Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vatican reveals Secret Archives

behaviour???

The Holy See’s archives contain scrolls, parchments and leather-bound volumes with correspondence dating back more than 1,000 years.

High-quality reproductions of 105 documents, 19 of which have never been seen before in public, have now been published in a book.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• War Eagle

• sickpuppy

• Gwynbleidd

• Black Hound

interesting.. a few highlights would have been welcomed [dialup here]

i personally don't expect much. it's not like they intend to shoot themselves in the foot and reveal any major info. probably one of the popes midnight-snack preferences will get a mention.

this is the organisation that supresses info, not reveals it. [galileo, anyone?]

/goes back to sleep

:)

interesting.. a few highlights would have been welcomed [dialup here]

i personally don't expect much. it's not like they intend to shoot themselves in the foot and reveal any major info. probably one of the popes midnight-snack preferences will get a mention.

this is the organisation that supresses info, not reveals it. [galileo, anyone?]

/goes back to sleep

:)

Where in the Bible does it say the Earth is at the centre of the universe?

when did i say 'bible'?

we're speaking of the Holy see, two different things..

when they came for him, he said to them 'Look in my telescope and you'll see what i see'

they said, "No, we cannot, because we cannot see what is not there'

If just anybody is given access to the archives, PLEASE keep Dan Brown out of them. Who knows what kinds of books he might create if given access to some of the stuff in there.

If just anybody is given access to the archives, PLEASE keep Dan Brown out of them. Who knows what kinds of books he might create if given access to some of the stuff in there.

Claiming it as his own (mine mine aaalll mine) personal painstaking intensive research, then glorifying it into a over-glorified blatant-bullsh!t hollow-wood movie.

Hey here's a totally new thought & concept; maybe he could put Tom Hanks in as the lead with a p*** ass twist at the end(?) :rofl:

IMO; me personally i'd be very skeptical (cynical if you like) of whatever the RCC/Vatican release from their vaults/archives, to be sure whatever they release doesn't have any blood stains on it as well.

Why would they release anything that is at odds with current doctrine?

I know they keep all sorts of records, but even if the heretical stuff if kept (and I suspect it is) it won't be released until it ceases to be heretical.

And the spaceship in the basement will never be revealed until the Holy See needs to make a fast getaway....

How about revealing how much value in gold their secret chambers contain? Enough to fix up world poverty for eternity. :P

Anyway back on topic, here's one for the conspiracy theorists. How about the third secret of Fatima and the allegation there is a second part to it that hasn't been revealed which talks about the apocalypse?

My link

How about revealing how much value in gold their secret chambers contain? Enough to fix up world poverty for eternity. :P

Anyway back on topic, here's one for the conspiracy theorists. How about the third secret of Fatima and the allegation there is a second part to it that hasn't been revealed which talks about the apocalypse?

My link

Saw a bootleg doco years back on that, BRLD, claiming one of the Bishops who originally read &/or received the 3rd secret buzzed out later going into hibernation then straight to loonsville?

Maybe the second coming ain't quite what they expecting?

84363565.jpg

Where does Galileo claim that the Bible says that the Earth is at the centre of the Universe?

Saw a bootleg doco years back on that, BRLD, claiming one of the Bishops who originally read &/or received the 3rd secret buzzed out later going into hibernation then straight to loonsville?

Maybe the second coming ain't quite what they expecting?

84363565.jpg

Rebel, I'm not into conspiracy theories that much but I have to admit some weird things happen in this world which can't easily get dismissed with logical explanations. Some of the explanations turn out to be more ridiculous than the claims. If the third revelation has to do with Aliens, I'm not really sure. All I know is that the first two revelations had some bite to em, while the third, released in 2000 by the Vatican, was a complete dud, false or incomplete according to many.

The fact that the 3 Cardinals, alleged to be part of the deception in 2000, are currently occupying the most powerful positions in the Vatican gives grounds to even more suspicion:

Cardinal Ratzinger, the current Pope;

Cardinal Bertone, the current Vatican Secretary of State (something like a Prime Minister),

Cardinal Sodano, the current Dean of all the Cardinals (presides over the conclave when/if a new Pope gets voted in).

Rebel, I'm not into conspiracy theories that much but I have to admit some weird things happen in this world which can't easily get dismissed with logical explanations. Some of the explanations turn out to be more ridiculous than the claims. If the third revelation has to do with Aliens, I'm not really sure. All I know is that the first two revelations had some bite to em, while the third, released in 2000 by the Vatican, was a complete dud, false or incomplete according to many.

