Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

'Beer' among toddler's first words

Still Waters
'Beer', 'cat' and 'Hoover' are among the more unusual first words spoken by children, according to figures from a national poll.

'Dadda' beats 'Mamma' as the most common first spoken word, according to the survey, which also found 95 per cent of parents remember their child’s first word and the most common age for children to start to speak is between 10 and 11 months.

It also found that almost one in six children have problems learning to talk, with boys facing more difficulties than girls.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Admiral Danger

all they need to do now is put them in a sentence :D

Barnacle Battlefront

My first word was '****', I use to try and copy my father as often as possible. He's a mechanic and often swore at home. He stopped after that. Officially, my mum put something else as my first word, can't remember what though

~Onyx~

I can think if worse things that a child could be taught to say to "accompany" the word beer.

tcgram

I can think if worse things that a child could be taught to say to "accompany" the word beer.

I have a friend whose kids's first words were associated with the fact that he went to see exotic dancers and drink every weekend. :lol: