Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Echoes of Denmark? Tea baggers send

Ryinrea

An award-winning California-based political cartoonist says he is receiving death threats over a 90-second animated film he created that teaches viewers "how to speak Tea Bag.

arrow3.gifRead more...

For your, enjoyment I have found the video in question. I for one thought it was an amusing video myself.

Edited by Ryinrea

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• BlindMessiah

• The Silver Thong

• preacherman76

I believe that video resonance pretty well with this one as well.

The response from the conservatives where kinda mixed on this one since some didnt get the point of what they meant by making this video:

-"Yeah I agree with that,..... yeah,that too.... yeah I think so too,..yeah..that too..that also....whats the fuss all about?"

Other saw its like a slander of some sorts but where unsure to pinpoint what they saw as slander.

;)

Just curious... OP

What does 'Echoes of Denmark' mean?

Remember that guy from Denmark that drew a cartoon of Mohammad with a bomb in his turban ;) That dude needs security 24/7. All due to a cartoon and peoples belief in a nothing that will save them.

The response from the conservatives where kinda mixed on this one since some didnt get the point of what they meant by making this video:

-"Yeah I agree with that,..... yeah,that too.... yeah I think so too,..yeah..that too..that also....whats the fuss all about?"

Other saw its like a slander of some sorts but where unsure to pinpoint what they saw as slander.

;)

ROlf, I am not trying to slander them. You got to admit, it was an amusing video.

;)

Just curious...

Is this video mocking Democrats or Republicans?

I ask because many of the issues the actors were talking about are identical to both party's.

Just curious...

Is this video mocking Democrats or Republicans?

I ask because many of the issues the actors were talking about are identical to both party's.

I would say its pointed to the Republicans.

The intro kinda gave it away -"I`m Voting...REPUBLICAN"

I would say its pointed to the Republicans.

The intro kinda gave it away -"I`m Voting...REPUBLICAN"

I thought the video was hilarious. Acid is asking what the differences between the parties are, and really there isn't any. Both use these same tactics and both work with each other. There is very little difference in policy from dem to repub as in a republic not a democracy one should expect.

To think the U.S. is a democracy is a bit naive.

Edited by The Silver Thong

I thought the video was hilarious. Acid is asking what the differences between the parties are, and really there isn't any. Both use these same tactics and both work with each other. There is very little difference in policy from dem to repub as in a republic not a democracy one should expect.

To think the U.S. is a democracy is a bit naive.

I too - thought the video was entertaining... I really did.

Its amazing how little money and a little bit of fame will make people do just about anything.

In some sense I can think that the conservatives talking heads are serving a purpose, as well as the liberal ones.

That is, to really crystallize the differences between parties.

The everlasting struggle is vital to keep a balance.

What The Powers That Be want are a watered-down middle stream with no opposing forces.

In some sense this could/would be an Utopia, but only if the intentions are good, and there are not some underlying agenda for some other overwhelming reconstruction.

The only way a government like this could work is if it has total transparency to avoid corruption and hidden agendas.

For your, enjoyment I have found the video in question. I for one thought it was an amusing video myself.

Very funny :lol:, and sad at the same time because people really are this gullible and stupid :wacko:

Can a mod please do something about all this "teabagging" stuff? I never thought UM would be filled with such language.

Can a mod please do something about all this "teabagging" stuff? I never thought UM would be filled with such language.

:rolleyes:

Cry me a river! It is the Tea parties fault for using tea bags as their symbols.

It depends on who the post or topic is attacking. if its attacking conservitives or America then they seem to not have a problem with it. just start something against the U.K. and you will see what I mean.

Nevertheless, such language shouldn't be used so widely on this forum. I'm sure someone would complain if I kept using such sexual terms in my posts and threads.

Nevertheless, such language shouldn't be used so widely on this forum. I'm sure someone would complain if I kept using such sexual terms in my posts and threads.

No doubt, google would pick up the words and it could index the site in only unfiltered searches and the traffic would drop. I'm not sure how the rules would apply to links to other sites.

:rolleyes:

Cry me a river! It is the Tea parties fault for using tea bags as their symbols.

I've heard them referred to as douche bagger's before, so maybe that would be a more fitting term for them ;)

There is no doubt that the term is derogatory but it is now a known term that will be part of main stream language. It's a huge gaff brought on by themselves. Don't cry fowl LOL. As I remeber the terms used for Clinton when he go a BJ were none to kind.

Edited by The Silver Thong

No, that's not it. It's annoying having to read the T word every day, but this isn't about me. UM is a forum with countless children. Heaven forbid one of them comes across the T word. All I'm saying is, it's probably against the rules to use such sexual terms.

No, that's not it. It's annoying having to read the T word every day, but this isn't about me. UM is a forum with countless children. Heaven forbid one of them comes across the T word. All I'm saying is, it's probably against the rules to use such sexual terms.

Ok thats fine that the term upsets you but I bet any 12 year old could stun you with there words regarding anything but politics. PG-13 means little these days.

Oh please.....most people don't even know what the term means, and I'm sure kids see a lot worse than the word Tea Partier when they are online :rolleyes:

Edited by Kim81

Well, yes, Kim, they don't know what it means. But when children hear such terms, they use them all the time, regardless of whether they know what they really mean. So your argument is void.

Many people here find the term offensive, childish, and down right gross. Seems to me when that happenens action should be taken on those who continue to use it. I know I wouldnt use a term over and over if people were telling me they were offended by it. But then, people need alittle class to figure out such a thing. Thats to much to ask of some folks here.

And yet... I'm so sure if those on the other side of your ideals had a party with a name that can be used like this (Tea Partiers) you'd be using it. Seriously, grow a thicker skin. Think of it like this.. people should learn from this and not pick a name that can be used in such a "oh so offensive" way.

Come on.. how could they *not* of seen this coming?