Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Paralysis stories

Caligraphy

New to this website as i just found it looking up what other people experienced with Sleep Paralysis as i my first episode with it about 4 days ago. I was sleeping in the living room on the couch watching tv before hand and i am also 19, it was around 2 am when i fell asleep and awoke sometime mid day. I could look around but could not move which scared me as i did not know what was going on and at the same time moving my eyes around after i settled down abit i noticed something in my kitchen which was a solid black figure with very white teeth being its only feature, this image scared me as well as i did not know what that was so i watched it for a bit figuring i am just dreaming so i closed my eyes and fell back asleep. This happend 2 more times with the figure getting closer starting at the kitchen then to the border of the living room where i was then at the edge of my coffe table, all it did was just stand watching me that was the last time i seen it.

then just yesterday i awoke around the time my sister goes to school facing the wall my bed was pushed up against just laying there thinking what i should do with my day, then everything started going really grey and blury which i have expirenced when i was younger around 14 where i just lost all sight for a small time. After waiting i noticed that again i could not move like a few nights before which made me uneasy only thinking about what could be behind me. after a few minutes i stared to fill like i was being pulled up and at the same time spinning then getting droped then pulled again.

these have been my only expierences so far and even though the first was terrifing i want this to happen a bit more i want to know whats going on.

• Like 1

I often wish I had had sleep paralysis during my post-hypnagogic hallucinations. I don't think I've shared this one yet but it's one of the best.

I woke up (more or less) and looked at my computer monitor. It was glowing! What was really disturbing is when I put my hand up to it, my hand felt like electricity was shooting through it. I didn't know what could be causing this but I knew it was dangerous so I did the most logical thing: I ripped the monitor off the computer and smashed it against a wall.

My girlfriend woke up to see me over my smashed monitor and was at least twice as scared as me. I calmly explained that the monitor had been emitting some type of dangerous radiation and I had just saved our lives. The look of disbelief on her face must have clued me in that what I was saying was completely ridiculous, and then I realized my damn brain had fooled me again. Fortunately, my girlfriend was smart and understood my condition. It would have been better to have been paralyzed during the whole thing.

The upside is that I bought a much nicer monitor the next day.

• Like 2

wow

I think that was the only time I destroyed anything. It showed how convincing these things can be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sleep paralysis has happened to me three times after one of my high school teachers told me about it I found out about it and the first time it happened my sister had gone out and told me she would be coming home late(our room door is through the back yard) so I fell asleep and then I was sort of awakened by the sound of our gate being opened(not fully awake and sleeping on my stomach) I then heard someone come in, not thinking much of it since I thought it was my sister who had returned then I felt someone like sort of trying to pull my pants down by my back but I thought it was my sister and I just said stop(I thought I was talking but it was only in my mind) then I heard someone in our bathroom I thought it was her but then I dozed off and was awake again and heard two men arguing and I tried to move to see who it was but I couldn't move and I knew I was having SP I started to pray(didn't open my eyes for anything in the world) as I started to hear a woman laughing at me because I was trying to move and talk but I couldn't then I just awakened and a second after my sister knocked on the door!

The next time was when I was sleeping with my sister next to me and I just woke up to ringing in my ears, of course I knew I couldn't open my eyes but I did just to see if my sister was next to me and she was so I tried to call her and when I close my eyes I heard freakishly loud roaring as if it were a wolf I knew all I had to do was pray so that's what I did and it went away.

• Like 1

these have been my only expierences so far and even though the first was terrifing i want this to happen a bit more i want to know whats going on.

You can induce a similar state work through your fears, defeat the shadowy figure and learn more than you ever though possible.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

What was really disturbing is when I put my hand up to it, my hand felt like electricity was shooting through it.

Vibrations!!! You can learn to control them and use them to your advantage.... Other than destroying electronics. :)

I heard freakishly loud roaring..,

Another common symptom of being conciousness as you transition the different crossroads of conciousness.

Sorry I so paranoid about this but I have

to share my experience

It is 3:09am. Im still in bed trying to fall

back to sleep. About an hour or so I woke

up from sleep paralysis. I have these

"dreams" about every month. It was until

a week ago when I learned what these

"dreams" are called and that they are

normal. I tried to go into sleep paralysis on

purpose but I always failed. Tonight

without trying it just happened. I was

laying down in bed facing up. Suddenly my

mind started speaking to me. I told myself

to open my eyes while asleep in order to

have hallucinations. My eyes felt glued it

was very hard to open them but I did. I

was very scared at first. I was still in my

room just how I had left it but I was

"dreaming" I started relaxing but I kept

hearing music playing and a lot of noise.

