Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buzz Aldrin told journalist he saw a UFO near

behaviour???

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Wookietim

• MID

• mcrom901

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MID: Do you know anything about NASA's R & D projects, or is that classified, etc.? An acquaintance of mine worked for NASA as an engineer for 30-40 years. He/she claims to have seen unknown tech that his/her team was instructed to reverse but never ask questions about.

I don't know exactly what it means to "reverse" technology.

I do know that most of the Apollo program as pertains to specifics of design and systems operations was classified for some time after the missions were over. That was national security stuff...particulars about how things worked and such. We were in a cold war at the time, and such technological particulars were American advantages in space technology...not to be leaked to the competition at the time.

To be fair, Aldrin has been sayign this to any reporter that will listen for at least two decades now... US and elsewhere.

Yes he has...and there are times I wish he would shut up about it. Far too much drama over something that was understood and dismissed 40 years ago...

I don't know exactly what it means to "reverse" technology.

Good question. I do recall some anecdotes on NASA folks being handed Soviet space tech to evaluate, but I would rather not call that reverse engineering. But some confusion could arise from that.

I do know that most of the Apollo program as pertains to specifics of design and systems operations was classified for some time after the missions were over. That was national security stuff...particulars about how things worked and such. We were in a cold war at the time, and such technological particulars were American advantages in space technology...not to be leaked to the competition at the time.

Actually, parts developed for NASA at various research labs can still be classified for various reasons, none nefarious though. Again, it is the competitive edge being protected.

Cheers,

Badeskov

And during the time Aldrin was there, there was even less. So simply assuming it was debris is a less than probable thing... Again, it's very much a possibility that what he saw was debris. But it's not exactly probable that it was...

Actually Wookie, it is highly probably that what the AS-11 crew saw was one of the SLA panels from their Saturn. This issue was resolved in 1969...

Actually gentleman - its also highly probable that the AS11 crew saw alien technology.

As in ET technology, highly unlikely. As MID already stated, themost likely cause of what they saw has already been fleshed out - countless times over. But please do elaborate why you think that it is the case that ET tech might be it.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Actually gentleman - its also highly probable that the AS11 crew saw alien technology.

I would downgrade that statement just a bit to possible but highly unlikely. Anything higher is absurd given the facts.

As in ET technology, highly unlikely. As MID already stated, themost likely cause of what they saw has already been fleshed out - countless times over. But please do elaborate why you think that it is the case that ET tech might be it.

Cheers,

Badeskov

well there's 3000 visible galaxies that we know of seen by HST, and there's reckoned 58 billion solar systems like ours in our galaxy, in our solar system there is one planet we know of (at the moment) with intelligent life (or though you wouldn't know this from some of the posts here)! So we could say that there could be 3000 x 58 billion possible planets in the right place for intelligent life to develop. Lets say that that's over optimistic, i could reduce that down by a factor of 100 times and still have a pretty safe bet that life exists somewhere else in the universe. Damn I'd put my mortgage on it! So when we humans go off planet, and see strange stuff, there is a very good likelihood it is exactly as I say alien tech.

Do you not believe that intelligent alien life exists somewhere in the universe. Yes or No?

Edited by wot big eyes Ive got

well there's 3000 visible galaxies that we know of seen by HST, and there's reckoned 58 billion solar systems like ours in our galaxy, in our solar system there is one planet we know of (at the moment) with intelligent life (or though you wouldn't know this from some of the posts here)! So we could say that there could be 3000 x 58 billion possible planets in the right place for intelligent life to develop. Lets say that that's over optimistic, i could reduce that down by a factor of 100 times and still have a pretty safe bet that life exists somewhere else in the universe. Damn I'd put my mortgage on it! So when we humans go off planet, and see strange stuff, there is a very good likelihood it is exactly as I say alien tech.

Do you not believe that intelligent alien life exists somewhere in the universe. Yes or No?

Welcome WBEIG ! Great mame there! I believe without a signal doubt Also! We are Proof that Life exsit wer are after all 100% Life and Still learning ! LoL on the Intelligent part`s.

The Grey matter is a work in progress! :wacko: Lets Eat!

post-68971-126290933275_thumb.jpg

Welcome WBEIG ! Great mame there! I believe without a signal doubt Also! We are Proof that Life exsit wer are after all 100% Life and Still learning ! LoL on the Intelligent part`s.

The Grey matter is a work in progress! :wacko: Lets Eat!

There speaks someone who sees and knows all things! Pleased t'make your acquaintance.

Just because we find that the probability of life elsewhere in the Universe is very high does not mean that it actually exists. Secondly, if it exists out there somewhere does by no means imply that it is probable that ET is here to be observed. Given what we currently know of the Universe, it is actually highly unlikely. Given what we know of the alleged sighting, it is almost certainly not ET.

It's like stating blue whales exists, then they will also be traveling through Africa down the Nile. Sorry, you have to do better than that to convince me of what they saw was ET.

