Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I seeing spirit orbs ?

RachelB

I am new to this site and have just recently researched 'spirit orbs'. Honestly; until the last month, I had never heard of spirit orbs, although I have my entire life seen (not on film, but with my naked eye) unusual, unexplained small single circular lights in random places. The first time I saw a light ( the first time I can remember anyway ) was when I was a teenager in my bedroom. It was a small yellowish gold round light on the wall that was perfectly still. I made myself crazy looking all about the room trying to confirm its reason for being there with absolutely no explaination. I just thought I needed glasses/ my eyes checked and did so with 20/20 vision results.. and no corneal tears..etc..

From then on.... maybe once or twice a year...I would see small unexplainable circular lights.. and just ignored them.

I have always felt a strange sense of 'knowing' I have very often had dreams of events ( random events ) that later occur and frequently have dreams of people of whom I don't know but are trying to talk to me.... asking me if I can hear them. I have for years dismissed this as vivid... random dreams.

It was only after losing both my parents ( my Mom to breast cancer 4 yrs. ago, my Dad in an airplane accident last summer ) that I became more involved, aware if you will... of my dreams and visual occurances. I have; since the passing of my father, had dreams of him in which he says very little but I can almost 'read his mind' ???? He doesn't talk much ... but he tells me in thought that he's okay and has even given me in minor details what happened with his plane when he crashed. When I saw him in my dream he looked different than he did in physical form. He had the same hair and eye color but he was dressed in a white linen shirt and white linen slacks and was somewhat paler. When I awoke from my dream (about 5 am) ...I saw a long ( not circular ) golden, candle flame color light right beside my bed... that gradually disappeared the more I focused and tried to see it. I have had similar dreams of my mother. Several months before he was killed, I saw a very tiny clear red circular light on my living room recliner and then.... saw that same tiny red light the evening before my Grandfather passed away two months ago. Is this a spirit orb that's trying to send me a message perhaps ??? Do I need to get a new eye doctor ?! Any info. or thoughts is appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RachelB

• Roso

• behaviour???

• Sakari

Top Posters In This Topic

First , I am sorry for your losses , that is hard.I personally do not think it is anything of " spirit orbs" , none have ever been proven to exist.

You should let your eye doctor know what is happening and see what he/she says , considering they are Doctors.

As for your experiences , sounds like they are good ones and bring some closure / happiness to you , which is a good thing either way.Although , if this is a medical issue , you really need to find out.

If you are serious about finding out what it is , please consult a Doctor , you will get some pretty " whacky " responses here for sure.

:w00t:

Rods are more sensitive to light and movement than cones but cannot see colour. Multiple rod cells converge into a single interneuron cell. This reduces overall resolution, like merging several pixels into one on a TV picture, but improves sensitivity to movement. This poor resolution and high sensitivity to movement is what causes everyday 'corner of the eye' phenomena, where you are vaguely aware of something in your peripheral vision but cannot see it properly.

Rods insensitivity to colour and poor resolution means that corner of the eye phenomena are typically black and white and their shapes vague. If you turn to look at an object seen in the 'corner of your eye', you will start to see it in much greater detail and in colour. As a consequence, it will look completely different. What was a vague dark shadow in the corner of your eye will turn into a differently shaped object in full colour. Sometimes the difference will be so pronounced that the original object will appear to vanish!,Thats my conclusion on your orbs and thanks to Para for the Links

Possible case of Hypnogogic Hallucination.These hallucinations occur just before falling asleep, and affect a surprisingly high proportion of the population. The hallucinations can last from seconds to minutes, all the while the subject usually remains aware of the true nature of the images. These are usually associated with narcolepsy, but can also affect normal minds. Hypnagogic hallucinations are sometimes associated with brainstem abnormalities, but this is rare.This might be the reason for what you are seeing after waking up from your sleep'

Thanks

B???

Probably should have an updated eye exam! I am a nurse practitioner so shouldn't be a problem getting one. thanks!

• 1 year later...

Probably should have an updated eye exam! I am a nurse practitioner so shouldn't be a problem getting one. thanks!

To be honest there is more to this Rachelb, Let me start from the beginning i saw a orb for what i think to be the first time in 2003 i wasnt quite sure what i saw to be quite honest and at first i was baffled by it, colour (white) as if it was the brightest light shining through a pinhole is how i would describe it, it started in my peripheral vision may i add, a week later we found out my partner at the time was pregnant with our first child, i would see it more often, i associated this with pregnancy from then on (sort of lifeforce energy) i was amazed by this and each time i saw it i questioned myself in my mind asking did i just see that !!!!, my head was telling me to be scientific but i knew this was happening and it wasnt my imagination, i felt a little stupid telling anyone about this incase of ridicule, months past and i confided in my dad, telling him about it who then told me my mum saw the same thing whilst visiting my house during the pregnancy time but didnt tell us so not to scare us... once baby was born i stopped seeing it...

A couple of Years later i saw another orb, A purple/blue sort of colour, i jokingly said to my partner your not pregnant again are you, she asked what makes me say that, anyway to cut it short she was indeed pregnant with our second child... again i saw this purple/blue often during the pregnancy time and my second child was born and again i stopped seeing them...

2008 i lost my dad in a tragic accident... i started to see the same colour as my second childs colour the purple/blue orb... to this day i associate this colour with my daughter and my father, one evening i was opening mail in my kitchen and there was a flash of light to my left side, high up towards the ceiling... literally a split second flash of blue/purple colour, shocked i turned to my left in the direction of the flash but i missed it, i did at that point noticed my son who was 4 years old almost 5 at the time,stood behind me by the kitchen door staring up into the kitchen ceiling space, he was pointing to the ceiling around where this flash of light occured... i didnt really know what to say to him,so i just said what was that, he had a shocked look on his face... i ushered him out of the kitchen into the lounge and asked what he saw... he told me he saw a bubble in the air, in his childs mind he described it by saying it was just like violets forcefield in The incredibles( the disney pixar film animation for kids) only smaller... in my eyes to me he was describing a orb... its so interesting i wish i knew...

i think in some cases it could be medical and is always best to get checked out, i have 20/20 vision, no eye trouble... its still a mystery to me, but i would still lean in the same direction connecting it to lifeforce energy (the spark that gifts us conscienceness maybe) lets hope we one day find out when exiting this reality for the next one...

[/quote

Just realised im a year to late for this conversation... typical !! ha...