Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California Marriage Amendment to be decided

Karlis

It's Segregation with words.

Straights get to be married and have weddings and be husbands and wives.

Gays get to be 'civil unioned' and have "civil unioned ceremonies/party" and get to be 'partners'.

Different terms that describe exactly the same thing.

Those are words, and it's not about what the union or the party afterwards is called, period.

I honestly think it's about having the same benefits, of insurance, tax breaks, estate issues.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

• preacherman76

• HerNibs

Its true that gay folks, or more the gay agenda, would like to force acceptance in every corner they can find. Thats where alot of this concern comes from. All it would take is one left wing judge, and a entire state might find that they are no longer allowed to worship as they see fit. A bible believeing church would have no choice but to close, if either they could no longer be tax exempt, or were forced to perform gay marrages.

I don't see anywhere, in any way or form, any Church being forced to marry a gay couple. Ever. Can you show ONE instance of that? One bit of information that would lead anyone to believe that anyone would be forced to wed a couple in the name of God, in a Church? It's not true. You can say it all you want, but I have never seen or heard of this eventuality. Its' a non-issue, and it's used to scare church-goers into believing they will be FORCED by law to sit with homosexuals in Church and watch them get married and have gay-sex on the alter. It's stupid and absurd.

I think the main issue with the gay marriage opponents is the "marriage" part. I think if the gays were to have something similar to marriage, but not called marriage, every body would be fine with it.

that's just it!!!!!...the deffacto relationship.....be it a gay relationship or straight...is still to this day shunned upon by society.........so logically...shouldn't we all have the right to be in a relationship that that we as individuals are happy with :hmm:

individual opinions are what make society!!!!........so in reality......it is us as individuals that have to work together to make society as a whole change :)

no offence intended......i have noticed on this awesome site......a lot of the attitude *if you can't baffle them with brilliance........baffle them with b ullshit* :hmm:

Actually though the BS is coming from those who support using the Courts to force society to promote gay relationships without allowing the people to have the right to representation on the issue. Who is trying to stop anyone from forming a commitment or having a relationship with anyone? It is BS that anyone is calling for that. The BS is to claim that society has to treat homosexual behavior as being equal to heterosexual behavior and the people should have no say on the issue.

Actually though the BS is coming from those who support using the Courts to force society to promote gay relationships without allowing the people to have the right to representation on the issue. Who is trying to stop anyone from forming a commitment or having a relationship with anyone? It is BS that anyone is calling for that. The BS is to claim that society has to treat homosexual behavior as being equal to heterosexual behavior and the people should have no say on the issue.

A-HA!

So tell me, QUICKLY and CLEARLY!!! HOW are you saying these relationships are being promoted, or how do you think they will be forced to be promoted?

And, please explain what you mean by "homosexual behavior!! I'm begging you! And in addition, elaborate on how you think anyone is being forced or will be forced to treat these two "behaviors" equally. WHAT BEHAVIOR!!??!! What is homosexual behavior, what is heterosexual behavior, and WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE! If you have no answer, There is NO debate! And no one wants to answer that damn question!

A-HA!

So tell me, QUICKLY and CLEARLY!!! HOW are you saying these relationships are being promoted, or how do you think they will be forced to be promoted?

And, please explain what you mean by "homosexual behavior!! I'm begging you! And in addition, elaborate on how you think anyone is being forced or will be forced to treat these two "behaviors" equally. WHAT BEHAVIOR!!??!! What is homosexual behavior, what is heterosexual behavior, and WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE! If you have no answer, There is NO debate! And no one wants to answer that damn question!

I have spoken clearly and have throughout the thread. If you do not know the definition of some words then look them up. Homosexual behavior is already being promoted as normal to kids in schools, businesses are being sued for not treating it as equal to heterosexuality, etc… If you do not know the difference between homosexual and heterosexual behavior then use a search engine to try and learn the differences.

I have spoken clearly and have throughout the thread. If you do not know the definition of some words then look them up. Homosexual behavior is already being promoted as normal to kids in schools, businesses are being sued for not treating it as equal to heterosexuality, etc… If you do not know the difference between homosexual and heterosexual behavior then use a search engine to try and learn the differences.

