Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are You Smarter Than Sarah Palin?

THE MATRIX

She is no "star" in most peoples eyes...thank goodness that most people can see her for what she is. As for the msm; business is business and ratings are ratings...news in the typical sense has gone out the window and been replaced with "reality tv news" so to speak; news is covered if it will garner ratings and bring in financial support by catching the eye of the average american. News here has to support itself unlike most places where it is fully funded by the government and can simply report the news as it happens...

The proof is in the pudding...The average American simply can't/doesn't bother to keep up and pay attention for any length of time with difficult concepts like international banking meltdowns, but can grasp a meltdown by Britney Spears, so voila! Britney makes the news. Sad but true. Banking issues get relegated to the NYT and Business and economic journals where the average American doesn't set foot...the info is covered, but not to the people that it effects. The people that are here in the forums are a unique bunch in regards to their knowledge of the situations; regardless of the political spin they may have on the matter. Even with the world melting around them; apathy is causing people to not care enough to bother to try an make a difference; and the ratings of any recent reality show versus C-span or similar stations...

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• cluey

• Kimi81

• Pseudo Intellectual

The first video I watched was the Jimmy Kimmel video.... than I watched the un-edited version, which i also posted.

The media creates the -spin - and the majority parrots the talking points... this ain't any different?

Let's not forget ---Sarah 'stupid' Palin is a former mayor, governor and vice-presidential candidate.

How did this happen?... was it just 'luck' or a 'fluke'? Did the media help her capture those positions or was it her 'stupidness'?

Her 'stupidness' has generated a number of threads here, the rest of the web and has hyped her all over television.

In essence she has become a star in the eyes of americans and westerners.

Eat it up - while the country is being looted by the banks - people are easily distracted by the MILF in the entertainment spot-light.

The MSM knows this, I can see it, and most here realize it but are too bored with their own life to step back.

Like Fluffy said, Britney Spears is a star. Luck? Fluke? No. I think this happened because she would be as easy to manipulate as so many of the American people have allowed themselves to be. Do as we say and don't stir the pot. She wouldn't have the ability to go against the party no matter how close to hanging off a cliff they come. Think for yourselves people. Don't blindly follow anyone.

I would say it was a parcial fluke. had she been Vetted.. who knows, they might have said "thank you but no.."

We also haven't considered yet how rich in untapped oil deposits the state of Alaska is. Being able to use her to skirt the issues would be a big plus in accepting her into the ring. There has to be some reason other than her wizardry with words that got her picked as a VP nominee.

We also haven't considered yet how rich in untapped oil deposits the state of Alaska is. Being able to use her to skirt the issues would be a big plus in accepting her into the ring. There has to be some reason other than her wizardry with words that got her picked as a VP nominee.

She doesn't even know how much energy her state of Alaska produces yet she is known to be a so called "Energy Expert" by the Right Wing.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/13/palin-alaska-energy/

Edited by wolfram&hart12345

Your last quote sums up my thoughts. Period. Exclamation point! No question ??? about it.

Yet, nobody has ever brought up what Palin's actual IQ is. Only assumptions have been given. Hitler was very intelligent and look what that led to. George Washington was a great leader yet was not known for his intelligence. I am by no means Einstein yet my IQ is well above average. I say this as you do not know what it is and nobody cares. I have trouble with my words as I get bewitted with "brain farts" stuttering etc...

My point is that sometimes our IQ's are equivilated by a personal weakness. Sometimes the best leaders come from those with the most determination, heart and common sense of right and wrong. Common sense can take us a very long way and with the right people surrounding you who may have a higher intellect to even out your weakness, who knows ..... it could be just what the doctor ordered.

Our country is currently having a stroke ... it is true that without a doctor (intelligence) when having a stroke you may not survive.

At the same time it takes a hero ... who may have the intelligence of a nine year old to acknowledge your problem and make sure you are taken care of.

Our country seriously needs that hero!!! Einstein or Gump sometimes the best policies are the most simple and sometimes the most simple of things are over the head of the elite intelligent. We need people who could care less about "right and left" and worry about what is "right and wrong". Until then we will continue to have the same. A stroke!!!

