Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California Marriage Amendment to be decided

Karlis

Try looking up sexual orientation discrimination lawsuits and you will see that there is legislative efforts to force businesses to accept open pronouncements of homosexuality in the workplace. There have been many such cases. In my place of business we had a guy who made his homosexuality an issue on almost an everyday basis letting people know that he was and he would constantly makes claims that he was being discriminated against whenever he had any issue with his work performance.

I had a guy that did that to me with his race. I stopped it by telling him to sue. If there was no discrimination, he would have come out looking like a fool. He shut up.

Was this guy being singled out because he was gay? Was he running around doing "gay" stuff?

open pronouncements of homosexuality in the workplace.

What does that mean? Doing gay sex on your desk? Running around screaming "I have a penis and I like men!" What the hell does that mean?

This guys claims, if false, needed to be called out by HR, period. There are no "gay equal rights" and he caused mayhem. Maybe if there WERE equal rights, there would be equal expectations! This gay guy that caused you issues at work, will gain no more power if he is allowed to marry a dude.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

• preacherman76

• HerNibs

Eggumby, what is your point? Do you want to take every case in the country and argue the merits of each and every one? I have given you many reasons for the position that I take on this issue but I do not see the point you are trying to make.

In my place of business we had a guy who made his homosexuality an issue on almost an everyday basis letting people know that he was and he would constantly makes claims that he was being discriminated against.

Gee I wonder what could have made them feel that way hmmmmm think about it real hard !

You have been given answers already to your questions but just don’t want to accept them. E-Harmony has not been the only company to be sued for not treating homosexuality as equal to heterosexuality in New Jersey or in the country. And there are also many examples of school kids being taught that homosexual behavior is normal without their parents consent or allowing the people to have representation on the issue.

You didn't answer squat! You re-stated your position!

How does gay marriage have this negative effect?

How does gay marriage cause your kids to be taught gay sex acts at school? Kid's don't need to be taught any sex acts!! What the hell! Were you angry that is was sex, or that it was gay sex?

Eggumby, what is your point? Do you want to take every case in the country and argue the merits of each and every one? I have given you many reasons for the position that I take on this issue but I do not see the point you are trying to make.

The point is, I STILL have yet to see how gay marriage will cause any one any harm. If anything, I think it would make it harder for homosexuals to push any agenda. They'd be like Al Sharpton, having to pick single cases out of their butts and make a mountain out of a mole-hill to get any attention!

And I'm sorry, you have not given me a reason, not one.

Gay marriage = gay sex acts taught in school

Gay marriage = gays run rampant in businesses presumably having gay sex at work

Gay marriage = tearing of society, etc etc, Despite divorce rate over 50%, single teen mothers all over and all normal, kids sexting, "hooking up", teenagers in high school having casual sex like NEVER BEFORE (I know, I have TWO teenage boys), and all BEFORE gay marriage is legal!

My point is you have NOT given me a SINGLE REASON to believe gay marriage is NOT in the best interest of the people of this country, or one reason to think it will harm any one or any group of people in this country.

I've seen "behavior" thrown around a great deal and that the homosexual "behavior" is perverted.

If the behavior is perverted, why isn't it illegal between hetro's.

Nibs

My point is you have NOT given me a SINGLE REASON to believe gay marriage is NOT in the best interest of the people of this country, or one reason to think it will harm any one or any group of people in this country.

You are entitled to any opinion you want. I have given you reasons but you just want to insist that I haven’t. You have also failed to show me any reason as to why the people should be denied a right to representation on issues of how sexual behavior is dealt with by government and in the public square.

I've seen "behavior" thrown around a great deal and that the homosexual "behavior" is perverted.

If the behavior is perverted, why isn't it illegal between hetro's.

Nibs

Maybe it has to do with the fact that most people find homosexuality to be a larger corruption and perversion of natural sexuality.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that most people find homosexuality to be a larger corruption and perversion of natural sexuality.

I understand that is your opinion. The point is that the "behavior" isn't restricted to homosexuals. The mechanics involved in the behavior are the same.

I can't figure out why it's considered corrupted or perverted if the act is performed by non-homosexuals.

If it is the behavior that is the issue, why isn't the "behavior" outlawed all together?

