Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egypt discovers workers' tombs near pyramids

behaviour???

Egyptian archaeologists discovered a new set of tombs belonging to the workers who built the great pyramids, shedding light on how the laborers lived and ate more than 4,000 years ago, the antiquities department said Sunday.

The thousands of men who built the last remaining wonder of the ancient world ate meat regularly, worked in three months shifts and were given the honor of being buried in mud brick tombs within the shadow of the sacred pyramids they worked on.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

Well...there goes the theory that aliens built the pyramids. :rolleyes:

Just because there were common folk buried at Giza?

Nah, the aliens needed someone to cook the leeks and carrots and

to wipe the sand and dust from the antigravity transducers. Of course

there were humans at Giza, it's absurds to think otherwise.

;)

• Confused 1

This is sort of old news, seems like a decent amount of old material has been gone over again recently-ish.

The information is 20 years old, seems like zahi hawass need a popularity boost, or a shot of publicity...

Egypt displayed on Monday newly discovered tombs more than 4,000 years old and said they belonged to people who worked on the Great Pyramids of Giza, putting the discovery forth as more evidence that slaves did not build the ancient monuments.

arrow3.gifRead more...

This thread comes from an offshoot to my previous thread

Thanks

B???

The information is 20 years old, seems like zahi hawass need a popularity boost, or a shot of publicity...

Most Americans believe that slaves built the pyramids, and currently Hawass is working with the UN towards getting artifacts he feels rightfully belongs to Egypt returned, he doesn't need much publicity.

yeah, Atleast we Know that.Putting end to years old long debate

Thanks

B???

Not slaves, kinda blows the whole Moses story out of the water.

This is sort of old news, seems like a decent amount of old material has been gone over again recently-ish.

I recall reading that about a year or so ago and it was not new news then either. It is not clear to me why it has resurfaced.

Not really. There may well have been Hebrew slaves just not ones that built pyramids.

So not for our alien overlords then?? :innocent:

Consider if it was free workers, or paid workers.... who worked for them? were they contractors using slaves themselves. Oh and the aliens only enginerred the whole thing from ubove. The guys with the plans never get thier hands dirty?

In the 1970s Israel’s Prime Minster Menachem Begin made a public claim that the ancient Israelites (who were enslaved in Egypt) were forced as slaves to work on the building of the pyramids.

That claim outraged Egyptian archeologists, and caused a big hulla-baloo in the Cairo media at that time.

Now it looks as if that “urban legend” has been laid to rest. :tu:

Are you all unfamiliar with the stories that Moses was Pharaoh Akhenaton and that hes was expelled from Egypt?

It goes further with the suggestion that the problems that we are having today are the result of long term revenge.

You must have some threads on it here.

I just have not checked.

Are you all unfamiliar with the stories that Moses was Pharaoh Akhenaton and that hes was expelled from Egypt?

It goes further with the suggestion that the problems that we are having today are the result of long term revenge.

You must have some threads on it here.

I just have not checked.

I have never read anything about Akhenaton and Moses being the same person. There are references to Akhenaton being a monotheist though.

There is not a single shred of archeological evidence that said Mr. Moses existed.

In the 1970s Israels Prime Minster Menachem Begin made a public claim that the ancient Israelites (who were enslaved in Egypt) were forced as slaves to work on the building of the pyramids.

That claim outraged Egyptian archeologists, and caused a big hulla-baloo in the Cairo media at that time.

Now it looks as if that urban legend has been laid to rest. :tu:

Considering that the earliest reference to Israel is from the Merneptah Stele, that urban legend/historical fiction should have been dead-on-arrival. Events from the Merneptah Stele were more than 1000 years after the pyramids of Giza.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

Topics merged - both are about slaves/pyramids.

I have never read anything about Akhenaton and Moses being the same person. There are references to Akhenaton being a monotheist though.

Akhenaton was a real person and yes, he instated a monotheist religion (after a fashion anyway) as state religion. This only lasted till economy and politics went pear shaped, he was then removed by the remaining clergy and officials and replaced with his son, who promptly reinstated the old religion and had his father erased (or nearly) from history.

Moses is a character in a story, not real.

Actually, at the time of the Pyramid construction, Hebrews did not exist as a seperate and distinct people, yet. The ones that lived in Egypt at that time were known as the Hyskos, and were a major part of Egyptian culture. They eventually wound up in control of most of Lower Egypt, and were ousted by 18th Dynasty Pharoah Amhose I. It is this event that spawned the tale of the Exodus, written hundreds of years later, after the Hebrews became a distinct, and wandering race.

Actually, at the time of the Pyramid construction, Hebrews did not exist as a seperate and distinct people, yet. The ones that lived in Egypt at that time were known as the Hyskos, and were a major part of Egyptian culture. They eventually wound up in control of most of Lower Egypt, and were ousted by 18th Dynasty Pharoah Amhose I. It is this event that spawned the tale of the Exodus, written hundreds of years later, after the Hebrews became a distinct, and wandering race.

This makes quite a lot of sense actually. I never made the association between that event and the exodus story. Nice thinking.

Thats the exact same thing I first thought of when I read this article. :alien::blink:

Thats the exact same thing I first thought of when I read this article. :alien::blink:

The fact that a few people died while the pyramids were built hardly

proves that some or most of the work wasn't done by aliens. It's not

like any of these graves contained a plaque stating that they or any-

one else dragged any stones up ramps. The fact is that the builders

said that the Gods built the pyramids. Maybe the same Gods had death

rays that were used on anyone that got in their way.

The fact that there are graves proves only that there were some dead

people at Giza. Sibnce this is widely accepted as being a cemetary,

even a necropolis (a city of the dead), this can hardly be surprising

or proof of anything except, perhaps, that the people were well cared

for or allowed to take good care of themselves...

...at least till they ticked off the alien overlords.

• Confused 1