Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

obscure hobbies

tendo

i dunno if you browse much but if you did you would find that i like to drink my friends' blood

I read. And frankly, I don't think that's obscure at all. Two reasons:

1. Until you have proof of something as silly as that, I don't believe you.

2. I drink blood, too. Just not other people's. I've always loved the taste of copper.

there is nothing compared to a kitana and lots of stealth...

One word. Silencer. Sure, they only last for about a clip and reduce accuracy, but a gun will always outmatch a sword.

2. I drink blood, too. Just not other people's. I've always loved the taste of copper.

u mean iron? human blood is iron based hemoglobin...so, u taste iron...now, horseshoe crabs on the other hand, have copper based...so it makes their blood a greenish bluish kinda color... and, drinking blood isnt that silly for a guy with fangs...especially if hes part of the 'vamp' sub-culture...they do that sumwhat frequently...

um......i like meditating??

u mean iron? human blood is iron based hemoglobin...so, u taste iron...now, horseshoe crabs on the other hand, have copper based...so it makes their blood a greenish bluish kinda color... and, drinking blood isnt that silly for a guy with fangs...especially if hes part of the 'vamp' sub-culture...they do that sumwhat frequently...

Blood is often described as tasting or smelling of copper. Don't know the science behind it, as you are correct about the iron/hemoglobin.

Dot original.gif

yeh....... huh.gif

i dunno if you browse much but if you did you would find that i like to drink my friends' blood

I read. And frankly, I don't think that's obscure at all. Two reasons:

1. Until you have proof of something as silly as that, I don't believe you.

there is nothing compared to a kitana and lots of stealth...

One word. Silencer. Sure, they only last for about a clip and reduce accuracy, but a gun will always outmatch a sword.

your right it is silly...but i haven't had any in a while...as for proof i never thought to take a picture..., maybe i will, next time

• 9 months later...

I collect movie tickets

I have way too many hobbies and none of them are really obscure. I collect weird glass perfume bottles, do medieval/tapestry embroidery, breed tetras (fish) - though frankly they do most of the work themselves), read a lot, write a lot, go to every Ren Faire I can find, and build/paint fairy/gnome houses.

My wife and I collect firearms and together we also collect "Adult Toys".

We now own 10 hand guns and rifles. Our adult toy collection now is up to approx. 25 items.

purplos..how do you make these fairy houses? i want to make something. i dont really have a hobby thats obscure or weird or whatever. my only hobbies are dancing, reading, oh i used to make fairy dolls though. make their clothes and hair. i got tired of it but you know maybe i will start that again. yeah. i really think i might. me, hot glue gun and some fabric and that doll hair. id love to make fairy houses to go with them. original.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i am the worlds best flaming hula hoop dancer.

That's a pretty obscure hobby i suppose, gaining noteriety.

But i still got some tricks NONE of these younguns can do, and moxy a shizza load of moxy!

i collect movie tickets too....my oldest one is of home alone

i also enjoy handcuffs and ropes -=x

i also collect those "import racer" 1:18 scale modified cars as well as the DUB series

but my most obscure hobby i think would be when i get bored i play with my hair...and i dont even have long hair...its actually fairly short

hmmm....weird hobbies....

I read books about anything that looks interesting. Obsessively.

Right now, I have one called "the Idiot's Guide to Latin". My hubby was like, "it's a dead language." but now that I think about it, he was all into that stage I had where I was learning Ancient Egyptian. Far as I know, that language is even "deader", if that's possible. He even wanted to find gold body paint for me during Halloween, since I had an outfit to wear already. Too much "Mummy".

Umm...other than that...oh, I collect movie stubs, too. Though I haven't been to the movies in more than a year now, so....

Oh, I make jewelry with my Indian bead-loom. I have to get more beads, tho, cuz my kids dumped them all over the floor and I had to vacuum them all up. I think there's some still in my carpet...

One more thing...documentaries are AWESOME! I don't have cable, but when I DO get to see some, I watch them to seriously learn as well.

