Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buzz Aldrin told journalist he saw a UFO near

behaviour???

A Bolivian Journalist, Mr Eduardo Ascarrunz, has claimed that Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on moon, confided in him that a UFO followed the astronauts on the Apollo XI mission.

Aldrin allegedly told the journalist that 'The significance of July 20 1969 is not that man's feet touched the lunar surface but that on that day we realised that humans share the universe with other intelligent beings'.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Wookietim

• MID

• mcrom901

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are AT LEAST 50 previous threads on this topic... :rolleyes:

Several space travelers from way of NASA, claimed to have seen "things" out there, esp. on lunar trips, in deep space. Why would they lie, though some are getting up in years, none seem to be suffering from dementia and were very specific, along with recorded messages back to Houston about "things" up there with them. No it wasn't space junk, unlless "space junk" is controlled by intelligend beings. Good disguse, not as freky as a flying saucer, just harmless space junk, or is that what they really saw? NASA has a good idea, ignore it and it will go away, not hardly. I still wonder what is at Area 51, that "Deadly Force" will be used to keep folks away?

Wasn't it Mr. Aldrin who popped some fool in the mouth for saying that he never went to the moon? Found it, yup, he did.

Love it. :P

So Mr. Aldrin "confided" in this journalist? Is there ANY verification of this anywhere?

*not holding breath*

Nibs

I love that clip. :lol:

POW!!

"Buzz Aldrin - American hero punches X Files wacko".

And no, nibs, Buzz never said that to ANY reporter.

Edited by Hazzard

Whilst I was researching my Dissertation, I was fortunate enough to have a private discussion with Mr N.Armstrong (Our American readers may have heard of him).

During this he confided in me that the big secret behind the Apollo moon landing programme was that the Disney Corporation had beaten NASA to the moon and that the original shots of his 'One small step for man' were actually filmed by donald and goofy!

I have no reason to disbelieve him and I challange sceptics to say that this conversation never happened!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you see how it works children?

You make something up to give yourself 15 minutes of fame and the sceptics can't refute it as the evidence for or against doesn't exist and therefore can't be debated effectively.

In real life we call this LIE-ING can you say that word ? :unsure2:

on the internet we call it disclosure - same thing slightly different spelling.

If you get good at LIE-ING you can make a handsome living from it! :tu:

That concludes today's lesson, your homework for tonite is to make up a LIE and post it on the internet. ^_^

Ah, - simple explanation

UFO claims

In 2005, while being interviewed for a documentary titled First on the Moon: The Untold Story, Aldrin told an interviewer that they saw an unidentified flying object. Aldrin told David Morrison, an NAI Senior Scientist, that the documentary cut the crew's conclusion that they were probably seeing one of four detached spacecraft adapter panels. Their S-IVB upper stage was 6,000 miles away, but the panels were jettisoned before the S-IVB made its separation maneuver so they would closely follow the Apollo 11 spacecraft until its first midcourse correction.[34] When Aldrin appeared on The Howard Stern Show on August 15, 2007, Stern asked him about the supposed UFO sighting. Aldrin confirmed that there was no such sighting of anything deemed extraterrestrial, and said they were and are "99.9 percent" sure that the object was the detached panel.[35][36][37]

Interviewed by the Science Channel, Aldrin mentioned seeing unidentified objects, and he claims his words were taken out of context; he asked the Science Channel to clarify to viewers he did not see alien spacecraft, but they refused.[38]

Nibs

Several space travelers from way of NASA, claimed to have seen "things" out there, esp. on lunar trips, in deep space. Why would they lie, though some are getting up in years, none seem to be suffering from dementia and were very specific, along with recorded messages back to Houston about "things" up there with them. No it wasn't space junk, unlless "space junk" is controlled by intelligend beings. Good disguse, not as freky as a flying saucer, just harmless space junk, or is that what they really saw? NASA has a good idea, ignore it and it will go away, not hardly. I still wonder what is at Area 51, that "Deadly Force" will be used to keep folks away?

Ok, well we've debunked the idea that Mr. Aldrin stated he saw a ufo. Who else from NASA has publicly stated they have seen UFO's? Source??

There is a ton of junk out there.

Area 51? It is a government research area for top secret projects. SECRET. *shrug* Deadly force is used in many places by the military. This one (Area 51) just made it into urban legend zone.

Nibs

Ok, well we've debunked the idea that Mr. Aldrin stated he saw a ufo. Who else from NASA has publicly stated they have seen UFO's? Source??

There is a ton of junk out there.

It sure is, nibs...

They did see "something" a couple thousand miles out on July 16 though.

One of the SLA panels is the most likely explanation for this UFO sighting.... If there is an other explanation, my guess is that we will never know what it was.

Edited by Hazzard

Exactly.

The did see "something" a couple thousand miles out on July 16.

One of the SLA panels is the most likely explanation for this UFO sighting.... If there is an other explanation, my guess is that we will never know what it was.

It amazes me how quickly some individuals make the HHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE jump from "Oh, look, a thing." to "OMG!!!11!Aliens! Butt probes!!!"

Nibs

It amazes me how quickly some individuals make the HHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE jump from "Oh, look, a thing." to "OMG!!!11!Aliens! Butt probes!!!"

