Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

'Priceless' Amber Room of the Tsars, found?

Still Waters
The Amber Room of the Tsars - one of the greatest missing treasures of WW2 that was looted by the Nazis during their invasion of the Soviet Union - may have been found.

A Russian treasure hunter is currently excavating in the enclave of Kaliningrad where he has discovered a World War II era bunker that the local German high command used in the battle for the city in 1945.

If Sergei Trifonov is correct then he has solved one of the greatest riddles left over from the war - and will make himself into a multi-millionaire.

He anticipates that he will break into the bunker by the end of the month to find the treasure.

Crafted entirely out of amber, gold and precious stones, the room made of numerous panels was a masterpiece of baroque art and widely regarded as the world's most important art treasure.

When its 565 candles were lit the Amber Room was said to 'glow a fiery gold'. It is estimated to be worth around £150million, but many consider it priceless.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Science Geek

OMG, its amazing... Thanks for posting.

behaviour???
A budding explorer might have discovered a 'priceless' art treasure looted by the Nazis, which has been missing since the end of the second world war.

The Amber Room of the Tsars was seized by the Nazis during their invasion of the Soviet Union in WWII.

But, according to a report in The Sun, treasure hunter Sergei Trifonov has found a bunker in the Russian city of Kaliningrad, formerly called Konigsberg, which he says contains the incredible treasure.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

Mac E

I'll believe it when it hits the mainstream media. Right now it is some bricks in the ground with no proof of the treasue being there. I do hope it is found, however I'm not getting my hopes up for this article.

Keel M.

I'll believe it when it hits the mainstream media. Right now it is some bricks in the ground with no proof of the treasue being there. I do hope it is found, however I'm not getting my hopes up for this article.

I agree Mac. The article started out sounding as though something was discovered and it just needs to be verified, but then further down you read that the guy who thinks he's made the discovery hasn't even broken into the place he believes them to be located. So how did he reach his conclusion? I'd like to see some sort of research of what led him to this particular location.

DieChecker

The Vaults of Al Capone ring any bells with the older members?

Could just be nothing. We'll have to wait and see.

~ MacDDT ~

I hope they find it but I'm afraid it was probably destroyed by their own bombs during the war (amber burns)

sarah snow

This had always been one of my favourite mysteries since childhood....but it does look like they're counting waaayyyyy too many chickens here. Agree with Mac E that it would be FANTASTIC if it was found...but very, very premature vis-a-vis headlines :hmm:

meankitty

I hope he finds it, but this amount of before-the-fact hoopla is just asking for an epic fail.

brlesq1

I've always wanted to see it. Hope the guy finds it.

Hans Dolbrook

i'll believe it when it's shown in a picture or tv report.