People were calling my name also. I

started moving my arms and I was able to

lift them up so I could see them they were

blurry and seemed to disappear. I wanted

to get up from bed but I couldnt. It was

very frustrating not being able to move or

talk. I started moving my lips and was able

to make some noise. Later I started

moving my legs too. I raised my entire

chest and legs but my hips were still

paralysed. I felt like if I was floating. I was

not scared anymore of what I was feeling

or seeing I was scared of what i was

hearing. Many voices and music. A

constant radio playing and people calling

my name. My biggest struggle was to keep

my eyes open. In the "dream" they kept

closing. I just randomly woke up and I was

in bed just like in my dream same position

and everything. The experience was

amazing yet freaky not so much scary.

Sorry I so paranoid about this but I have

to share my experience

It is 3:09am. Im still in bed trying to fall

back to sleep. About an hour or so I woke

up from sleep paralysis. I have these

"dreams" about every month. It was until

a week ago when I learned what these

"dreams" are called and that they are

normal. I tried to go into sleep paralysis on

purpose but I always failed. Tonight

without trying it just happened. I was

laying down in bed facing up. Suddenly my

mind started speaking to me. I told myself

to open my eyes while asleep in order to

have hallucinations. My eyes felt glued it

was very hard to open them but I did. I

was very scared at first. I was still in my

room just how I had left it but I was

"dreaming" I started relaxing but I kept

hearing music playing and a lot of noise.

People were calling my name also. I

started moving my arms and I was able to

lift them up so I could see them they were

blurry and seemed to disappear. I wanted

to get up from bed but I couldnt. It was

very frustrating not being able to move or

talk. I started moving my lips and was able

to make some noise. Later I started

moving my legs too. I raised my entire

chest and legs but my hips were still

paralysed. I felt like if I was floating. I was

not scared anymore of what I was feeling

or seeing I was scared of what i was

hearing. Many voices and music. A

constant radio playing and people calling

my name. My biggest struggle was to keep

my eyes open. In the "dream" they kept

closing. I just randomly woke up and I was

in bed just like in my dream same position

and everything. The experience was

amazing yet freaky not so much scary.

Nice job. Continue on that path and you will conquer your fear, and every time you encounter this altered state you can float out fly around your yard amoung 1000s of other possibilities.

I haven't had an episode of sleep paralysis in years but these days I experience a lot of hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations.

A recurring theme is seeing swarms of bugs on the walls or ceiling, usually accompanied by buzzing noises as if it's bees or flies.

I also sometimes wake up and hear whispering voices or footsteps in my room and think there's someone else there.

I haven't had an episode of sleep paralysis in years but these days I experience a lot of hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations.

A recurring theme is seeing swarms of bugs on the walls or ceiling, usually accompanied by buzzing noises as if it's bees or flies.

I also sometimes wake up and hear whispering voices or footsteps in my room and think there's someone else there.

The buzzing is very common. Your swarm manifestations are probably a result of the buzzing. The buzzing is not a hullucination, the bones in your ears are actually vibrating.

I have read a lot about sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming in the past, but it had never actually happened to me. Until last night. Looking back I thought that me actually being aware of what sleep paralysis is, I would not be too afraid if it ever actually happened, but that was so untrue.

So, I was dreaming about me and my girlfriend. We were on some kind of boat, and we lay in a bed on top of each other. Suddenly I wake up, with the feeling of someone still lying on top of me, pressing me down. I felt the pressure especially on my forehead/head. I then realized that I could not move at all, no matter how hard i tried. I got genuinely frightened and sensed that there really was someone in the room with me. I lay on my back with my arms over my duvet, and even though I sleep in a double bed, I was absolutely sure that my hand was dangling outside of the bed, and this made me awfully afraid of someone touching it (I normally sleep with all body-parts tucked in because I get so paranoid if a foot or a hand is outside, but it was way too hot). I tried so hard to move my arm with no success. I got more and more afraid, believing that someone was definitely going to harm me. Then the worst thing happened; I felt someone touching my hand, and I got indescribably horrified. After a few seconds in complete panic i realized that I could move again and that I was clenching the duvet with my hand. I was incredibly warm and my heart was beating so fast. I immediately realized that I had experienced sleep paralysis and calmed down, but damn, I think that is the most scared I have been in my whole life.