Nibs

I understand that is your opinion. The point is that the "behavior" isn't restricted to homosexuals. The mechanics involved in the behavior are the same.

I can't figure out why it's considered corrupted or perverted if the act is performed by non-homosexuals.

If it is the behavior that is the issue, why isn't the "behavior" outlawed all together?

Nibs

The behavior is not the same though in many people’s eyes. You claim that the mechanics are the same so would you view having sex with animals then as being the same simply because the mechanics are the same?

The behavior is not the same though in many people’s eyes. You claim that the mechanics are the same so would you view having sex with animals then as being the same simply because the mechanics are the same?

Nope. Let me put it this way - the mechanics are the same in the act between consenting hetro adults as it is between consenting homosexual adults.

There.

Now, lets discuss the question.

WHY is it peverse in the eyes of many?

Nibs

You are entitled to any opinion you want. I have given you reasons but you just want to insist that I haven’t. You have also failed to show me any reason as to why the people should be denied a right to representation on issues of how sexual behavior is dealt with by government and in the public square.

What a LIAR! Yes, I said it. You haven't got the stones to state a single reason to be against gay marriage. All you have is apparent fear of homosexuals because you happen to have had a bad experience with a person who more than likely had way more issues than his sexuality.

I never said anyone should be denied representation, far from it. No way for me to show you a reason for it, since I never implied it. I don't agree with it as a matter of fact.

But honestly, I can't see how sex can be dealt with by the government, other than public decency laws and standards. Simple stuff like, no humping of any sort in public. Why, do you think the government needs to regulate sexual activity?

Nope. Let me put it this way - the mechanics are the same in the act between consenting hetro adults as it is between consenting homosexual adults.

There.

Now, lets discuss the question.

WHY is it peverse in the eyes of many?

Nibs

Sorry it don’t work that way. If you want to make the mechanics the issue as if all acts that are similar mechanically must be treated equally then you don’t get to be selective, unless you want to claim that you now understand how most people may select to find it more perverse when done in a corrupt fashion such as two people of the same gender or people with animals, etc.. You said that you failed to see how the mechanics are any different.

Sorry it don’t work that way. If you want to make the mechanics the issue as if all acts that are similar mechanically must be treated equally then you don’t get to be selective, unless you want to claim that you now understand how most people may select to find it more perverse when done in a corrupt fashion such as two people of the same gender or people with animals, etc.. You said that you failed to see how the mechanics are any different.

Yes. It does work that way. It works just fine.

The mechanics between consenting adults.

You are avoiding the question and making preposterous substitutions.

When animals can vote and pay taxes we can discuss their sex habits.

I'm specifically speaking to consenting adults.

All adults are expected to obey the laws and pay taxes. All adults are not granted the same rights.

The right to have a government recognized marriage is not grated equally to all adults.

WHY?

Nibs

All adults are expected to obey the laws and pay taxes. All adults are not granted the same rights.

The right to have a government recognized marriage is not grated equally to all adults.

WHY?

Nibs

Yes you can set up the question any way you want to but I do not have to accept your premise. If you want to claim that issue is the ‘mechanics’ involved then it would include all instances whereas the mechanics are similar. The animal scenario really gives the answer to your question. Most people do not just consider the ‘mechanics’ involved but find other factors involved to be perverse and/or corrupted.

WHY?

Nibs

I don't get how any one wants government to regulate corrupt sex, let alone define it! If two people engage in sexual behavior that YOU don't, so what? I have no desire to be urinated on, but some people get off on it...is that corrupt? Should it be illegal? Who the hell would decide if it was corrupt?

I don't think anyone is trying to make gay sex legal via gay marriage. I don't think the sex is the issue, and if it is, it's NONE of anyone damn business WHAT kind of sex me and my partner have, as long as we are adults, pay taxes, and vote, right?

So it all goes back to HOW IS GAY MARRIAGE BAD, besides the fact that the implied SEX behind it is "corrupt" in someone elses personal opinion!!!??

And I have YET to get an answer!

Yes you can set up the question any way you want to but I do not have to accept your premise. If you want to claim that issue is the ‘mechanics’ involved then it would include all instances whereas the mechanics are similar. The animal scenario really gives the answer to your question. Most people do not just consider the ‘mechanics’ involved but find other factors involved to be perverse and/or corrupted.

