Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctor claims he has evidence of the afterlif

TRUEYOUTRUEME

Does anyone know what happened to those tests that doctors were going to carry out where they placed picture cards above the patients bed? There were so many reports of patients accurately describing what was going on in the room while they were dying because their 'spirit' rose above their body. The doctors were so impressed with the accuracy of the descriptions of what happened that they were going to ask patients if they saw the cards thus proving that the patients had an actual out of body experience and the soul is seperate from the physical. Im sure I saw this on the BBC site I would very much like to know what the results were.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ignus Fatuus

• TheBloom

• FlyingAngel

• mattavich123

i had a near death episode in 1999. junior year of high school, football practice, august. *cues music from any NFL films presents* the swealtering heat of new brockton alabama imposing its will on 30 some-odd students. then THUD. i was out. heat stroke. by the time i was ambulanced(?) to the emergency room, and temperature was taken, they say i literally broke the thermometer. temp of at least 112. doctors said that every major organ had shut down. they say my heart stopped for a minute or two. brain shut down too i think. by the time i came to, i thought i was at home. the beeping of the heart monitor made me think my alarm was going off! however, when i awoke i could not move. the doctors had to give me something to paralyze me. apparently when i am unconscious i struggle and fight.(ask the doctors who removed my tonsils back in the day!) after my mom explained to me what had happened i was stunned. i had been in a coma for a couple of days. i remembered feeling very dizzy and not sweating. then i woke up. long story short, no visions of light. no conversations with a deity. no reunions with dead family. nothing. my mom and sister were quite surprised that i saw nothing. maybe not the typically reported near death experience, but thought i should throw out there that not all NDE's have lights and nymphs and ted nugent look-a-likes. i do think that i did see the afterlife though. Nothing. it is my belief that after you die, you decompose. period. but thats just me. the doctor told my family that my survival was a miracle. the irony is rather poetic: miracle kid! god saves boy, boy grows up to be somewhat athiest! mmmmm, tasty!

Edited by witchfinder general

I think they should do a mythbusters ep on NDE's. There has to be some intelligent forms of testing that can be utilized for this. Like blindfold a dying patient (you could actually use many people in this expirement...if they're terminally ill), take him to a room with weird objects in it. He dies. They resuscitate him, (if possible) and wheel him out of the room with said blindfold still on. Then they ask him what kind of objects he saw when he left his body...it really shouldn't be that difficult to pull something like this off.

I'm pretty sure terminally ill patients wouldn't want there last moments on this planet blindfolded. And if you think you'd see this on a tv show, let alone a family show, you are clearly mistaken. It's unethical.

Hate talk of of people "dying and coming back". People don't die and then come back to life, they "nearly die"........ hence the saying "near-death"!!!!

Once you're dead, you're dead....no comebacks, no encores.

Well, how do you define dead then?

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Clinically+dead

clinically dead

as far as can be ascertained by a clinical examination the patient is dead. There is no pulse, no respiratory movement and no corneal reflex.

People come back from this all the time, well the lucky ones do anyway. Would you concede if they ticked all those boxes that they were by definition, dead?

It's quite hard to prove what does not exist in life :P

I suppose it could be possible, but proving the afterlife from the "life" side of the universe seems... Well, maybe it's kinda like proving the existence of other universes :D

Does anyone know what happened to those tests that doctors were going to carry out where they placed picture cards above the patients bed? There were so many reports of patients accurately describing what was going on in the room while they were dying because their 'spirit' rose above their body. The doctors were so impressed with the accuracy of the descriptions of what happened that they were going to ask patients if they saw the cards thus proving that the patients had an actual out of body experience and the soul is seperate from the physical. Im sure I saw this on the BBC site I would very much like to know what the results were.

I heard about this too. They placed words and pictures on the inside of the ceiling tiles of the operating rooms. The patients that "died on the table" and were brought back to life were able to describe the pictures and words.

I had an NDE five years ago. No tunnel light or anything else, it was more as if I was in a place where there were many ways to take but I wasn't the one to choose, "something" / "someone"bigger than me would make the choice.

I don't believe in god, I'm a skeptic for almost everything, for me it's just the brain trying to associate ideas to what's happening because it's not able to understand what's going on. I had hopes to survive, wanted to know what my options were at the time and I couldn't do anything. My brain made it all up so I didn't become insane, simple chemical survival process. Oh yes, I've "seen" one person of my family too, because I thought I'd like to see that person one more time and maybe I wouldn't be able to.

NDE isn't a part of every human's experience, not enough datas have been added to the common human knowledge (which includes things such as breathing, closing your eyes when some object comes near and so on...) so the brain has to improvise something when it's happening to prevent mental damage/keep you alive.

As I see it it's only one way to find out the truth, and that is to die. Don't think it can be proven in any scientific way, not disproven either.

