Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teheran: World must accept Iran into nuclear club

DC09

Well I'm not gonna get into a debate about Isreal and Palistine cause its been done to death and we all know each others thoughts on the matter (although I would argue its the US media who are bias and Europ who are objective rolleyes.gif ).

However, we're not going to convince the other side we're right or not and we're kinda of topic here, so we really should go from Middle Eastern governments back to nuclear weapons before the an arguement starts grin2.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Erikl

• joc

• Talon

• xanubia

Top Posters In This Topic

The way it seems to me, is the we (the US), don't really want anyone horning in on our monopoly on the nuke market. Our deterrent is a little less effective when there's other nuclear powers walking around, who can at least get in the first punch before being pretty much annihilated. Those are just my thoughts, and not necessarily sane or rational.

ON the subject of Iran having nukes, I question the priorities of these countries who work really, really hard on their weapons programs when they're barely out of the third world. Take North Korea for example, chock full of starving people, but they have shiny new ballistic missiles. Any country that puts it's weapons programs ahead of the welfare of its people just can't be trusted, in my opinion.

Talon, again and again we agree, so much so that it start to scare me huh.gif ... laugh.gif LOL

Anyway, back to the nukes cool.gif :

I agree with snuffypuffer here: countries that barely out of the third world and aspire for nuclear ability, are trouble makers. The fact that they are third world countries says that their society as well as economy and politics is not very stable.

I think that the U.N should set up some terms on what countries are allowed to hold nukes and what countries are not allowed.

For example - countries which are third world states (a disputed term, I know) should not be allowed to posses such a weapon.

The U.N should set up a nuke-police to monitor and if needed use force to prevent such countries from having nuclear ability.

I agree with snuffypuffer here: countries that barely out of the third world and aspire for nuclear ability, are trouble makers. The fact that they are third world countries says that their society as well as economy and politics is not very stable.

true, true, true

I think that the U.N should set up some terms on what countries are allowed to hold nukes and what countries are not allowed.

For example - countries which are third world states (a disputed term, I know) should not be allowed to posses such a weapon.

The U.N should set up a nuke-police to monitor and if needed use force to prevent such countries from having nuclear ability.

I think the UN should just say 'no more nukes period!' there are enough to wipe out the world, they just kill civilans and waste tax payer money. The west has enough not to be worried about newer nuclear powers, and the non-democractic states don't have much to worry about from the a pascifist west so long as they don't support terrorists or annoy the US government. As such no side need build any more of the things.

So you're saying that only the top few countries can have nukes so that they can push everyone else around, and keep them from ever attaining equality. Gotcha. Really democratic of you, I must say.

So you're saying that only the top few countries can have nukes so that they can push everyone else around, and keep them from ever attaining equality. Gotcha. Really democratic of you, I must say.

I said to myself, "She's 16"; then I looked at your profile...I was right!!!

I knew it.....don't worry sweetheart, you won't be as ignorant about politics as you are now forever......hopefully tongue.gifwub.gif

I knew it.....don't worry sweetheart,  you won't be as ignorant about politics as you are now forever......hopefully tongue.gif  wub.gif

joc... I find it so hard to believe that you didn't win funniest member... tongue.gif

xanubia...don't listen to joc...he likes it when we invade countries and nuke things. He's kinda jumpy that way... grin2.gif

Edited by fluffybunny

xanubia...don't listen to joc...he likes it when we invade countries and nuke things. He's kinda jumpy that way...  grin2.gif

I like freedom xanubia..........I don't like terrorists.........and I am right much more than I am wrong..........and I am never left tongue.gif

or as 'Charles' said in one episode of MASH: In the first place I don't sweat....I perspire....and in the second place....I don't perspire! cool.gif

joc, come on behave.. whistling2.gif

And this statement

and I am right much more than I am wrong..........
Thank you for the giggle... wink2.gif

Admittedly xanubia may not have lived so long and gained a lot of Knowledge but at least she willing to listen and learn (most of the time).

So lets' get back to the subject at hand.... But before you do, a theory... How about we get rid of al the WOMD and give all our leaders... Large wooden clubs.. it could deter some arguements... whistling2.gifdevil.gif

Now please back on with the disscussion thumbsup.gif

you won't be as ignorant about politics as you are now forever......hopefully tongue.gifwub.gif

*Falls over laughing*

Pot, this is kettle, you're black! wink2.gif

joc - lol grin2.giflaugh.gif

xanubia:

No, I said that countries that do not meet a certain level of responsibility for it's own citizens, and which it's citizens as no way of criticise the government (ie non-democratic regime), should be forced to not get nukes.

As for more developed, democratic countries - ofcourse the it will be best if nukes were not needed. But the truth is that some countries are still around only because of their nuclear abilities (or supposed nuclear ability)...

but some countries only develop nukes so no body will bother them. Such countries, such as Iran, and N. Korea, are bound to be trouble-makers.

They are non-democractic, their people are starving of very poor, their regime is agressive to other countries, etc..

Such states should not be allowed to be nuclear.

So lets' get back to the subject at hand.... But before you do, a theory... How about we get rid of al the WOMD and give all our leaders... Large wooden clubs.. it could deter some arguements... whistling2.gif  devil.gif

Yes, I prefer the 'good ole days' myself when....if a woman even looked at a man the wrong way, he would drag her by the hair across the cave floor and slam her head up against the cave wall and then paint pictures of bears and such with the remaining blood. The world was a much less violent place then tongue.gif

as should be obvious by the smiley thingy, joc is just being humorously sarcastic and would like for all to know of the utmost respect he has for women....and large wooden clubs

A nuclear bomb is somewhat a 'large wooden club'; in the hands of a good government it is a silver shiny thing in a silo that speaks in a very soft voice....in the hands of an evil government or regime, it is a reminder of how quickly and efficiently our enemies can destroy us.

Wasn't it Teddy Roosevelt who once said, 'Walk softly and carry a big nuclear bomb arsenal!'? thumbsup.gif

Edited by joc

How about we get rid of al the WOMD and give all our leaders... Large wooden clubs.. it could deter some arguements...

After the power of Nuclear weapons were seen, Einstein actually made a famours quote: "I don't know what weapons WW3 with be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

JOc really you are a gem. grin2.gif

Xanubia, just check everyones reaction to his comment about YOUR ignorance..... LOL dont worry about it

Ah, but BA...that is an assumption that the Iranians have A. a thread of common sense and B. the complete belief that we would obliterate them....Saddam did not have that belief...maybe now they do....

I doubt it sad.gif

Edited by Tommy