Yes, I do believe that.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Just because we find that the probability of life elsewhere in the Universe is very high does not mean that it actually exists. Secondly, if it exists out there somewhere does by no means imply that it is probable that ET is here to be observed. Given what we currently know of the Universe, it is actually highly unlikely. Given what we know of the alleged sighting, it is almost certainly not ET.

It's like stating blue whales exists, then they will also be traveling through Africa down the Nile. Sorry, you have to do better than that to convince me of what they saw was ET.

Yes, I do believe that.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I know you believe that life on other planets exists Mr Badeskov, because you'd be an idiot not too. However you can talk about 'likelihoods' and things 'unlikely' for off-world phenomena, but with respect to you sir this sounds like spin, your predetermined response. As a race us humans must explore not discount the possible of other life and its our duty to consider, not discount it. Unlikely as it is in your mind or not, the possibility for sure exists. You say so yourself.

Now that we all Know E.T is a real possibility Lets Get on with our Evolution here Please!

Im thinking we need at least three Hundred more years befor any E.T`s will have anything to do with us! :rolleyes: JMO

Good question. I do recall some anecdotes on NASA folks being handed Soviet space tech to evaluate, but I would rather not call that reverse engineering. But some confusion could arise from that.

Yea Bade...

But I'd call that damned good luck more than anything else!

Actually, parts developed for NASA at various research labs can still be classified for various reasons, none nefarious though. Again, it is the competitive edge being protected.

Sure !

Competitive edge...even private companies do this sort of thing.

But back in the day...well, you know: Our stuff works this way, and we don't want them to know about any of it.

The Mission Reports from Apollo (and Gemini for that matter)and the Technical Debriefs were all CLASSIFIED for years after the events.

It protected our competitive edge...in space technology, and in natonal prestige, and in missile technology...which was, a wee bit important to the powers that were at the time!

No, it is not highly probable. It is highly unlikely that they saw anything more than man-made technology.

You don't actually have the slightest concept of the scale of the universe as we've observed it, do you?

Yes...but that hs nothing whatoever to do with what we're talking about.

Now that we all Know E.T is a real possibility Lets Get on with our Evolution here Please!

Im thinking we need at least three Hundred more years befor any E.T`s will have anything to do with us! :rolleyes: JMO

ET is a real possibility friend, this is the truth. You're thinking its three Hundred years more I'm thinking it was three hundred years less, and still happening for the right minded. Who knows for sure? Mr. Henry Deacon back in the 1700's?

You don't actually have the slightest concept of the scale of the universe as we've observed it, do you?

Yes sir, as you've observed it by HST its around 3000 "visible" galaxies. My concept of the real scale of the universe is a trillion-fold beyond that, but for the purpose of my argument I'll stick by what you have published you have observed.

Yes...but that hs nothing whatoever to do with what we're talking about.

With respect sir, Its everything to do with the subject matter of your discussion. You accept that life exists on other worlds, you have just said so. Therefore any anomaly observed by our brave astronauts cannot, repeat cannot, be considered "not" to be of alien origin. It is an obvious and distinct possibility. It is exactly that. Please enlighten my ignorance if this is incorrect. Alien presence cannot be ruled out, simply because it is said or considered to be unlikely, where there is a consensus on such life existing, (this is spin). Or perhaps the ultimate skeptical dichotomy.

To help me understand your rationale better, can you give me an idea of your odds (or probability), that a known anomaly in our solar system detected by NASA, is or is not of alien origin. (if it helps i can suggest examples, but i was thinking of something like the tower on Phobos).

With respect sir, Its everything to do with the subject matter of your discussion. You accept that life exists on other worlds, you have just said so. Therefore any anomaly observed by our brave astronauts cannot, repeat cannot, be considered "not" to be of alien origin. It is an obvious and distinct possibility. It is exactly that. Please enlighten my ignorance if this is incorrect. Alien presence cannot be ruled out, simply because it is said or considered to be unlikely, where there is a consensus on such life existing, (this is spin). Or perhaps the ultimate skeptical dichotomy.

To help me understand your rationale better, can you give me an idea of your odds (or probability), that a known anomaly in our solar system detected by NASA, is or is not of alien origin. (if it helps i can suggest examples, but i was thinking of something like the tower on Phobos).

I know this was directed to MID however I would like to interject a bit here. Nobody (to my knowledge) has claimed that intelligent aliens are impossible. I have heard it claimed that it's very unlikely that aliens are actually visiting us though, and I agree with that assessment. For one, we have no proof that aliens actually exist, nor do we have proof of alien craft or advanced alien civilizations, period. So to skip over a likely explanation (ie man made objects or space debris) in lieu of an explanation that has no tangible merit (ie advanced aliens visiting us from afar) seems like more of a leap of faith rather than an objective outlook based on the evidence available. In other words, it is more likely that what is being seen is of human origin (at least in regards to orbital sightings) than that of ET. It does not mean that ET isn't possible, just with current evidence and knowledge it appears to be very unlikely. :tu:

Edit: clarification.