We come into life as one cell and a sperm which contain all the information to build the complex lifeform that we are, that there should be some form of existance for our "soul" after we die seems like less of a miracle compared to that.

A little bit of psychology for you ... I tried to ring your bell and it sounded "ding dong". I am not one of the trolls on this website. I am wasting my time??? I do not want them to exist ... I know they exist. That is fact and I will be my "soul" on it.

SP's, Ignus Fatuus ... rung your bell. You are out to disprove anything that anybody believes and yet I only believe what I have seen, not 21.3 grams bulldung which I have not.

Skeptics or Septics??? ... One questions the truth and the other questions others. I know squat, yet you wasted your time on me talking souls and I wasted my time getting a ring out of you for unexplainable purposes.

People know nothing about the reality of the universe. Do not pretend you know anything about the unexplainable. Just because you have not seen or disagree with someone does not give you the right to purposely offend them. A simple ... "I belive you are wrong" would suffice!!!

Yes, by the way you are right on one thing ... I could have explained what and who I have asked this particular question with in the past. My beef is that you attacked when this was just pudding on a hamburger. O'K to disagree ... not O'K to attempt to make a mockery.

A complex you are dumb, I know all just shows true colors. Your color is red. By the way, study up on Earthlights and give me a message ... a reasonable message. Want to debate??? This is good, as it questions the questions. Does not affect my life ... this is just as more than likely with you a hobby, yet I question to answer ... you have answers to complex questions.

One last note ... communicating with those who study the unexplainable. This does give me a heads up on things. They know more on many things than I or you. Every great discovery of science came from those who thought outside of the box. In the future do not get boxed in.

You sir, are NOT from Kentucky. Nobody from KY(he he..KY) would use a term like "pudding on a hamburger".

I had an NDE five years ago. No tunnel light or anything else, it was more as if I was in a place where there were many ways to take but I wasn't the one to choose, "something" / "someone"bigger than me would make the choice.

That's interesting. I have a 'vague memory' of being a 'child'(for lack of a better word) of a circle of ancestors who lived in a dimension above my head somewhere and decided some kinds of stuff for/about me. Sorry this is so vague but it's a hard 'memory' to grasp hold of and translate into words.

Hey - I had a near-life experience once!

Has anyone else seen that bumper sticker -'You don't have to be dead to move towards the light'? Cute, eh.

Edited by Juanita Rose Violini

You sir, are NOT from Kentucky. Nobody from KY(he he..KY) would use a term like "pudding on a hamburger".

I was wondering about that as well, what does it even mean lol sound like a British thing LOL

Of course there is life after death you morons. Where do you think ghost and spirits and such come from? Why is there even research being done on this? Who actually believes we die and that's it.. :sleepy:Some of you peoples are just stern unbelievers

I don't believe you said that.

That is good to know ... wonder where I have been living at this whole time??? :lol:

Yet actually I heard pudding on a hamburger from a Fraternity brother in college, from New York.

he he ... KY. Mock my hillbilliness!!! Proud to be one!!! If doodie ever hits the fan, I have many a place to go and can live off the land.

Proud to be backwards ... :tu:

I was wondering about that as well, what does it even mean lol sound like a British thing LOL

Pudding on a hamburger ... two things which are not good together, yet nothing to get p***ed about. ;)

I hear alot of talk here about adequate research... I would remind you that a doctor of Oncology is in the best position to do the actual research as he has to deal with death quite often. He came to this conclusion because of the similar stories being told. I am in a position where I get to speak to many in the medical field, specifically Oncology and all these folks have stories about watching people die. The stories go beyond just the tunnel of light. Folks who are close to death start to see things, people in the room who are deceased and not just old people. And this is only a hypothesis, he did not say that he has conclusively proven the afterlife. Only that there is mounting evidence that it exists. True you can counter his argument, but you can only counter it with other superfluous evidence to support your own hypothesis. Personally I like to think there is an afterlife tho I leave my definition of what it is open

I don't believe you said that.

I really doubt this tread exists. It just a figment of all ya'lls Imagination. Bunch of internet believing wierdos!!

Long noted that he was especially fascinated that very small children who have near-death experiences almost always recount the same stories as adults, even if the concept of death isn’t fully formed in their minds.

“My research involved experiences of young children age 5 and under, and I found the content of their near-death experiences is absolutely identical to older children and adults,” he told Vieira. “It suggests that whether you know about near-death experiences, what your cultural upbringing is, what your awareness of death is, it doesn’t seem to have any effect on the content of the near-death experience.”

I believe the above quote says volumes. I am neither defending this doctor nor refuting him but he seems to have done his homework. To assume the unknown is to close your mind off to possibilities. As a Christian I do believe in an afterlife. Ignus Fatuus, I was able to understand everything you said and I think you made some good points.

