Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chicken deaths spark talk of Chupacabras

Still Waters

At the very least, foxes... but that wouldn't make it into the papers. ;)

everybody knows that only the chupacabra kills chickens, foxes would never do that.....

*puts away the sarcasm jar*

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marby

• TheSearcher

• Queen in the North

• www375

everybody knows that only the chupacabra kills chickens, foxes would never do that.....

*puts away the sarcasm jar*

Aren't foxes vegetarian?

OK, I will behave now too. :yes:

Aren't foxes vegetarian?

OK, I will behave now too. :yes:

Oh yes. Nothing they like more than a nice bit of salad. ooooo____OOOOO

But in all seriousness, foxes are wiley buggers. Or maybe badgers? Don't know if they have badgers...

Edited by storminateacup

Oh yes. Nothing they like more than a nice bit of salad. ooooo____OOOOO

But in all seriousness, foxes are wiley buggers. Or maybe badgers? Don't know if they have badgers...

I'm pretty sure I've seen foxes at PETA rallies screaming, "Go veg!". ;)

Foxes actually are pretty slick. I love them even though we've had to take extra precautions against them at my brother in law's house because he keeps chickens. There are a bunch that live in the park next to the local Sainsbury's. They love to taunt the dogs when we walk them there at night.

Badgers? I don't know if they exist in that part of the world, to be honest. I'm from the SE US. We don't have them there.

Edited by Marby

I'm pretty sure I've seen foxes at PETA rallies screaming, "Go veg!". ;)

Foxes actually are pretty slick. I love them even though we've had to take extra precautions against them at my brother in law's house because he keeps chickens. There are a bunch that live in the park next to the local Sainsbury's. They love to taunt the dogs when we walk them there at night.

Badgers? I don't know if they exist in that part of the world, to be honest. I'm from the SE US. We don't have them there.

I can only assume that foxes cheer for Violent Veg. :P

VV_swedeytodd_L.jpg

Yeah, I like foxes, just not when they ransack chicken coops, lol. We used to have a family of them near us, but it had to kept on the hush hush because there are a few trigger happy people around here...

Badgers; that's what I was unsure about. Ah well, just a thought.

Edited by storminateacup

I can only assume that foxes cheer for Violent Veg. :P

VV_swedeytodd_L.jpg

Yeah, I like foxes, just not when they ransack chicken coops, lol. We used to have a family of them near us, but it had to kept on the hush hush because there are a few trigger happy people around here...

Badgers; that's what I was unsure about. Ah well, just a thought.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Swedey Todd... oh wow, that's GREAT. Poor parsnip.

I feel the same about foxes. I do love them and think they are adorable and have a right to survive, but stay off the chickens!

The ones that hang out around here are happy enough to raid the trash behind the Sainsbury's or the chippy next door. Out by my brother in law's, it's a bit different, but they haven't had problems since they keep the chickens well protected.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Swedey Todd... oh wow, that's GREAT. Poor parsnip.

I feel the same about foxes. I do love them and think they are adorable and have a right to survive, but stay off the chickens!

The ones that hang out around here are happy enough to raid the trash behind the Sainsbury's or the chippy next door. Out by my brother in law's, it's a bit different, but they haven't had problems since they keep the chickens well protected.

@ storminateacup : Swedey Todd, excellent that one !!

I don't have any problems with Foxes, as long as they stay out of me garden. Once there, all bets are off. To be fair I have pets and foxes are know to kill them on occasion. I'll try to scare them if possible, if not....

Kill them just for the fact thereoff or fun, that's a no no for me.

As to badgers, well the american Badger, or Taxidea taxus, is found in the western and central United States, northern Mexico and central Canada. He prefers dry, open areas, with deep soils, like prairie regions. So it is entirely possible, for it to have been a badger.

That is more realistic that a chupa any day.