That is far from an answer to the question and now you are making baseless claims. How can you say a business should refuse homosexuals and you jump up an down claiming your all about equal rights. Ridiculous and now I feel a little ill reading your post. If this offends you to damn bad...

Nooooooooo!!!

This is INSANE!

So, you don't agree with the "behavior"...do you mean homosexual sexual behavior, or their swishy walks and lisps?

Come on!

Is it oral sex? Is that offensive? What is it? Is it because the Bible says man shall not lay with man? Are you basing your feeling here on religion, science, gut instinct? Or is it something else?

You have spoken clearly, but not ONCE have you explained WHAT behavior you do not agree with! If you think otherwise, or believe I am mistaken, PLEASE correct me!

Nooooooooo!!!

This is INSANE!

So, you don't agree with the "behavior"...do you mean homosexual sexual behavior, or their swishy walks and lisps?

Come on!

Is it oral sex? Is that offensive? What is it? Is it because the Bible says man shall not lay with man? Are you basing your feeling here on religion, science, gut instinct? Or is it something else?

You have spoken clearly, but not ONCE have you explained WHAT behavior you do not agree with! If you think otherwise, or believe I am mistaken, PLEASE correct me!

"the Bible says man shall not lay with man?"

Yes the bible says that but if you flip the page so to speak it also says to stone your disobedient children. Why is it some like to pick what they want to take literaly from the bible and then for some reason have this hollier than thou feel about it. It's insane thats forsure and damn hypocritical.

That is far from an answer to the question and now you are making baseless claims. How can you say a business should refuse homosexuals and you jump up an down claiming your all about equal rights. Ridiculous and now I feel a little ill reading your post. If this offends you to damn bad...

What gets me is the things about promoting "it" as normal, and all that. I mean, is he saying we should tell kids in sex ed class that gay sex is bad (gay sex meaning any physical erotic intimacy between members of the same sex)?

Should we just do the basic birds and the bees, this is where babies come from? I mean that's fine with me! I don't think I need a school to explain oral or anal, or anything sexual to my children other than the basic biology and function.

What business is being sued, besides a business that excludes gays because they are gay? Do you mean that dating sight? The one that's NOT set up for same sex couples? That was a sham anyway. How can any business be effected negatively by serving homosexuals? How would you even KNOW they were gay?

He has not, and apparently will not tell me why.

:angry:

Dangit!

Nooooooooo!!!

This is INSANE!

Come on!

I have said that I do believe that homosexual behavior is a corruption of natural human sexuality. That includes the overall behavior including its public pronouncement as an identity. That has nothing to do with the bible. You seem to want a laundry list of ways that homosexual behavior is being promoted and I have given you some ways. I do not believe that businesses should have to treat homosexuality as equal to heterosexuality. Or that children should be taught that homosexuality is normal in public schools. Or that it should be given any of the same recognition or benefits under the law as marriage has, etc….

I have said that I do believe that homosexual behavior is a corruption of natural human sexuality. That includes the overall behavior including its public pronouncement as an identity. That has nothing to do with the bible. You seem to want a laundry list of ways that homosexual behavior is being promoted and I have given you some ways. I do not believe that businesses should have to treat homosexuality as equal to heterosexuality. Or that children should be taught that homosexuality is normal in public schools. Or that it should be given any of the same recognition or benefits under the law as marriage has, etc….

What about hetro's that practice some of the same sexual behavior? Without becoming too graphic, you know that men and women do all of the same things that a homosexual couple does right? If it is a behaviour that you are concerned with, what about those them?

Nibs

"the Bible says man shall not lay with man?"

Yes the bible says that but if you flip the page so to speak it also says to stone your disobedient children. Why is it some like to pick what they want to take literaly from the bible and then for some reason have this hollier than thou feel about it. It's insane thats forsure and damn hypocritical.

I understand, and I'm not even looking to get my horse in that race, I just want someone to tell me WHY they are opposed to gay marriage. That was just one of my possibilities.

I just want someone to tell me WHY they are opposed to gay marriage. That was just one of my possibilities.

You are like a kid who asks a question ‘why?’ and then when they are answered asks but ‘why’ again in regard to the answer.

Corruption how? Un-natural? Bonobos engage in homosexual behavior, is that un-natural? Or is that something else?