Avoidance noted. If you don't want to give a straight answer that's fine. I'll just go with what I am assuming based on your statements.

:tu:

Nibs

I don't get how any one wants government to regulate corrupt sex, let alone define it! If two people engage in sexual behavior that YOU don't, so what? I have no desire to be urinated on, but some people get off on it...is that corrupt? Should it be illegal? Who the hell would decide if it was corrupt?

I don't think anyone is trying to make gay sex legal via gay marriage. I don't think the sex is the issue, and if it is, it's NONE of anyone damn business WHAT kind of sex me and my partner have, as long as we are adults, pay taxes, and vote, right?

So it all goes back to HOW IS GAY MARRIAGE BAD, besides the fact that the implied SEX behind it is "corrupt" in someone elses personal opinion!!!??

And I have YET to get an answer!

Huh? I don't think gay sex is bad. I don't think gay marriage is bad.

My point was that I keep seeing the statements of "perverted" and "corrupted" made and I'm trying to get to the bottom of WHY it's perverted and corrupted.

Honestly? I have never seen anyone against gay marriage give a straight answer. You get the parrotted "against nature", "bible says so", "voters had their say" but none of them will tell you WHY.

Nibs

Huh? I don't think gay sex is bad. I don't think gay marriage is bad.

My point was that I keep seeing the statements of "perverted" and "corrupted" made and I'm trying to get to the bottom of WHY it's perverted and corrupted.

Honestly? I have never seen anyone against gay marriage give a straight answer. You get the parrotted "against nature", "bible says so", "voters had their say" but none of them will tell you WHY.

Nibs

No no no...

I'm jumping in the middle of your conversation with that other guy...since I am trying to converse with him as well.

Sorry. I am agreeing. I can't get an answer either! It's BS! I'm not even really sure how I feel about gay marriage in the big scheme of things, I just cant get a single straight answer on WHY it is not good! Not one! Like you said..."corruopted, against nature..." some BS that does NOT apply! Forced acceptance, other weirdness...TRUEYOUTRUEME is either dodging or LYING!

No no no...

I'm jumping in the middle of your conversation with that other guy...since I am trying to converse with him as well.

Sorry. I am agreeing. I can't get an answer either! It's BS! I'm not even really sure how I feel about gay marriage in the big scheme of things, I just cant get a single straight answer on WHY it is not good! Not one! Like you said..."corruopted, against nature..." some BS that does NOT apply! Forced acceptance, other weirdness...TRUEYOUTRUEME is either dodging or LYING!

Ah, ok. :)

*hands eq a cookie*

Nibs

Ah, ok. :)

*hands eq a cookie*

Nibs

smiley-sign0154.gif

Considering the racist past of the left-wing progressive movement, you really have to wonder about their claims today that a person’s racial identity is equivalent to their sexuality identity based upon behavior. It seems as if they are still trying to come up with sneaky ways to undermine true equal rights for all.

Edited by TRUEYOUTRUEME

It seems as if they are still trying to come up with sneaky ways to undermine true equal rights for all.

Where as conservatives feel comfortable undermining equal rights out in the open. ;)

Considering the racist past of the left-wing progressive movement,

Stop trying to make this about conservatives and liberals when it's only about equal rights. Which I as a conserva-lib-green-tarian-badger can get behind. :P Also answer Eqgumby please.

Same sex marriage will destroy the fabric of our delicate society just as surely as interracial marriage did.

That's right!

Them thar homersecsuals are gonna ruin everything, just like them thar negrows amd beeners did!

GITRDUN!

:lol:

I'm sorry! I had to!

This is just killing me!

I mean, I KNOW there are some valid arguments against gay marriage from a logistics standpoint, maybe an economic component, certainly a national component (meaning it can't be a state by state issue alone since marriages are recognized nationally).

But for the life of me, I CANNOT get anyone (this means you TRUEYOUTRUEME) to give me a real logical solid argument against it that does not eventually deal with the government regulating sexual behavior! And I'm sorry, but I will NOT have the government telling me how to get my ya-ya's!