~Scarlet~

My Grandfather owned a Gem and Mineral shop and he taught me about stone cutting and Lapidary work. A few months I inherited all his rock shop stuff, an awesome collection of crystals and minerals and lapidary equipment. So i've really been into stone cutting.

this thread is to discuss those little quark hobbies we know we all have, but may not like to admit it... mine is vampirism...i admit that i like them, but, i really wanna get fangs implanted

That sounds more like a fetish.

186971[/snapback]

have to agree wtih that, weird that a human actualy like to wear fake fangs, even some real vamps dont do that, just the weirdos and psychotic ones, you arent a vampire and u take vampirism as an hobbie, that's just 2 weird, real vamps dont do it as a hobbie, its more like a need...

By the way do u just wear the fangs or u suck other ppls blood?? (i'm not making fun of u, just wanted to know plz)

Edited by Bahamut_0

• 1 month later...
one of my obsessions...which im quite ashamed of is...*deep breath in* watching documentaries...(i see one of u can empathize tongue.gif) this is getting worse...b4, i was only a casual watcher, i just watched the nature ones, then, i started to become more serious, and actually watch to learn, and the nature ones werent always on so id go to discovery health and watch the ones about physiology, then, i started to abuse it, (ex. telling others of what i learned on the programs, and sometimes being surprised that others did not know this) and now, i am a full blown addict...i know this, because i just downloaded part of a NOVA docu. on string theory off of their website...among my friends i am somewhat known as a 'freakin genius' and these docu's are the true secret behind it all...  and after watching all of these shows, and reading a brief history of time (cant wait til i get universe in a nutshell [im a total nerd...)) this is a face i see from ppl i talk to, quite often... :s9

187327[/snapback]

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif Goodness, I've got the SAME problem. My husband got me started, but he says I've taken it to a whole other level. My poor family have to go watch another Tv or play Xbox. laugh.gif

Rock on, Nova! History Channel, too.

Oh, I make jewelry with my Indian bead-loom. I have to get more beads, tho, cuz my kids dumped them all over the floor and I had to vacuum them all up. I think there's some still in my carpet...

~Scarlet~

646611[/snapback]

I used to do that. Lost a lot of beads in the rug compliments of the kids. In fact, they still sometimes find one and bring it to me saying "Here Mommy. You can bead loom again."

• 2 weeks later...

I die my hair alot so that could be considered a hobbie. I collect Flapper memrabilia from the 1920's. I also make jewlery, paint, belly dance, Download music obsessivly, and day dream.

Ajagsfairy, I daydream alllll the time. Its really annoying. I start getting images in my head and i can see whatever it is I am daydreamng about play out. Sometimes its fun heh. LOL!

I would not say this is wierd, but.. I like buying exotic plants such as Yucca's and palms, and then try to adapt them to the climate we have here. It is nothing to do with genetic engineering, but simply a case of encouraging the plants genes to make it tolerate cold weather. It is a very long process.

Basically, I put the plant out for the whole summer, however, I take the plant in on odd cold days. For Autumn, I put the plants out only for the day, and take them in at night! I never leave them out at night in Autumn and Winter during their First year in this process. In the winter, I put them out for the day (after the morning frost), and take them in before night comes.

The next year in this process, I leave the plants out full day and night, starting from the last month of spring. Towards the end of Autumn, I start taking them in before night.

The third year, however, I live them out for the rest of the year in a sheltered part of the garden where there is little wind.

This has failed a few times, but I find that when the exotic plants begin to die, and after taking them back in and putting them back out - they seem to be much more tolerant to cold weather.I have even noticed this with Cheese Plants.

Lol, I have been doing this since I was like 9-10. Back then I was considered to be a wierdo by my freinds sad.gif lol

I draw cars, compulsively. I try to draw other things, but it always turns into a car. crying.gif I'm working on my second model car (1970 Baldwin Motion Camaro), because I painted my first one badly five times, and then gave up on it.