Id say that more than anything else, wishful thinking is to blame,... Yes, even with the butt-probe.

Id say that more than anything else, wishful thinking is to blame,... Yes, even with the butt-probe.

:lol:

My stupid imagination came up with something. Imagine if you will, aliens finally decide to make contact and land a ship in a public place like Central Park only to be beset by a horde of people with their butts pointed sky-ward yelling "Probe me! Me First!! Probe me first!!". The aliens, being extremely homophobic get offended and proceed to destroy the planet and everyone on it. :w00t: HAHAHA

Dark humor, I know. I just thought it was funny. You can blame saturday morning cartoons and immaturity for my imagination. :lol:

:lol:

My stupid imagination came up with something. Imagine if you will, aliens finally decide to make contact and land a ship in a public place like Central Park only to be beset by a horde of people with their butts pointed sky-ward yelling "Probe me! Me First!! Probe me first!!". The aliens, being extremely homophobic get offended and proceed to destroy the planet and everyone on it. :w00t: HAHAHA

Dark humor, I know. I just thought it was funny. You can blame saturday morning cartoons and immaturity for my imagination. :lol:

Eh, I liked it. :) Could be a good South Park episode.

Nibs

Perhaps the wishful thinking has something to do with butt probes...???

:unsure2:

It would for sure cut down on conspiracy theories if more people used Buzz's approach. I want to see some truthers punched out

care to explain why nasa will not release the photos of said sighting?

in this video buzz talks about the sighting......

in his own words...........

"there was something out there that was close enough to be observed"

"mike decided he thought he could see it in the telescope & he was able to do that and when it was in one position it had series of ellipses, but when you made it real sharp it sort of L shaped"

"obviously the three of us were not gonna blurb out, hey houston we have something moving along the side of us we dont know what it is"

now watch this next clip......

"how about those four panels"

"i got to be honest about it and either say well its detail but we saw nothing other than something that we were 99.99% was a man made object it was part of the spacecraft; but we did happen to see it and according to the technical definition of unidentified flying object, it has to fit in that category, cause there was no way for us to tell it was panel one two three or four, without bringing in the rest of the world and disturbing what the heck we were about going to the moon"

"i think it was one of the panels to very nearly the absolute certainty"

now, check this one out.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukp7azF6wGo

"i looked out & saw a star out there, but it wasn't a star, it was venus; but it kept following me all along"

"we just about could have said, look, we see a UFO out the window going along with us... you know what would have happened? the public would have gone crazy!"

"yeah, we were smart enough to say; where is the upper stage rocket? we think we might be looking at that out the window"

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=154491&st=0

:sleepy:

Edited by mcrom901

care to explain why nasa will not release the photos of said sighting?

Why should NASA have to answer to you??

Oh, I noticed that in this thread you linked to...

That you justified Sibrel's attack on Buzz Aldrin by calling Aldrin a liar.

Do you really think that Aldrin was lying?

Edited by the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

Deadly force would be used to keep unauthorized visitors out of pretty much ANY military site. Area 51 is not special in that regard.

It would for sure cut down on conspiracy theories if more people used Buzz's approach. I want to see some truthers punched out

I had a lot of respect for Aldrin before that incident and even more since. :tu:

Why should NASA have to answer to you??

thats an interesting question..... :)

surely is in line with nasa's wide interpretation of 'executive order 10501' & the definition of the term "national defense"......

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10501 - SAFEGUARDING OFFICIAL INFORMATION IN THE INTERESTS OF THE DEFENSE OF THE UNITED STATES

which according to "NASA Security Classification Criteria and Guidelines".....

1. Executive Order 10501 requires that NASA classify certain types of 'official information' in the interests of national defense. Within the context of this Handbook:

a. The term 'official information' is defined as information which is owned by, produced by, or is subject to the control of the United States Government;

b. The term 'national defense' is interpreted in a broad sense to include not only considerations of military defense but also economic and political factors having bearing on the national defense posture."

NASA Office of Defense Affairs: The First Five Years - Chapter 14 - NASA SECURITY CLASSIFICATION PROGRAM

the above linked chapter deals specifically with nasa's adoption of their own modified 'interpretations'....

and finally.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Ieof6m8vQ

Oh, I noticed that in this thread you linked to...

That you justified Sibrel's attack on Buzz Aldrin by calling Aldrin a liar.

Do you really think that Aldrin was lying?

:yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-cCjasTT8k

Who else from NASA has publicly stated they have seen UFO's? Source??

gordon cooper

I Feel a Buzz comeing on! Anyone Getting Hungry for some Deep Freezed Ribs? :rolleyes:

post-68971-12628370737_thumb.jpg

I Feel a Buzz comeing on! Anyone Getting Hungry for some Deep Freezed Ribs? :rolleyes:

I wish you were my neighbor. :)

They may not be lying... But also remember that they were flying around in an area that was (And still is) somewhat unknown. There may be a lot of things floating around between here and the moon that, on Earth, would be perfectly identifiable that when put in the context of a space mission are difficult for the human eye to recognize...

That is not to say that Aldrin and others did not see something truly odd - but we do have to exhaust the prosaic explanations before jumping to the conclusion of aliens....