Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Invision Board Updates Progress

Saru

Here are the known issues that need to be addressed in the setting up of the new Invision forum software.

- Old smilies don't work

- Site Navigation links needs re-implementing

- Overall graphical style is to be changed

- Various minor configuration tweaks

- Rank Titles etc. need to be re-added

If you know of any other problems or issues, please use this thread to report them. I'll post further details regarding the progress of these updates soon.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Magikman

• Tommy

Progress update:

- Gallery Avatars now work again

Additional bugs to be fixed

I will probably be adding a whole new set of avatar images in the near future to suit the unexplained theme. For the moment, could those with external avatars please re-add the link to those avatars from your control panel. Thanks.

The "feature" that restricts boards so that by default, only 30 days worth of posts are shown, has been disabled - all posts and topics are again fully visible in all boards.

The "new posts don't mark as read after reading them" bug I mentioned in the previous post isn't actually a bug at all - the way that boards are marked as read works slightly differently on this forum.

I'll post more details on how that system works later on today.

The attachments feature has now been enabled, members can upload images with their posts, with a maximum file size of 50 kilobytes.

As with previous forum transitions, attachments posted on the old forum will need to be re-uploaded to this one, but I will try and re-upload some of the most popular ones myself.

Guests will need to register before being able to post file attachments.

All the smilies have been re-enabled, you can view the complete list by clicking "show all" in the smilies box when you post.

Unfortunately the format of the smilies is completely different for Invision than for the previous board software, which means that smilies posted in old topics will not show up properly.

The only way to fix this is to download the posts table from the database, and go through it with a search and replace program to alter the smilie code for all the old posts. This is a somewhat time consuming job and something I will come back to.

Smilies posted since the new forum was put in, will be unaffected.

hey Gareth, could you please check my inbox for any irregularities. Seems I have more messages than I should have.. huh.gif

Tommy,

Your inbox can hold a maximum of 50 messages, so if you have more than that you'll need to delete/download/save some of them.

It would be a good idea for everyone to check their inboxes to make sure nobody has more than 50 messages in their inbox folder, as it may result in some problems when sending or receiving messages in the future.

cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Very small update:

I've updated the "most users online ever" counter on the main forum index, to correctly reflect the huge traffic surge we had in October, which saw a massive 123 users on the forum simultaneously.

The counter had reset itself during the conversion from the old YaBB forum.

cool.gif

Gareth,

You know what I miss? The statistics board from the old forum. I really got a kick out of seeing the numbers generated every day in a visual form. Not so much which thread was most popular, but you could see daily information as to greatest number of visitors, page views, new members, etc. It was oddly satisfying and encouraging to see the amount of traffic and interest to the forum increasing just about every day. The Invision Board wouldn't happen to offer anything like that, would they? unsure.gif

Magikman smile.gif

Magikman,

There is a statistics section in the administration area, although it's different to the old stats section, it only displays posts and page views over a specified period and isn't really all that useful.

I'll keep a look out for a public statistics page mod on some of the Invision support sites, along with a few other features that I think I can install via mods, including things from the old forum such as the Country Flags and a "Home" link in the options menu.