Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have a question...

odinsgrl

Lol, ok. Your comments just seemed kind of odd. Lol

Thought we lost you there, pal! thumbsup.gif

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odinsgrl

• Todd

• aquatus1

• Chauncy

original.gif I'm glad that I can be reasonably assured now that I'm somewhat in control of my faculties. blink.gif But seriously....WHO WERE THE ALIENS????? If I don't find out soon I'll start pacing around chanting "Red Rum", "I see dead people", or "Five minutes to Wapner..definetly five minutes to Wapner". w00t.gifw00t.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

{NOTE} Not so obscure movies referanced are "The Shining", "The Sixth Sense," and "Rainman" respectively.

Hee, hee! No, Todd, I wasn't referring to civilizations as a whole. It is actually a scam that has been run more times than one would think. A person or a group of person's put together an elaborate alien act and scam an unsuspecting family (and on one occasion, an entire community) into believing they are from a utopian planet, and can take them there, but only if they prove they can be loyal to the aliens by seperating themselves from their material goods (which the aliens just happen to have the power of attorney paperwork for).

Back in the eighties, this scam was so widespread it was even worked into a few TV shows, like McGyver.

This is the unfortunate result of people using too much faith and not enough skepticism. Like anything else, a lack of balance (either way) is detrimental, and leaves you open for manipulation.