Edited by Slave2Fate

I know this was directed to MID however I would like to interject a bit here. Nobody (to my knowledge) has claimed that intelligent aliens are impossible. I have heard it claimed that it's very unlikely that aliens are actually visiting us though, and I agree with that assessment. For one, we have no proof that aliens actually exist, nor do we have proof of alien craft or advanced alien civilizations, period. So to skip over a likely explanation (ie man made objects or space debris) in lieu of an explanation that has no tangible merit (ie advanced aliens visiting us from afar) seems like more of a leap of faith rather than an objective outlook based on the evidence available. In other words, it is more likely that what is being seen is of human origin (at least in regards to orbital sightings) than that of ET. It does not mean that ET isn't possible, just with current evidence and knowledge it appears to be very unlikely. :tu:

Edit: clarification.

I hear you, to you, it appears that its very unlikely, but please indulge me as i pull you up on a very important point. I never said "aliens are actually visiting us"..

I said this sir, and please do me the courtesy of reading my posts, that "any OFF-world" phenomena that our astronauts are unable explain, can logically and reasonably be considered as being 'possibly' of alien origin. This is a justified statement absolutely, and there is nothing wrong with this thinking! We cannot discount this possibility, however unlikely 'you' personally think it to be....

Can I ask you too Sir if you think that there is life on another planet in the universe other than the earth, I'm curious?

I hear you, to you, it appears that its very unlikely, but please indulge me as i pull you up on a very important point. I never said "aliens are actually visiting us"..

I said this sir, and please do me the courtesy of reading my posts, that "any OFF-world" phenomena that our astronauts are unable explain, can logically and reasonably be considered as being 'possibly' of alien origin. This is a justified statement absolutely, and there is nothing wrong with this thinking! We cannot discount this possibility, however unlikely 'you' personally think it to be....

Can I ask you too Sir if you think that there is life on another planet in the universe other than the earth, I'm curious?

I can see where you are coming from, and while it is true that something of 'alien origin' is a possibility (As I mentioned in my previous post), possibility differs greatly from probability. There are those that espouse the term 'anything is possible' however I do not think that is a realistic or objective approach. We have to temper possibility with probability in order to find the most likely explanation, even if we may never know the 'truth' of the matter. Going only by possibility it could just as easily be angels that are being seen, or cosmic fairies or some-such. This is where the probability aspect comes into play, which is more probable, man made debris, aliens, angels, cosmic fairies, or some other 'possible' explanation?

As far as life on other planets is concerned, I believe there are life forms on other planets, however I imagine that advanced alien intelligence would be a rather rare occurrence, for various reasons. Most life in my opinion would likely fall into the category of bacteria or simple forms of flora/fauna. I am with MID on this though, what is the purpose of such a question? It has little to do with the thread subject at hand. Most will agree that aliens are probable in regards to the sheer size of the universe and the number of galaxies contained within. How probable? Nobody knows yet, it would merely be a guess no matter who is putting forth the numbers.

As far as life on other planets is concerned, I believe there are life forms on other planets, however I imagine that advanced alien intelligence would be a rather rare occurrence, for various reasons. Most life in my opinion would likely fall into the category of bacteria or simple forms of flora/fauna. I am with MID on this though, what is the purpose of such a question? It has little to do with the thread subject at hand. Most will agree that aliens are probable in regards to the sheer size of the universe and the number of galaxies contained within. How probable? Nobody knows yet, it would merely be a guess no matter who is putting forth the numbers.

I tend to think of the question of ET along the same lines. Is life elsewhere in the universe possible...absolutely. Is life elsewhere in the universe probable...good probability IMO. Is life elsewhere in the universe proven...no, not yet.

I tend to think of the question of ET along the same lines. Is life elsewhere in the universe possible...absolutely. Is life elsewhere in the universe probable...good probability IMO. Is life elsewhere in the universe proven...no, not yet.

Yes Mam, this is correct. But because it ain't proven doesn't mean logically that it doesn't exist. More so when we have a consensus that it does probably. This is why it is perfectly acceptable to speculate that anomalies discovered beyond the environs of earth (where man has hardly gone at all), could have been manufactured by non-human means.

This is logical and acceptable. What's wrong with thinking a pyramid shaped anomaly on Mars could have been built by Aliens, this is good speculation as there is a real, chance it has. Or what's wrong with thinking that a UFO seen over a moon crater, is an alien craft. There is a real chance it is. Whether you people think it is probable, likely or not is just banter. There is a real possibility that it is alien.

I know you believe that life on other planets exists Mr Badeskov, because you'd be an idiot not too. However you can talk about 'likelihoods' and things 'unlikely' for off-world phenomena, but with respect to you sir this sounds like spin, your predetermined response. As a race us humans must explore not discount the possible of other life and its our duty to consider, not discount it. Unlikely as it is in your mind or not, the possibility for sure exists. You say so yourself.

Yes, it is my personal belief that life exists elsewhere in the Universe, however, that does by no means render it likely that said ET life is here. What if Einstein was correct and interstellar travel is so impractical that it is essentially impossible?

Cheers,

Badeskov