Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonology Names And Ranks Of Demons

Supernatural Hunter

Getting back onto the topic of demons ranks, I would like to point out that Azrael is perhaps the most serious I have personally had to contend with. It took upwards of 13 different exorcisms because the demon was so connected with this poor soul and it was getting incredibly violent. Blood was shed.

Also, historical figures can become demons as well. People have been possessed with the soul of Adolf Hitler and started goosestepping and demanding the elimination of the Jews. In one documented case of the Hitler demon, it targeted a young black woman just to add extra insult to injury.

so you are claiming you personally have defeated death, the grim reaper, the angle of death , Azreal

totally believing every word

also you know while hitlers troops goose stepped (as many armies still do) there are very few recorded cases of hitler himself doing it (with i think none after he left the army), so in other words the "hitler demon" was some1 who was A: ignorant thinking hitlers main form of locomotion was the goose step and B: faking it or mentally ill

the goose step was used alot in the german army as it too lots of training co-ordination and stamina

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supernatural Hunter

• Agent. Mulder

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

• Cynical Sounds

Getting back onto the topic of demons ranks, I would like to point out that Azrael is perhaps the most serious I have personally had to contend with. It took upwards of 13 different exorcisms because the demon was so connected with this poor soul and it was getting incredibly violent. Blood was shed.

Also, historical figures can become demons as well. People have been possessed with the soul of Adolf Hitler and started goosestepping and demanding the elimination of the Jews. In one documented case of the Hitler demon, it targeted a young black woman just to add extra insult to injury.

...Your Ovulus is showing.

Demons aren't real though. People are quite capable of inventing and doing evil all on thier own.

Demons aren't real though. People are quite capable of inventing and doing evil all on thier own.

Yeah quite possibly but what about the people who live very normal lifes until there possessed and then go on a killing spree can you say its a mental condition, depression or just he/she decided to

Yeah quite possibly but what about the people who live very normal lifes until there possessed and then go on a killing spree can you say its a mental condition, depression or just he/she decided to

Actually, yeah, I can.

Okay, first of all, anyone who really pulls a list off of the TAPS website really needs to figure fact from fiction. I find a lot of the stuff they produce to be sketchy at best. Granted they do know a few people that ultimately know what they are talking about (I cannot recall the names offhand, but will produce information later once I research more), TAPS in itself is not all that highly reputable.

Why does it have to be more than that? Is it because you don't want to believe that people are capable of that kind of evil or that you really believe that a demon would need a human body to commit atrocity? There are genocides happening right now in the world, and they are not the work of demons. These are the works of man, like it or not.

No, oddly enough.

edit - Well, not to many many people at least.

I couldn't agree more. There's still a few of us out here that believe.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I've Googled you and decided to register as I have a question:

Last night I had an unusual dream. One of the peculiar phenomena was that I distinctly heard a word being uttered in a very marked manner. I was given to understand that the word was actually the name of a demon (daemon), and I find this believable because the sequence gave me a very strong feeling.

Using English Spelled Pronunciation I would describe this name as:

mish-(uh)-MUN-daw

(The -uh- portion represents an indeterminate vowel, an 'a' that may or may not have been there, I am not sure.)

But if there is a name that sounds like that, it is likely to be spelt as:

Mich-mando

or

Misch(a)mando

etc.

if it is to be considered a phonetic transcription from a more ancient language (Greek, Hebrew etc.).

I have tried to Google the various spellings and the only spelling that returned something significant was "michamando"; there were about 50 results, many of them including the word "deus", however, the language seems to be Portuguese, which I do not understand.. also, "deus" may not mean "god" or "deity" in this context, so all in all it isn't much help.

Does anyone know whether there is a demon name that sounds like that?

Thanks!

P.S. I am known to speak languages I have never studied while asleep, which I find reason enough to consider my dreams important..

me chamando means "calling me". It's pronounced like "Michamando".

Also, For the Original Poster, I'm surprised that I didn't see the demon Morax, there.

well, actually for those saying this was taken from taps. that list was actually copied _by_ taps. alester crowly attempted to summon a number of these demons, and a lot of them have roots in coptic egypt. some of these also came from a man who claimed that angels and demons both came to him and taught him their languege. so no, taps did not fabricate the list. at least a part of it has been around since the early 13th century.

I think that earlier Mulder ment THIS instead of 4th edition Monster Manual.

Demons and lists of them, summoning them etc. are one thing impossible to believe for a person like me. I am curious though, where did those names came from? How the original writers did get the names, ranks etc.? It sounds just too fictious to be real information.

I have a book on Demonology. There's a lot more to do with those demons that can't be summed up in one sentence. They all have a rich history. But that's cool, and thanks for sharing. :) Astaroth is one of my favorite demons, actually I am trying to write a novel about that demon.

EDIT: to the OP

Edited by Disembodied Voice

Good Point.

Whether demons are real or not I still find demon lore very interesting.

The Lore is The Lesser Key of Solomon.

It has endured throughout time, and perhaps there is truth to it?

I understand being rational - but how can you see the most beautiful abstract things if your mind is closed?

I am curious though, where did those names came from? How the original writers did get the names, ranks etc.?

Many of the names in the original post, such as Lilith, Leviathan, Baal, Samael, Azazel, Beelzebub, Baalberith are found in the Bible or in Hebrew lore. Their names were often borrowed from the gods or spirits of other, pagan tribes. "Baal'zebub" is "lord of the flies". "Baal'berith" is "lord of the convenant. Astaroth is the demonized form of the Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar/Astarte.

The rest of the names seem to be taken from the Lesser Key of Solomon (not sure where many of those originally came from), and there is also Mephistopheles, from Goethe's Faust.

me chamando means "calling me". It's pronounced like "Michamando".

Thanks, 'Arpee'.

So, I see now that all those (Brasilian) Portuguese Google results were not a coincidence.. I know that in Spanish this would be "me llama", and "ll" is sounded like the English "sh" in South America, but... apart from my general linguistic curiosity and a few holidays spent in Spain, my spiritual connection with the "Latino" world is weak.

My mind, both conscious and subconscious, is preocupied with the Far East, and I speak a couple of Asian languages much more fluently than Portuguese or Spanish, so I would expect any dream-discourse of such an important nature to be conducted in one of those languages..

Regardless of whether demons are 'real' or not, I have very REAL problems with them, and this dream was REALLY peculiar, but the communication in Portuguese seems so .. random. I'm confused.

Also, a bit disappointed that the actual name was not disclosed, that what seemed to be the name of a demon was just something about 'calling' -- except, of course, if "me chamando" can mean something like "my name is"!? In that case the dream might have been cut short just as the actual name was coming up.. that would make sense.

(BTW, I only noticed now that there have been replies to the thread. I thought I was supposed to receive notifications, but I haven't. Also, Google seems to take a very long time to index this forum??)

Let's just say that, as a skeptic, I have never seen any evidence that convinced me that "demons" are anything other than fictitious, mythological personages invented by religious people to frighten others into accepting their equally unsupported beliefs.

amen (pun intended) :P