Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM-X update on-line

Saru

Saru - Have attempted to provide a link in the "Crypto" column, subhead "Careers". Four attempts today. Repeated response - 501 error. Possible glitch in the new system? The source is quite reputable, i.e. archaeology.org. Please inform. Thanks!

Swede

I'll need a copy of the content of the post you are trying to make, i'll PM you shortly with an e-mail address.

Any chance the Search Function can be returned to the time when the post you were looking for was shown in its entirety? When you're looking for someone's specific post, it's really hard to find it if all you can see is the first line of the post. Even going through your own post history is difficult to find an old entry since the same issue occurs.

This was a change IPB made in Invision Board 3 that I don't like either, its something that i'll be looking in to.

Thank you to everyone for your feedback. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• behaviour???

• thefinalfrontier

• InnerSpace

The issue of showing on the homepage to sign in is back again, Once I go back to the forums im signed in,

Edited by thefinalfrontier

Its possible you are looking at a cached page, try hitting refresh on the home page and see if it changes.

I tried refreshing but that didnt help so I logged out and signed in again and now its showing signed in,

Thanks Saru,

I believe it allows you to link to someone's Twitter page.

Support for addition links to Twitter, Facebook and other social sites is something that's being considered for a future update.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a glitch with the new server or just a separate issue, but sometimes when I quote a person's post in my response, the link that's suppose to take me back to that post doesn't work properly - for some reason it takes me to the top of a random page and not to the post it should.

Eg, THIS POST I quoted a member back on page 25. Clicking the link to get to that page simply leaves me on the top of page 26, for some reason.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Quote snapbacks sometimes not linking to the correct post is a known issue in Invision Board 3, unfortunately its one that Invision Board are going to need to fix themselves in a future update patch.

Ok thanks for the answer, boss. Best wishes, :tu:

Edited by Paranoid Android

A really nice look now on the home page. Kudos, Saru. =)

I'm not able to approve friend invites. When I click on the link it takes me to a message informing me that I will need to sign in to perform this function, or something to that nature. Also when I leave a message in someones profile, afterwards, I can't see the message, but below the profile, I can see the whole forum format.

gosh, and one more thing...when ever I post, I'm automatically signed out after posting.

I'm not able to approve friend invites. When I click on the link it takes me to a message informing me that I will need to sign in to perform this function, or something to that nature.

gosh, and one more thing...when ever I post, I'm automatically signed out after posting.

Both of these are likely to have the same cause, sounds like it could be a cookie issue however there could be many different reasons for it depending on your specific browser, settings, plug-ins, other applications etc. How long has this problem been occuring and do you have another browser you can try it on to see if it does the same thing with that ?

Also when I leave a message in someones profile, afterwards, I can't see the message, but below the profile, I can see the whole forum format.

That can happen if the person you are leaving a comment for has comment approval switched on.

Cookies didn't seem to be the problem. I only have problems when I'm using Firefox but not IE. With FF, there is always an attachment showing (just a small corner image of UM forum) under the 'Attachment' line below when I'm posting. 'It also says attach this file'. I've already check to see if I had any attachments stored, but I don't. Again, I don't show this with IE, nor do I have problems with anything else using IE. I'm at a loss, lol. I prefer using FF, but until today, no problems on UM.

Thanx.

No problem, let me know if you run in to any other difficulties.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say I have always enjoyed this site but this update makes it one of the best I have seen. Excellent job!!