Cut the dramatics :rolleyes: !! All that you are saying might be true, but Palin is not that hero...... :no: There are basic things that someone attempting to run the Country should know, and Palin doesn't know them. I understand that you feel Palin is getting a tough break, and you feel the need to root for her as the underdog, but Palin is just not the person to stand behind to lead our nation, and she has shown that on a constant basis. When immigrants apply for citizenship they have to take a test that ask basic questions on US history that the average 5th grader should know such as founding fathers, basic questions on the Contstitution...etc..etc. So to sit there and say more knowledge is required from an immigrant than the person trying to hold the highest office in the land is ridiculous.

The first video I watched was the Jimmy Kimmel video.... than I watched the un-edited version, which i also posted.

The media creates the -spin - and the majority parrots the talking points... this ain't any different?

Let's not forget ---Sarah 'stupid' Palin is a former mayor, governor and vice-presidential candidate.

How did this happen?... was it just 'luck' or a 'fluke'? Did the media help her capture those positions or was it her 'stupidness'?

Her 'stupidness' has generated a number of threads here, the rest of the web and has hyped her all over television.

In essence she has become a star in the eyes of americans and westerners.

Eat it up - while the country is being looted by the banks - people are easily distracted by the MILF in the entertainment spot-light.

The MSM knows this, I can see it, and most here realize it but are too bored with their own life to step back.

Palin is not a star, she's more like a train wreck that is often painful to watch, but you can't look away. She is an entertainment figure, and I think she is best suited for that instead of Politics. I don't consider her term as Govenor to be succesful because she didn't finish it, she decided to leave and seek out other money making ventures like her book and tv show which is fine. However, most Americans know she does not have what it takes to run the Country. I also find it funny that when Hilary Clinton was being slammed and called every name in the book most Conservatives and Republicans went along with it or said nothing, but now that a female Republican is being attacked in the same manner (and for actual legitimate reasons) they want to become feminist and speak out on Womens rights...give me a break :rolleyes:

My God, Kim. First you say Palin is nothing but a star, and now you say she's not a star at all.

Well, at least you're consistently inconsistent.

As an outsider, it's quite alarming to read the bile, bigotry and hostility thats written by Democrat and Republican supporters in the worlds greatest democracy.

Maybe you need more than 2 political parties.......like a third party that can take the best of both and combine them....or at least try.

Edited by Eldorado

Bigotry will do that.....you ignore the best option because you are too entrenched in your beliefs to listen to anything other than what you are used to.

Sadly, the world has bigotry in abundance.

I'd love to support a third party. It's just I'm pretty sure they're not going to win any elections any time soon. Having %20 of voters vote for the GOP, %20 for a conservative third party, and %40 for the Democratic Party - that is what a third party means. A victory for the liberal Democrats.

No, I'd rather reform the Republican Party.

I'd love to support a third party. It's just I'm pretty sure they're not going to win any elections any time soon. Having %20 of voters vote for the GOP, %20 for a conservative third party, and %40 for the Democratic Party - that is what a third party means. A victory for the liberal Democrats.

Not with that mind set. Reform the republican party?? Good luck with that.

Reform will only be successful if they admit that other parties have some good ideas and take them on board. In many cases, like in the UK, they will only listen if you deny them your vote and tell them why you are not voting for them.

I believe thats why our main political parties stagnate.....they know that they have voters who will vote for them, no matter their policies.

We already have more than 2 parties. It's just nobody pays any attention to them.

They are now. We live in interesting times.

The GOP can be reformed. Just stop supporting the liberal candidates and start supporting the conservative ones.

And a third party will never work. Not unless we can convince every single GOP voter to vote third party. Otherwise, the Democrats will easily win.

The GOP can be reformed. Just stop supporting the liberal candidates and start supporting the conservative ones.

And a third party will never work. Not unless we can convince every single GOP voter to vote third party. Otherwise, the Democrats will easily win.

Nice to see you have an open mind, Pseudo....lol.

What's more important, a good US Government, no matter what party or a good Republican Party?

The only hope for this country is a third party. The GOP has been highjacked. There is no difference between a democratic victory or a republican victory. They both work for the bank. They are both liar's and thiefs. Republicans will tell us what we want to hear, then turn around and do whatever they want once they are in.

We only need just over 30%. With whats been going on latly, that isnt to much of a stretch.