Yeah, I want a list. I want to understand why. Hell, I MAY agree with you!

Give me an example of your statement about businesses. Just one good one.

And I don't think any schools should teach that any sexual behavior or practices are "normal", other than perhaps m********ion, and even that's a stretch.

Why not have the same benefits or recognition? WHY? There must be a reason.

You are like a kid who asks a question ‘why?’ and then when they are answered asks but ‘why’ again in regard to the answer.

Because, you are simply restating that you are against it, and I am asking you for the REASONS behind your position. The answer, "Because businesses shouldn't have to treat homosexual behavior as equal to heterosexual behavior.", is just a restatement of the position! WHY? What scenario can you possibly imagine where a business would be forced to treat sexual behavior in any certain way? I don't see it, and you aren't stating it!

What about hetro's that practice some of the same sexual behavior? Without becoming too graphic, you know that men and women do all of the same things that a homosexual couple does right? If it is a behaviour that you are concerned with, what about those them?

Nibs

I do believe in public decency laws and that we should not be teaching kids in public schools about many types of sexual acts regardless of who is performing them with who. I also do not think that any business should be forced to treat all types of sexual acts as equal either. And by definition heterosexual behavior is different than homosexual behavior so nice claiming that they are the same acts, they are not.

how can gay people support those by using the courts and also not allow them to have legal right to representation on the issue...that's hypocritical.Yet you state the bs is to claim that society has to treat homosexual and heterosexual as equal and society...or the people have no say,lmao........they have every right to say that.......not imposing an individuals beliefs on society as a whole.....is what *annoys*people

I do believe in public decency laws and that we should not be teaching kids in public schools about many types of sexual acts regardless of who is performing them with who. I also do not think that any business should be forced to treat all types of sexual acts as equal either. And by definition heterosexual behavior is different than homosexual behavior so nice claiming that they are the same acts, they are not.

There is no need to be snotty. It was a serious question.

The mechanics are the same in hetro or homosexual acts. This being a family forum, I cannot explain any other way.

I just can't figure out why the same act between two of the same sex and two of different sex is to be treated differently.

About public decency? Well, that really has no bearing on the argument.

Teaching kids things in school? I think it should be age appropriatw, with the parents permission. I also think that the number one thing taught is responsibility, consequences and prevention. THEN the mechanics.

Nibs

Because, you are simply restating that you are against it, and I am asking you for the REASONS behind your position. The answer, "Because businesses shouldn't have to treat homosexual behavior as equal to heterosexual behavior.", is just a restatement of the position! WHY? What scenario can you possibly imagine where a business would be forced to treat sexual behavior in any certain way? I don't see it, and you aren't stating it!

Try looking up sexual orientation discrimination lawsuits and you will see that there is legislative efforts to force businesses to accept open pronouncements of homosexuality in the workplace. There have been many such cases. In my place of business we had a guy who made his homosexuality an issue on almost an everyday basis letting people know that he was and he would constantly makes claims that he was being discriminated against whenever he had any issue with his work performance.

Public decency, fine, I agree, no sex in the streets, between any one.

Teaching in school...liek I said, biology, no need for the damn KamaSutra to be part of the curriculum, I agree.

But what businesses are you talking about!!? I don't get that! And what behavior? What business has to treat anyones SEX LIVES equal to any one else's?

I understand, and I'm not even looking to get my horse in that race, I just want someone to tell me WHY they are opposed to gay marriage. That was just one of my possibilities.

I hear ya lets not go there lol Well it seems your not going to gat an answer to your question just childish rants that make little to no sense Dangit lol

Public decency, fine, I agree, no sex in the streets, between any one.

Teaching in school...liek I said, biology, no need for the damn KamaSutra to be part of the curriculum, I agree.

But what businesses are you talking about!!? I don't get that! And what behavior? What business has to treat anyones SEX LIVES equal to any one else's?

You have been given answers already to your questions but just don’t want to accept them. E-Harmony has not been the only company to be sued for not treating homosexuality as equal to heterosexuality in New Jersey or in the country. And there are also many examples of school kids being taught that homosexual behavior is normal without their parents consent or allowing the people to have representation on the issue.