Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

'Bodies' exhibition accused of putting

Still Waters
The bodies of executed Chinese prisoners are being used in a ghoulish exhibition of ‘plastinated’ corpses, it was claimed last night.

Human rights activist Dr David Nicholl is demanding the Human Tissue Authority – which granted a licence for the Bodies Revealed show in Birmingham – should shut it down because it is a ‘crime scene’.

The controversial event is organised by US-based Premier Exhibitions, which insists all the cadavers came from individuals who chose to donate their bodies to medical science.

But Dr Nicholl, a consultant at Birmingham City Hospital, says he is convinced the body parts – preserved in polymer – come from executed Chinese prisoners or victims of torture.

He accused the organisers of taking ‘blood money’ by charging a £14 entrance fee for the show.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Piney

This is old news. It was exposed on several American Indian forums. The reason it was moved out of Atlantic City, New Jersey in such a hurry is because Quaker and American Indian activist were protesting it.

This exhibit is disgusting. Not only were many executed because they disagreed with their government but then having the indignity of their bodies becoming cheap art displays is inhuman. Nazis were executed for less. :hmm:

Lapiche

MARAB0D

I am not a Quaker and not an American Indian, but I would recommend to seal this nazi doctor alive in concrete for this "art".

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Really? I went to that exhibition while I was in Las Vegas. I thought it was a great educational thing. It was similar to what you might find in the Mutter museum, IMO. You can see an entire human system as it actually is. . .one display was a human system of veins. To say it was amazing is an understatement.

They had several scientists on hand which went into very great detail about the human body and the many different aspects of it. It was nothing about "art" at all. It was about exposing the public to the wonders and complexities of the human body. Not one time did anyone mention that it was an "art" show. I still have the brochure. . .and, nope, nothing said about art. You might as well say the Mutter Museum is an art museum. :rolleyes:

Nothing ghoulish or controversial about it at all. . .unless you're the type of person that thinks your body is creepy. :wacko:

I'm not sure if what the Dr. in the article said was true, but in Las Vegas we had a scientist explain to us what steps you went through to get your body donated as the people in the exhibition did. It may be true, I suppose, but I guess we'll see.

MARAB0D

Really? I went to that exhibition while I was in Las Vegas. I thought it was a great educational thing. It was similar to what you might find in the Mutter museum, IMO. You can see an entire human system as it actually is. . .one display was a human system of veins. To say it was amazing is an understatement.

They had several scientists on hand which went into very great detail about the human body and the many different aspects of it. It was nothing about "art" at all. It was about exposing the public to the wonders and complexities of the human body. Not one time did anyone mention that it was an "art" show. I still have the brochure. . .and, nope, nothing said about art. You might as well say the Mutter Museum is an art museum. :rolleyes:

Nothing ghoulish or controversial about it at all. . .unless you're the type of person that thinks your body is creepy. :wacko:

I'm not sure if what the Dr. in the article said was true, but in Las Vegas we had a scientist explain to us what steps you went through to get your body donated as the people in the exhibition did. It may be true, I suppose, but I guess we'll see.

Really! When last year this exhibition was visiting Israel, a woman recognised her lost love, skinned and plasticised, except the p... on which he had a tattoo of her name... After they parted, he drank himself to death, as it became known afterwards, but for start the ambulance took her to hospital. This all reminds those lamp shades made of human skin.

Piney

:blink: It's ghoulish and controversial if you didn't voluntarily give up your body and LIFE to be a "exhibit". :no: Sorry, I grew up in culture where you respect the dead. Donating your body and organs is one thing. This is something else.

Would you make your parents into a lamp shade and book cover???? :rolleyes:

Lapiche

MARAB0D

:blink: It's ghoulish and controversial if you didn't voluntarily give up your body and LIFE to be a "exhibit". :no: Sorry, I grew up in culture where you respect the dead. Donating your body and organs is one thing. This is something else.

Lapiche

Someone behind the scenes must be pushing forwards a project, targeting to make the public used to the appearance of the skinned bodies... I wonder why? In 1930s Hitler-Jugend children were taught to kill the rabbits with a knife (probably Roman Pope too!) for them to get used to fresh blood.

Drj312

is there any proof of this?

MARAB0D

of what "this"?

Drj312

of them using the bodies of executed chinese prisoners

MARAB0D

of them using the bodies of executed chinese prisoners

I doubt so, as those are immediately dismantled for organs. Rather they trick people in disaster and buy their bodies upfront for peanuts.

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Lapiche

Which is why I pointed out that the article MAY be true. But, as of this moment, there is no evidence of that. Innocent until proven guilty, remember? It will become ghoulish when it is proven that these people did NOT donate their bodies. Until then, I would advise people to refrain from calling a scientific exhibition a morbid art project.

As of right now it is an exhibition which gives the common person the chance to see things which they would have, otherwise, not been able to see. . .to give them a better understanding of how amazing the human body is.

Even if it DOES turn out to be true. . .I can understand the horror that would come from it. . .but at the same time, these people, whose lives were cruelly taken from them, are now part of a great thing. I may be the only one who believes this, but if I were to die at the hand of someone else, in a terrible fashion, I wouldn't mind my body going on to do good work. In fact, I'd be dead, so I probably wouldn't really give two cents about what happened to my body. Like I said, maybe its just me. . .

Think of all the medical and scientific breakthroughs that were achieved through examining corpses, which had to be robbed from graves due to circumstances. If my mother had become one of the corpses displayed in such an exhibition, I would be proud. Because though she was no longer alive, her body would be inspiring and educating numerous people. That would be, in my mind, a very respectful and high achievement. . . I just want to make my point of view clear before everyone starts to attack me. :ph34r:

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Lapiche

And I must add. . .They did not give up their life for the exhibition. Their life was taken under different circumstances. By the time their body reached this point, the life was far gone. More than likely, upon death, these people had no thought of what would happen to their body. . .or, at most, they assumed their body would be tossed in a body pit and burned. Even you would have to admit, being a part of this "show" is a far greater achievement than they could have expected, considering their demise.

By playing down this "exhibit" I believe you are being very one dimensional. Its not just an "exhibit". I believe the only way you could understand the impact it has would be for you to see it yourself. It brings a whole new level of respect and wonder to the human body. Such a thing can not be minimized into a condescending remark.

MARAB0D

It is rather strange that the Pope, who feels so much concerned about stem cell research, did not say his opinions about these travelling cadavers. I guess he may not even know, as the good catholics hardly go to such freak-shows.