The fact that the 3 Cardinals, alleged to be part of the deception in 2000, are currently occupying the most powerful positions in the Vatican gives grounds to even more suspicion:

Cardinal Bertone, the current Vatican Secretary of State (something like a Prime Minister),

Cardinal Sodano, the current Dean of all the Cardinals (presides over the conclave when/if a new Pope gets voted in).

Why doesn't that surprise me(?)...one holy hand white washes the other. :hmm:

Not much into cts either...good conspiracies yes, not sure if this is one of them; not the RCC/Vatican, they have conspiracy (deception betrayal & greed) tattooed on their foreheads...But what the three children, later hundreds of ppl witnessed(?)

As usual how *covenantly convenient for the RCC/Vatican...

Press releases at the time of her death, report that *Lucia had been 'blind and deaf' (hear no evil see no evil lol) for some years prior to her death. (now speak no evil) lol!!!

Lucia was not seen in public after the Catholic Church's publication of the third secret in the year 2000. The day of her funeral, February 15, 2005, was declared a day of national mourning in Portugal; even campaigning for the national parliamentary election scheduled for Sunday, February 20, was interrupted. -(wiki)

*not sure if that's a real word, but it sounded good lol!

Claiming it as his own (mine mine aaalll mine) personal painstaking intensive research, then glorifying it into a over-glorified blatant-bullsh!t hollow-wood movie.

Hey here's a totally new thought & concept; maybe he could put Tom Hanks in as the lead with a p*** ass twist at the end(?) rofl.gif

IMO; me personally i'd be very skeptical (cynical if you like) of whatever the RCC/Vatican release from their vaults/archives, to be sure whatever they release doesn't have any blood stains on it as well.

I'm with you on that.

Yea, I think the 3rd secret went something like this: "Oh by the way everything I have so said far, in addition to everything you believe in, is complete and utter BS."

• 6 months later...

First of all, my apologies for bringing an old thread to life, but I thought this might relate to what is being talked about in here, rather than make a new thread.

I must tell you that I'm not a religious person at all, and have not read the bible. Nor am I familiar with Catholicism (sp?). From what little I have read, the Vatican appears to be very secretive of what they keep in that ancient building.

I have just begun reading about the secret archives and it is actually "secret" yes??

No normal people are allowed to access it?

I guess my question here is, what do you think is kept there and why all the secrecy?

Thanks

B???

That's really cool.......i have been there.......awe inspiring.speechless.....are but a few words that come to mind......

Pixxi

I was raised Catholic but split off from there. The Vatican is in a league in it's own, of course they have thousands upon thousands of books, the bad thing is they can burn whichever or re-write anything they want because they have all of those their disposal. No one should take every single word of the bible literaly, as the bible changes many many times, all the time. From John to according to luke, new testament..old testament...ya and a lot of books are never even talked about in church, really just the same old stories again and again and again.

Define "normal" people, depends on what connections, what you do ect that they want you in or allowed in. Not everything secret is evil, though I myself do not like the Vatican and the books in my opinion most are not evil in there.

You should read my poem I recently wrote in the writers/artist section titled 13 Chambers...that might open your eyes to some of it. In my personal opinon a lot of what common day society is taught are lies, one would be your inutition is wrong..I've heard that so many times it's not even funny. PM me if you wish

My link

The 3rd Secret is "We were only kidding...lol."

Pixxi

I was raised Catholic but split off from there. The Vatican is in a league in it's own, of course they have thousands upon thousands of books, the bad thing is they can burn whichever or re-write anything they want because they have all of those their disposal. No one should take every single word of the bible literaly, as the bible changes many many times, all the time. From John to according to luke, new testament..old testament...ya and a lot of books are never even talked about in church, really just the same old stories again and again and again.

Define "normal" people, depends on what connections, what you do ect that they want you in or allowed in. Not everything secret is evil, though I myself do not like the Vatican and the books in my opinion most are not evil in there.

You should read my poem I recently wrote in the writers/artist section titled 13 Chambers...that might open your eyes to some of it. In my personal opinon a lot of what common day society is taught are lies, one would be your inutition is wrong..I've heard that so many times it's not even funny. PM me if you wish

Thanks so much for replying puridalan :)

I'm going to follow up on your poem (since I love reading your work) and I'm yet to read a bible that I bought over a year ago. I just need the time to get into it. It's a bit hard with a 6 month old baby and a 3 year old! LOL But I'll get there eventually.

I've also found a documentary which also has a section on the Vatican's Secret Archives which I'll watch this coming weekend. Hopefully, it'll give me a baseline idea for what is actually stored in there and why all the secrecy.

If I get stuck or have any questions, I'll give you a pm - thanks again for your reply Sweetie :)

About time. Now maybe we can get to the "Shroud" issue and get it settled one and for all.