Not to get too off topic, but in this country we have several "third parties". I vote Libertarian. I don't agree with everything, but they are far removed from the corruptness of the democrats and republicans. In terms of political activity (i.e. number of candidates, access to the ballot, and elected office holders), the Libertarian Party is the third-largest political party in America. We’re active in all 50 states and have more than 250,000 registered voters. (from the Libertarian website)

Why aren't there more voters even though a lot of people agree with what they stand for? people tend to want to vote for the winning party and not "waste their vote", but when you ask people if they really like their candidate, they are often just choosing the lesser of two evils rather than the person they really support. It is like they are buying a ticket to a horse race, not demonstrating their wishes on the democratic process. They want to "win" and be "right". Millions and millions of people could change the balance- they really are not happy with their candidate anyway, but yet they stick to a lesser evil...it is sad to see people REALLY wasting their vote under the guise of not wanting to "waste their vote".

What is a Libertarian?

Let's start with Webster's definition:

libertarian: A person who upholds the principles of individual liberty especially of thought and action.

Libertarian: a member of a political party advocating libertarian principles.

Libertarians believe in, and pursue, personal freedom while maintaining personal responsibility. The Libertarian Party itself serves a much larger pro-liberty community with the specific mission of electing Libertarians to public office.

Libertarians strongly oppose any government interfering in their personal, family and business decisions. Essentially, we believe all Americans should be free to live their lives and pursue their interests as they see fit as long as they do no harm to another.

In a nutshell, we are advocates for a smaller government, lower taxes and more freedom.

Are Libertarians liberal or conservative?

Libertarians are neither. Unlike liberals or conservatives, Libertarians advocate a high degree of both personal and economic liberty. For example, Libertarians advocate freedom in economic matters, so we're in favor of lowering taxes, slashing bureaucratic regulation of business, and charitable -- rather than government -- welfare. But Libertarians are also socially tolerant. We won't demand laws or restrictions on other people who we may not agree because of personal actions or lifestyles.

Think of us as a group of people with a "live and let live" mentality and a balanced checkbook.

In a sense, Libertarians “borrow” from both sides to come up with a logical and consistent whole -- but without the exceptions and broken promises of Republican and Democratic politicians. That's why we call ourselves the Party of Principle.

Are You Smarter Than Sarah Palin?

Yes, I am. And I don't need the sarcastic test to tell me this.

In fact, I'm smarter that any elected official in Washington. If I were to limit my votes to politicians smarter than me, I would not be able to vote.

I might also say that I'm smarter than just about everyone at U-M. Don't like heariong that? Why not? I mean, seconds ago you were rolling on the floor ROFLMAO-ing over how you're smarter than Palin. If that's acceptable behavior, then nmy claim is equally acceptable.

I'm smarter that the vast majority of Americans,. I'm smarter than an even vaster majority of Earthlings in general.

I'm smarter than you.

But that doesn't mean I'm always right, does it? It doesn't mean that I get to point, laugh and make up junk about how stupid you are, does it?

Cause if it does, I'll get right to work on that. You're not gonna like it.

Harte

She doesn't even know how much energy her state of Alaska produces yet she is known to be a so called "Energy Expert" by the Right Wing.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/13/palin-alaska-energy/

Naw, she was just using old data to sound more important:

With the discovery of Prudhoe Bay and the construction of the trans-Alaska Pipeline, the oil and gas industry has become Alaska’s economic lifeline and a major secure source of domestic energy. North Slope oil fields accounted for an average of 20 percent of the nation’s domestic production between 1980 and 2000. Currently, Alaska accounts for nearly 13.4% of U.S. production.

source: Alaska Resource Development Council

She should have said oil, not energy, but it's forgivable that an Alaskan would consider these the same thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Especially such a cute Alaskan.

Harte

Well you have the "coming off as a snob" part of "being smarter" down!

As an outsider, it's quite alarming to read the bile, bigotry and hostility thats written by Democrat and Republican supporters in the worlds greatest democracy.

Maybe you need more than 2 political parties.......like a third party that can take the best of both and combine them....or at least try.

Common sense, intelligence, AND excellent whiskey?

Scotland's for me!!!

Harte

Well you have the "coming off as a snob" part of "being smarter" down!

Thanks Cougar,

Coming from you, that's a real compliment.

I mean, that was one of my goals, and to have it recognized by an expert in the field, why, I just don't know what to say! ;D

Harte

*snickers* Any time =P