• 4 weeks later...

This has happened to me several times during my life. I have also experienced seeing a shadow person, aptly named the "hat man" but that is a different story for a different topic.

The scariest occurrence of SP was about a year ago when, sleeping on my back, I awoke in the familiar panicked state. I couldn't move or talk, but I was full aware of what was going on. I got that feeling of a malevolent presence and then this booming two-tone demon like voice said "if you're not with us, you're against us, ******." I will never forget the sound of that voice. Was still puzzles/scares me to this day was what the episode meant. Like who's "us"? And why did it have to use such a derogative term? Who knows, all I know is that I'll never forget it, as long as I live.

Another experience I had was when I was taking a nap with my girlfriend. She has this candle light thing in her room that gives off a little light and also gives off some candle smell. Anyways, during SP, I saw the light get bigger and bigger and eventually turn into fire, and shadows of demons began emerging from the fire/light. I distinctly remember trying to wake my gf as I knew I was going through SP, but of course, it was to no avail.

I have no idea why almost all the occurrences of SP I have deal with demons. It really freaks me out. Needless to say, I never sleep on my back anymore (and haven't had an SP attack since)

I've asked this over and over: HOW do you not sleep on your back? Do you tie an arm to something so you won't roll over in your sleep.

For me personally, I don't roll around in my sleep. Also, I have a lofted bed that's high enough off the ground that I'd be quite injured if I rolled off. Maybe subconsciously I know not to roll around in my sleep? I have no idea. But lol im sure tying your arm to something would work too

i remember the very first time when i experienced this sleep paralysis. I just wanted to wake up but I couldnt because all i could feel was great pressure on my stomach making it hard for me to breath. Also I couldnt move nothing but my eyes. the weirdest thing of all i could see and hear what goes on around me if anyone was in the room with me but there never was anyone in the room when i had one. than eventually I snapped out of it. than later on down the road it got worse to the point where i started to see things. but the things that i saw wasnt very clear to me. all i know is that there was someone else in the room watching me lay there. I told my mom about this problem and all she could say was its probably just a deep dream. but i seen the expression on her face that she didnt believe me in a way. but of course i was only 14. untill one night i fell asleep on the couch in the front room where my mom and dad was watching tv. i woke up but was paralized and couldnt moved, hard to breath and call out when i wanted to. All i could do was look around with just my eyes than i started to call out bye moaning. my mom than herd me got up and kept calling my name asking if im ok. I seen her expression than on her face that she new what i was talking about now. and seemed to be scared and didnt know what to do so finally she kept moving me to wake up. I than i woke as if i was holding my breath for a long time. my mom kinda jumped and asked if i was ok. and i looked at her blank for a moment. and I said, "ya im ok" than she had asked me

"is that what you was talking about"

"ya"

"I couldnt tell if you was awake or asleep when i saw you. your eyes was open but they were rolled back"

"did you hear me asking if you was ok?"

"ya i herd everything and seen everything that was going on but i coundt move or call out to wake me up"

she than the next day did research on what i had. and what she found out about it wasnt good news to her. she called me crying a bit and told me what she searched and what she found out. and all she knows is that its a demond messing with me. so ever cents then she told my two brothers and sister to keep close to me when ever I sleep to make sure they wake me up. I still do have these living nightmares

Had a terrifying experience yesterday. Went for a short nap as I often do when I get tired. Set my alarm for 30 minutes to avoid oversleeping and feeling groggy. I was obviously tired as when my alarm went I turned it off and went back to sleep.

Sometime after this I awoke feeling groggy and wondered how long I'd slept for. After lying there half-awake for a while I decided I'd better get up and get out of bed before I dropped off to sleep again. So I sat up on the edge of the bed and put my legs on the floor. However, before that reality had any time to get any further I realised I was still lying in bed half-asleep and I'd just had a very bizarre and vivid out of body type experience. So, I decided to get up and sat up and put my legs on the floor again but the same thing happened again and I was brought back to the realisation that I was still lying in bed. I tried really hard to wake up and get out of bed but the same thing happened once more and I began to get a bit worried about whether I would be able to get out of bed or just be stuck in a loop of every awakening being a false reality.