JMO

Hate talk of of people "dying and coming back". People don't die and then come back to life, they "nearly die"........ hence the saying "near-death"!!!!

Once you're dead, you're dead....no comebacks, no encores.

Medically speaking this is false. People die and are brought back to life quite often. Sometimes these deaths can last for quite a while depending on the circumstances (trauma vs. drowning etc.). When going through EMT training the policy is if theyve been dead for 60 minutes or less in freezing or near freezing temperatures then life saving measures should be taken. SO thats a full hour of being dead before being resuscitated.

I'm pretty sure terminally ill patients wouldn't want there last moments on this planet blindfolded. And if you think you'd see this on a tv show, let alone a family show, you are clearly mistaken. It's unethical.

Well, how do you define dead then?

People come back from this all the time, well the lucky ones do anyway. Would you concede if they ticked all those boxes that they were by definition, dead?

If I was dying, I'd sign up for it. What better way to go out than being the person who informed humanity that there is, or isn't an afterlife? Unethical? Pssh, if they can televise the gruesomeness of birth, I don't see what the big deal is in regard to it's opposite. If the moral police objected, they wouldn't even have to televise that part.

Edited by SpiderCyde

I personally conducted the same Study in Canada, and Rome for part of a thesis paper for my stay at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome. The results were much like the doctor states here. I always think logic before jumping to conclusions, and was skeptical at first. It was a 4 year old girl that surprised me. She died during a heart procedure, and I interviewed her and the parents at the Hospital ( many nurses gave me astounding stories of patients ). She told me there was a very bright light, like a flashlight, and there was a man there. She told me mommy told me to never talk to strangers, but I know he was not a stranger. When I asked her what did he look like, she pointed to the Crucifix I was wearing, and said it was the man around your neck. She was raised in a non religious home, her parents are in fact Atheist, and the little girl had no understanding of religion, or the bible. Anyone else I interviewed I could always just assume the brain might trigger a vision of a God or Jesus, assuming anyone believes in the " God Gene ", however a little girl, with no comprehension of life, death, or a religious afterlife to picture Jesus as a heart warming individual to picture before possibly dying, well..... that made me a believer.

God Bless, Azalin

I personally conducted the same Study in Canada, and Rome for part of a thesis paper for my stay at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome. The results were much like the doctor states here. I always think logic before jumping to conclusions, and was skeptical at first. It was a 4 year old girl that surprised me. She died during a heart procedure, and I interviewed her and the parents at the Hospital ( many nurses gave me astounding stories of patients ). She told me there was a very bright light, like a flashlight, and there was a man there. She told me mommy told me to never talk to strangers, but I know he was not a stranger. When I asked her what did he look like, she pointed to the Crucifix I was wearing, and said it was the man around your neck. She was raised in a non religious home, her parents are in fact Atheist, and the little girl had no understanding of religion, or the bible. Anyone else I interviewed I could always just assume the brain might trigger a vision of a God or Jesus, assuming anyone believes in the " God Gene ", however a little girl, with no comprehension of life, death, or a religious afterlife to picture Jesus as a heart warming individual to picture before possibly dying, well..... that made me a believer.

God Bless, Azalin

Wow. That's all I can really say in response.

I second that. As for the rest of the thread, it was destroying my brain cells slowly I think. Whether or not the afterlife exists, we will all get the answer soon enough :P

I second that. As for the rest of the thread, it was destroying my brain cells slowly I think. Whether or not the afterlife exists, we will all get the answer soon enough :P

PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR,

The thing with the afterlife, is no one really knows what to expect. Reminds me of the story of Harry Houdini, when he became infatuated with the occult. He said to prove the afterlife exists, when he dies to perform a seance during his birthday, and if there was anyway possible, he would make contact to prove it's credibility. Well, his mother did just that for many years following his unfortunate death, and nothing came from it. What rules, boundaries, or trip one takes in the afterlife, might be different for everyone.

As for my findings and many interviews on the topic, I was going to place them into a book. Unfortunately during my University years I did not get permission from these individuals to copyright there stories and words. I simply aquired footnotes for University grade purposes :( doh !.

God Bless, Azalin

n assuming anyone believes in the " God Gene ", however a little girl, with no comprehension of life, death, or a religious afterlife to picture Jesus as a heart warming individual to picture before possibly dying, well..... that made me a believer.

God Bless, Azalin

How strange I have an Uncle Gene. :blink: Perhaps it was he, the little girl saw. :unsure:

What rules, boundaries, or trip one takes in the afterlife, might be different for everyone.

Very possible if you consider the power belief can actually have. What happens to you after death may very well be tied to what you actually believed in life.

That goes double for me. WoW WoW LOL