Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
behaviour???

'Binding climate change deal reachable

behaviour???

ABU DHABI (AFP) – Countries could reach a binding agreement on climate change in Mexico City this year after failing to do so in Copenhagen, the chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change said Tuesday.

"I think we have a very short period of time in which the world has to get its act together.And if that happens, then certainly Mexico could produce a binding agreement," Rajendra Pachauri told a news conference at the third World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

preacherman76

They do have a very short period of time. There is no arguing that.

Wickian

As time goes by it's getting more and more unlikely a deal will ever be made thankfully.

DieChecker

There is a chance of a deal, but really, are the odds any better then they were at Coopenhagen? It seems to me that every country is out for their own interests (of course). So, I doubt a binding deal can ever be reached without some kind of stronger world government, which at this time in human history is just not going to happen.

It will need to get a lot worse before people will all agree. Kind of like people people refusing to leave a burning house, because their dinner is cooking and their favorite TV show is on. (A little smoke is not going to kill you, right?) :lol:

stevewinn

even if a climate change deal is reached, the targets set will never be met.

climate change has to be the biggest con since the bible. it truly ranks high up on the list.

I've always been fascinated how religions started, and how did the few get so many to believe with very little cogent evidence. but i am now witnessing how it happens and its remarkable, it truly is.

I have no doubt the people in 22nd century will look back at us lot, and class the 21st century has the age of imbecility.

President-Elect Acidhead

January 31st 2010

Mark it on the calendar.

The frame work needed to 'go ahead' with or without signatures from the poor and developing country's was settled with the Copenhagen Accord.

'either you are with us or without us' is the 21st century slogan for the NWO

Everybody in the western world is ALREADY paying carbon taxes to the in-elected IMF wether you believe it or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_Accord

Agrees that developed countries would raise funds of $30 billion from 2010-2012 of new and additional resources

Agrees a "goal" for the world to raise $100 billion per year by 2020, from "a wide variety of sources", to help developing countries cut carbon emissions (mitigation). New multilateral funding for adaptation will be delivered, with a governance structure.

The operation is moving ahead and many still think that Copenhagen was a complete bust.

January 31st 2010 -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_Accord

About mitigation agrees that developed countries (Annex I Parties) would "commit to economy-wide emissions targets for 2020" to be submitted by 31 January 2010 and agrees that these Parties to the Kyoto Protocol would strengthen their existing targets. Delivery of reductions and finance by developed countries will be measured, reported and verified (MRV) in acordance with COP guidelines.

Agrees that developing nations (non-Annex I Parties) would "implement mitigation actions" to slow growth in their carbon emissions, submitting these by 31 January 2010. LDS and SIDS may undertake actions voluntarily and on the basis of (international) support.

Agrees that developing countries would report those actions once every two years via the U.N. climate change secretariat, subjected to their domestic MRV. NAMAs seeking international support will be subject to international MRV

Also NOTE on the calendar - Obama's State of the Union address speech scheduled for January 27th, 2010

hmmmmm........ I wonder what Obama will have to say about AGW and the Copenhagen Treaty when he addresses the nation that night?

hmmmmmm..... ALL will declare Victory.