That's when I moved on to what seemed a higher level of consciousness and I awoke again and this time I thought I was properly awake. However, I quickly realised that I was lying there and unable to move. I was trying to work out how I could call an ambulance or a friend if I couldn't move and was beginning to contemplate a life of 'locked in syndrome'. Of course, this was absolutely terrifying and after around 10 seconds the pure terror of the situation woke me up and I was very relieved to be able to move and get up.

Researching these symptoms bought me to a number of resources on the net and I realise now that sleep paralysis isn't uncommon. However, I haven't seen any stories of these recurring false awakenings.

I have seen a few stories about shadows though and they reminded me of a very vivid episode I had a number of months ago. I remember waking up from a deep sleep to see a dark shape coming through the door next to my bed and being absolutely terrified to the point that I shouted at it 'get out'! I think I did actually shout this out very loud as I remember a light coming on in the flat downstairs as I think I woke my neighbour up. The next morning I remembered the event and it all seemed very real and I convinced myself that it must have been one of the cats that are often in the neighbourhood and had crept into the flat and found its way into my room. I think that was the only rational explanation my mind could come up with as the shadow was the size of a big cat but not really distinguishable. I checked the door and all the windows but everything was closed so it remained a mystery.

Having read this forum today I now know that this was one of the 'shadows' or demons that people experience during these episodes. Absolutely bizarre and terrifying and slightly fascinating at the same time. I've never suffered from this before until these two episodes in the past few months.

Despite yesterday being one of the most terrifying ordeals I've ever had I am interested in experiencing another episode to see whether my newfound knowledge will influence it at all.

I've had a handful of sleep paralysis incidents. Probably the scariest was the last night after a three day streak of it happening. I awoke in my room, everything normal, except I couldn't move. I was frightened but strangely I felt like someone was with me, comforting me. The weirdest part was I was shaking, like I was outside in the cold without the jacket. When I tried to move my whole body clenched up like I was having a seizure and being eletrocuted(had some close experiences before.) So after a few attempts of trying to move I realized it was a sleep paralysis thing and I just laid there and tried to get back to sleep, all the while doing a bit of praying. I woke up later and was fine. Luckily, since then I haven't had any incidents. This occured about a year ago.

Sorry, I only read the first post of this thread so far, but I also 'suffer' from sleep apnea....I put 'suffer' in commas coz I guess my girlfriends suffer more from my sleep apnea than I do...scares the **** out of them apparently whereas I just wake up and go back to sleep....Also experienced sleep paralysis many times too...horrible when it happens but once again I tend to just wake up, think 'oh it was just a dream' and then go back to sleep. neither really bothers me much to be honest.

My sleep paralysis seemed under control for a while but last week it happened again, so I will share my new experience.

This time the same old thing happened, I'm asleep yet alert and awake unable to move. I'm aware this time that I'm not alone which has happened before, there's something at the bottom of my bed. I didn't see it clearly but I felt it, it's hands touching me and it's long pointy tongue on my toes (weirddd I know) This has never happened before, but when I say touching I don't mean in a sexual way, just grabbing at my legs, arms and even head as if it was intrigued. Then all the while as I couldn't move this thing communicates with me not through speech but kind of telepathically, it's hard to explain but it tells me it will be back at some point, not soon but in the future!!! Sounds scary but I'm not too phased by the experience, I've suffered from sleep paralysis for a few years now and although it comes and goes nothing surprises me or worries me anymore.. I kind of expect it.

ohmy.gif Im new the the forums,

Ok, well this is kinda a mix of sleep paralysis and my own stupidity but here it goes.

I had a really vivid dream were I was out on the street waiting for the bus and it was pretty windy and rainy and the power lines fell and nailed me right in the face. I blanked out in my dream and then had strange kinda like in and out scenes of being rushed to hospital and then my parents taking me home. In my dream I thought I was paralyzed or like all buggered up.

Now I woke up from my dream in the middle of the night and my covers were kinda half over my face and I went to pull them down but I coulden't. I tried so hard and I had no feeling of my hands just these like slabs of meat/flesh kinda flailing around, I also heard some like random voices like people calling me or something. I was freaked I thought that my whole dream was real at that moment, and I was so upset I just wanted to close my eyes and wish it all away.

