Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It Rained Blood but no front page

Lander7

Does anyone else find it strange that it rained blood in India for over a month but none of the main stream news organizations reported on it? Is it just me or is there something going on world wide?

I'm starting to think that the world is driving while texting.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lander7

• xCrimsonx

• Cynical Sounds

• jholland

Yeah,but it wasn't blood.

Are you referring to the Red Rain in Kerala? Because that was reported by the mainstream news.

Scientist confirmed it was blood and I see balloon boy on TV every five minutes but never once saw this news report. O.o

Does anyone else find it strange that it rained blood in India for over a month but none of the main stream news organizations reported on it? Is it just me or is there something going on world wide?

Video can be seen on www.thinkonyourown.com under “unknown”

I'm starting to think that the world is driving while texting.

Oh I saw that too!

Didn't the East Indian scientists say that the red rain contained some

unknown form of life?

And the people in India thought it was the end of the world..very - very strange!

Drunk rednecks finally did it. They shot upwards so many times, they eventually shot God.

Who says there can't be rednecks in India?

Oh I saw that too!

unknown form of life?

And the people in India thought it was the end of the world..very - very strange!

It is strange and even stranger that it didn't make full front page press world wide.

lol. No.

"The color was found to be due to the presence of a large amount of spores of a lichen-forming alga belonging to the genus Trentepohlia. Field verification showed that the region had plenty of such lichens. Samples of lichen taken from Changanacherry, when cultured in an algal medium, also showed the presence of the same species of algae. Both samples (from rainwater and from trees) produced the same kind of algae, indicating that the spores seen in the rainwater most probably came from local sources."

And further happenings..

"Reports indicated that on August 21, 2007 red colored rainfall occurred in a few places in the northern part of Kozhikode district. Places around Vadakara, a municipality in Kozhikode district, which is 50 kilometers (31 miles) northward of Kozhikode town witnessed this phenomenon. The Center for Water Resources Development and Management (CWRDM) an Indian government agency, was reported to be awaiting samples for examination.[34]

A possibly related incident occurred in February 2008 when small fish started raining down during heavy rain in a village in Kerala"

Source; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_rain_in_Kerala

http://sify.com/news/fish-rain-takes-villagers-by-surprise-news-national-jegmCQdbbdj.html

Edited by jholland

lol. No.

Just a thought, and some info! Yes! lol :P

Just a thought, and some info! Yes! lol :P

Sorry, it took me an extra minute to find the proper information to post it. Fixed for you :)

Sorry, it took me an extra minute to find the proper information to post it. Fixed for you :)

You rock. Thankies, I read about It before tis very interesting. Just aslong as those Trentepohlia don't get in my hair. Eeeew icky lil things. Id be the first to run for cover. :ph34r: :tu:

Scientist confirmed it was blood and I see balloon boy on TV every five minutes but never once saw this news report. O.o

Scientists confirmed no such thing. The alleged "blood" was a coloring due to the presence of a huge amount of spores from a lichen-forming alga belonging to the genus Trentepohlia. And this did hit the news, well at least where I live.

Edited by TheSearcher

Oh I saw that too!

unknown form of life?

I think your confusing the new red rain with the 2001 red rain where it was proposed an unidentified microbe cause it until TBGRI managed to culture some proving it was an alga

its happened again in 2007

it got a couple of small mentions on news sites but its hardly "news" now

Edited by Spend

I think your confusing the new red rain with the 2001 red rain where it was proposed an unidentified microbe cause it until TBGRI managed to culture some proving it was an alga

its happened again in 2007

it got a couple of small mentions on news sites but its hardly "news" now

The green algal order Trentepohliales (Chlorophyta) consists of a single family, the Trentepohliaceae, with six genera. These algae are not aquatic, but rather subaerial, growing on humid soil, rocks, buildings, tree bark (Fig. 1), leaves, stems, and fruit. Some species are endophytic or parasitic (Fig. 2), whereas others grow in close association with fungi, forming lichens (Chapman and Good 1983, Chapman and Waters 2002). The cells are uni- or multinucleate, with several parietal chloroplasts that can be discoid or band-shaped, sometimes appearing reticulate. Most trentepohlialean genera develop a filamentous structure that forms either uniseriated, branched, erect tufts (Fig. 3) or laterally coherent, prostrate discs (Fig. 4). Others are highly reduced and produce only a short vegetative filament a few cells in length. Reproduction occurs by asexual quadriflagellate zoospores or sexual biflagellate gametes. (Bourrelly 1966, Chapman 1984, Silva 1982, Sluiman 1989, O'Kelly and Floyd 1990).

Unlike these cells, the ones found in India do not have DNA. They are not the same.

The green algal order Trentepohliales (Chlorophyta) consists of a single family, the Trentepohliaceae, with six genera. These algae are not aquatic, but rather subaerial, growing on humid soil, rocks, buildings, tree bark (Fig. 1), leaves, stems, and fruit. Some species are endophytic or parasitic (Fig. 2), whereas others grow in close association with fungi, forming lichens (Chapman and Good 1983, Chapman and Waters 2002). The cells are uni- or multinucleate, with several parietal chloroplasts that can be discoid or band-shaped, sometimes appearing reticulate. Most trentepohlialean genera develop a filamentous structure that forms either uniseriated, branched, erect tufts (Fig. 3) or laterally coherent, prostrate discs (Fig. 4). Others are highly reduced and produce only a short vegetative filament a few cells in length. Reproduction occurs by asexual quadriflagellate zoospores or sexual biflagellate gametes. (Bourrelly 1966, Chapman 1984, Silva 1982, Sluiman 1989, O'Kelly and Floyd 1990).

Unlike these cells, the ones found in India do not have DNA. They are not the same.

ummmmm yeah its green except in the common circumstances when it associates with fungi of the genera's Graphis, Graphina, Gyalecta and Opegrapha where their red or orange colouration masks the green.

the no DNA hypothesis (note the word hypothesis)was suggested by Dr. Godfrey Louis after an ethidium bromide based test which suggested a lack of DNA it was never proved as fact and was later to be proved wrong.

here is a copy the report from TBGRI http://web.archive.org/web/20060613135746/http://www.geocities.com/iamgoddard/Sampath2001.pdf ........ I know those scientists and there proof crazy isn't it clearly better to based you ideas on faulty and inconclusive science and hearsay

ummmmm yeah its green except in the common circumstances when it associates with fungi of the genera's Graphis, Graphina, Gyalecta and Opegrapha where their red or orange colouration masks the green.

the no DNA hypothesis (note the word hypothesis)was suggested by Dr. Godfrey Louis after an ethidium bromide based test which suggested a lack of DNA it was never proved as fact and was later to be proved wrong.

here is a copy the report from TBGRI http://web.archive.org/web/20060613135746/http://www.geocities.com/iamgoddard/Sampath2001.pdf ........ I know those scientists and there proof crazy isn't it clearly better to based you ideas on faulty and inconclusive science and hearsay

haha! Told!

You rock. Thankies, I read about It before tis very interesting. Just aslong as those Trentepohlia don't get in my hair. Eeeew icky lil things. Id be the first to run for cover. :ph34r: :tu:

But it would make you RED!!?