, so it can't be something that I just imagined.

All of this happened in the Netherlands, in Overijssel which is a more rural part of the Netherlands.

I made this topic to find a rational explanation for what we saw, I'm not looking to prank or get attention with this.

I will gladly post additional information if anyone requests it.

Edited by Ps.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ps.

• Sakari

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say , you do sound sincere....

As for the first thing , I saw a similar thing in 1987.With 2 friends in my 4x4...Went behind the hills and 2 large flashes lit up the hills big time.We ran into a Sherif when we tried to drive to find where it hit...That was a meteorite , may have hit ground , or "blown up" before it hit the ground.Could have been 100 miles away also...Sherif explained it all to us , he was wondering himself and called it in...

Second thing....I have no clue at all....Any electrical cables in the area at all , underground or above?....A sub-staton for power?

I will say , you do sound sincere....

As for the first thing , I saw a similar thing in 1987.With 2 friends in my 4x4...Went behind the hills and 2 large flashes lit up the hills big time.We ran into a Sherif when we tried to drive to find where it hit...That was a meteorite , may have hit ground , or "blown up" before it hit the ground.Could have been 100 miles away also...Sherif explained it all to us , he was wondering himself and called it in...

Second thing....I have no clue at all....Any electrical cables in the area at all , underground or above?....A sub-staton for power?

Now that you mention it, electrical cables are present in the area, above the ground and the height could be similar.

The effect took place much further away from where we were at the time, and I'm not sure if that area has cables. But if electrical cables would be the cause, it wouldn't explain the fact that the arcs went UP from the ground, and it would also not explain the weird color. The way it looked made me think it was somehow artificial, but that doesn't add up to what I found online.