Well I fell asleep, woke up in the morning. Realized that I'm fine and I just ended up sleeping in a funny position were both my hands were kinda under my back and pillow completely fallen asleep and numb. lol. It was kinda a relief as well as a *wow, I'm stupid* moment.

Thats actually a very vivid dream!

Sorry, I only read the first post of this thread so far, but I also 'suffer' from sleep apnea....I put 'suffer' in commas coz I guess my girlfriends suffer more from my sleep apnea than I do...scares the **** out of them apparently whereas I just wake up and go back to sleep...

Sleep apnea is essentially suffocation during sleep. It's a very dangerous condition and has terrible long term effects on the body. It can only be diagnosed in a sleep disorder clinic (they may have blood oxygen sensors you can take home now).

I hope you were thinking of some other sleep disorder.

Hi everyone,

Its been fantastic reading about everyone's experiences and I'd like to share mine. Before that, I'd just like to say I never really looked up Sleep Paralysis (SP) or what I believe I have, recurrent isolated sleep paralysis (RISP) (Kudos to Wikipedia) until recently. I'll stick to calling it SP throughout this as to avoid confusion. Also sorry for the long post, but I hope its a good read!

I knew other people had SP and I just accepted it as part of my life. I cannot remember all the episodes of SP I've had, but I can remember some vivid ones that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

I began to experience SP in my early 20's. I think it was due to my lifestyle (partying, drinking excess, staying up late, not sleeping enough, work etc). The first episode I woke up unable to move and there was a thick fog in my bedroom and I felt the presence of something evil lurking within this 'fog'. Eventually as I regained control of my body after what seems an eternity, I ran into my grandma's bedroom, ****ting bricks! I had the classic symptoms, feeling that I was awake and unable to move. Eyes open and struggling to move a finger and unable to talk or scream, and just having the feeling of some evil presence around me. It would take all my energy and will to be able to move first my fingers and then eventually control of my body and it used to leave me terrified. I did not know what I was experiencing and the first 10 or so episodes I felt I was wide awake and not dreaming, that was until I had one that I'll never forget.

I went to sleep as usual in my bedroom and I had another episode of SP. This time whilst I lay on my bed unable to move, something evil was again nearby, but this time it showed its face. It was of a males face, burnt but it was smiling at me. This apparition appeared with just its head showing from around the door. Smiling and mocking me, knowing I could not move and could do what it wanted. I never felt so afraid in my life and tried to scream and move with every bit of strength I could muster. It got worse. I looked away just wanting it to go and then it was virtually next to me about a meter away, hunched over, looking at me, mouth wide open and laughing at me - I'd never forget the burnt face and red eyes - pure evil behind them. With one of its arms it bought its hand towards me, twirling it in front of my face and then moving it away, and then back again at my face. Not touching my face but just a few centimeters away from it. Then finally I regained control of my body again and I was awake. I looked around and I was in my room but the SP occurred in my grans room, so for the first time I realized it had been a dream......... the sense of relief was immense but I still felt terrified.

This thing was always nearby in my other SP episodes and made a few more appearances - mocking me. It got to the stage where as helpless and scared as I was, I just wished I could get up and fight it, and I think it sensed I was becoming less and less afraid. I married and I frequently was awoken by my wife. She would tell me I was making 'grunting' type noises in my sleep and indeed I was. I was having an episode of SP and I would be trying frantically to shout for my wife to move me so I could escape the SP I was trapped in.

I also began to control some of my dreams - I'd fly out of my body, knowing I was dreaming and it felt great. My life was less rock n roll by then and I had settled down.

I still had episodes of SP but they were less frequent and I knew I was in a dreamlike state, no matter how real it felt. Id try to calm myself down and count to 100 - trying not to struggle against what was happening. My wife would still shake me to get me out of my imprisoned like state but she even told me a few times that as I'd wake her she'd felt annoyed, ignore me and go back to sleep leaving me grunting away! For that I got became quite upset and angry explaining and reminding her how horrific the experience was and to wake me up as soon as she could! I still think sometimes if shes annoyed with me before going to sleep and I have SP, she purposely doesn't wake me up straight away! :td:

Anyway we moved house after saving up and the SP still continued. This time it seemed like the SP was more adaptive and 'cleverer'. I'd wake up paralyzed, but this time the evil was different. I was still afraid of whatever was lurking around the corner and I still wanted to fight it but there was no physical body for me to attack. I'd finally awake, and go back to sleeping, but then something just didn't feel right....something was there, watching me, the feeling of this evil presence wouldn't go away but my mind was telling me your in reality now, you've had your episode of SP, this is the real world but the rest of my senses would be screaming at me telling to to wake up and get out of this hell........

I'd then realized I'd been tricked into thinking I was awake and again I couldn't move, and had to go through the SP. I had to sit up in bed and look around me, making sure I was indeed awake.......... I was working shifts by now in another job and this would occur during the day, when my wife was away at work, rarely occurring at night. The SP was indeed adapting, playing games with my mind. For some reason I even welcomed the SP, playing this game of if I'm actually awake, or am I still dreaming? Although I hated the feeling of horror, I became used to it.

Then it adapted again. An episode of SP, tricked into thinking I'm awake and then I'd realize I wasn't and bring myself back to reality, all the times paralyzed, the calmness of thinking I'm awake being overtaken by fear when realizing I wasn't and that the 'evil' was playing games. I got out of bed and walked downstairs and, shuddering from the latest episode of SP. But something wasn't right. It was too quiet. Was there a burglar in the house? I'd check the windows and make sure my valuables were still where they were......... then I realized I'd been tricked again. I wasn't awake. The feeling of terror and fear was a new one and the evil presence was lurking somewhere close by again. I'd then be back in my bed in the SP state, and finally wake up - but this time I'd get out of bed and flick a light switch, or look at the time. I knew if the clock was working or the light switch came on I'd be awake - something I learnt from when I controlled my dreams.

I still have these SP experiences - the ones where I'm tricked into thinking I'm awake and I get out of bed and do my usual activities as well as single SP episodes and reoccurant ones where I wake up fully, go back to sleep and have another SP episode. Sometimes I welcome them as I'm not as afraid as I used to be.

Around three nights ago I woke up and my wife was kneeling by my bedside, shaking me, telling me to wake up - as I was having an SP episode but I couldn't remember if I had been which was unusual. I couldn't move and I couldn't speak to her and I felt scared but at the same time reassured - as my wife was trying to get me out of the SP. But then I realized this wasn't my wife - it was something else in the form of my wife. The fear returned ten fold and what appeared to be my wife began laughing at me, realizing I had just clocked on to what was happening to me and then I woke up - to my wife next to me in bed shaking me telling me to basically s t f u as I was making grunting noises and she didn't want to be disturbed - and yes she knew I was SP'ing! I briefly told her that once again the SP had adapted, using a new trick and I actually felt admiration for this new trick!

Maybe the dreams where I wake up and walk around my house sound like lucid or vivid dreams but I know they are not. Every time I realize I'm not actually awake I return to my bed in the SP state. A dream within a dream within a dream within a dream. 4 dreams within one is the most I can remember.

It seems the SP has always a new trick up its sleeve and for that, I applaud it. The evil is always there. Lurking and waiting to terrorize me and I don't think it likes the fact I sometimes enjoy the challenge it brings me.

Anyway to those who have read my experiences with SP I hope I haven't bored you much! I'm you usual sane dude that sometimes has crazy SP episodes. I do sometimes have dreams I can control but that's very infrequent. Most people would think I'm talking a pile of hot ****, but I hope some of you can understand where I'm coming from.

Edited by Flawed Logic

I've asked this over and over: HOW do you not sleep on your back? Do you tie an arm to something so you won't roll over in your sleep.

My understanding is that it has more to do with falling asleep on your back as SP is more likely to occur in the early stages of sleep.

My understanding is that it has more to do with falling asleep on your back as SP is more likely to occur in the early stages of sleep.

That's true with me. I always "woke up" to the crazy stuff an hour after I went to sleep.

This is a really interesting thread I hope it goes on forever. :)

My own sleep paralysis was minor in comparison with many posted here: In my sleep, I was attacked by a monster, or something, and I tried to cry out and say the name "Jesus" for help, but I couldn't, and then when I finally could start to barely speak, I woke up iirc.

edited to correct usual brain f*rt

Edited by Gummug