Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctor claims he has evidence of the afterlif

TRUEYOUTRUEME

Ignus Fatuus will tell us next that we only use 10% of our brains. :P

Uhmmm ??????????????????????

????????????????

?????????

????

??

?

where in gods green ... I mean blue earth did you get that one???? I am starting to think that most people on this particular forum are here just to argue and "start arguments at that"!!!

Science says we only use 10 percent of our brains ... I have tried over and over and over again to say that science has its ying and yang.

Its ying is appropriate and tries to discover ... yang on the other hand screams and shuns whoever believes what science cannot explain.

Most of you on this site cannot fathom what I have seen/heard/felt in my lifetime dealing with the paranormal. Is this arrogance??? You bet your damn donk it is. I have tried repeativly to explain what I know is true. Not what I do not know.

Skeptics can be septics .... and trolls!!!

Many here need to grow up and I need to be more easy with you .... you just do not have a clue!!! :(

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ignus Fatuus

• TheBloom

• FlyingAngel

• mattavich123

I was wondering about that as well, what does it even mean lol sound like a British thing LOL

Definately not a British thing. I'm English and I haven't got a clue what he's talking about.

Uhmmm ??????????????????????

????????????????

?????????

????

??

?

where in gods green ... I mean blue earth did you get that one???? I am starting to think that most people on this particular forum are here just to argue and "start arguments at that"!!!

Science says we only use 10 percent of our brains ... I have tried over and over and over again to say that science has its ying and yang.

Its ying is appropriate and tries to discover ... yang on the other hand screams and shuns whoever believes what science cannot explain.

Most of you on this site cannot fathom what I have seen/heard/felt in my lifetime dealing with the paranormal. Is this arrogance??? You bet your damn donk it is. I have tried repeativly to explain what I know is true. Not what I do not know.

Skeptics can be septics .... and trolls!!!

Many here need to grow up and I need to be more easy with you .... you just do not have a clue!!! :(

We're not trolls. It's just you don't explain WHY you know they exist. You need PROOF. We can't just 'take your word' for it because something has supposedly happened to you. You need to PROVE it to us. If you can't do that then of course we're going to disagree with you. That doesn't make us trolls.

Stop being so butt hurt about it.

Not everyone is going to agree with you. Get over it.

We're not trolls. It's just you don't explain WHY you know they exist. You need PROOF. We can't just 'take your word' for it because something has supposedly happened to you. You need to PROVE it to us. If you can't do that then of course we're going to disagree with you. That doesn't make us trolls.

Stop being so butt hurt about it.

Not everyone is going to agree with you. Get over it.

That is just the thing DukeofNoodleness ... "very cool surname!!!". Science has yet to invent the technology to scientifically prove what these things are. All we have at the time is an overflow of historical accounts and pictures etc. Anecdotal evidence and correlations do nothing to prove anything in the scientific realm.

I am not "butt hurt" about it ... just fiending to discover what they are. I can understand that you do not agree ... if I had not seen/heard/felt things in my life I would be in the same position. All that I can tell you is that one ... I should not be alive, two ... I felt something wonderful before coming out of a coma that I should by no scientific means came out of and three ... I have "seen the light" of things and it expanded my mind in wonderful ways.

I mean no harm to many of you for calling you trolls. I am just hard willed and cannot understand how people can disprove things that they do not understand. I know not everyone is going to agree with me. Again if I had not seen, I would not believe myself. All that I can tell you is that I am telling the truth ... especially with Earthlights ... truth as far as I know it.

Not everyone here or anywhere are full of it. Some people have experienced things which "expand their minds". I am one of them, yet no one wants to correctly debate me. All I hear is your wrong and "your wrong" comes from attacks. I can take a simple, "I do not believe that" but some on this website seem angry and attack while knowing nothing.

Again ... Afterlife??? I have no idea, yet I know what I felt. Earthlights? ... they are real and science has proven their existence yet cannot understand what they are. I want debate ... not just a "you are stupid" ... "you do not know what you are talking about" ... "blah, blah, blah". I want you to "ASSUME" that I am telling the truth and for people to think outside of the box. Every great discovery in science has come from those thinking outside of the box.

No way to prove some things while shut in the darkness of the box ... just want debate, want to learn and to not deal with people who think that everyone on here who know from experiences things beyond our understanding are lying and just full of "I want to believe"!!! ... I do not have to believe. I know some things ... I just want debate .. to teach .. and to learn!!! Not be called stupid "NOT ON THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC" for knowing what many have not an idea about. We will one day understand these mysteries ... until then you can sit on the box ... BUT DO NOT STUFF YOUR DONK INSIDE THE BOX!!!

Definately not a British thing. I'm English and I haven't got a clue what he's talking about.

The english of america and English of Britian etc ... have their own sub qualities. Slang changes while mixing with other cultures. All that I know is what I know.

Pudding on a hamburger ... simple. Two things which are not good together, yet cause no harm ... if you are starving.

Metaphors!!! ... like calling a 57 Chevy "bad" or saying "whats up" to a foreign exchange student and having them look at the ceiling and saying "lights" ... slang, metaphors, not all will understand. Again unless you think outside of the box.

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

That is just the thing DukeofNoodleness ... "very cool surname!!!". Science has yet to invent the technology to scientifically prove what these things are. All we have at the time is an overflow of historical accounts and pictures etc. Anecdotal evidence and correlations do nothing to prove anything in the scientific realm.

Right, so why jump to one conclusion and disregard the other? I did not disagree with you on the point of their being a soul (even though I am Athiest) all I did was disagree with your claim that 'doctors' as a collective suggest we lose 21 grams of matter at point of death, which is untrue. You didn't even state Medical doctor. I could be a doctor of engineering and it would still have been in your 'collective' doctor statement. That is all. The evidence is out there for you to see for yourself. There was only one doctor, who I believe was a fraud, and the rest of the medical profession do not really take his word for it. You can even do a poll if you want to argue your point more. Ask 1000 Medical doctors what they think, then you can say that 'statistically on average [insert number] out of 1000 medical doctors claim...'

It's about giving your evidence intelligently. You can't whine that 'oh I've had experiences' and expect people to hail you as a master of knowledge. Set out your arguments a little more structured and intelligently and some of us might give you more credit.

I am not "butt hurt" about it ... just fiending to discover what they are. I can understand that you do not agree ... if I had not seen/heard/felt things in my life I would be in the same position. All that I can tell you is that one ... I should not be alive, two ... I felt something wonderful before coming out of a coma that I should by no scientific means came out of and three ... I have "seen the light" of things and it expanded my mind in wonderful ways.

I guess you didn't read my previous statement all the way through then. I HAVE had experiences, that doesn't mean I'm going to apoint myself qualified to judge whether the supernatural exists or not. You seem to have a different opinion, that is fine, but unless you produce a decent argument my opinion still stands.

I mean no harm to many of you for calling you trolls. I am just hard willed and cannot understand how people can disprove things that they do not understand.

Then just deal with it. We are not disproving anything. Nor have I said you are wrong about your beliefs. I have simply said I DO NOT AGREE. And that is ALL I have said. I have not said a single thing to you about the existence of anything!!

Not everyone here or anywhere are full of it. Some people have experienced things which "expand their minds". I am one of them, yet no one wants to correctly debate me. All I hear is your wrong and "your wrong" comes from attacks. I can take a simple, "I do not believe that" but some on this website seem angry and attack while knowing nothing.

That is exactly what I have said to you. So take it and stop with these whiny self indulgent posts!

Earthlights? ... they are real and science has proven their existence yet cannot understand what they are. I want debate ... not just a "you are stupid" ... "you do not know what you are talking about" ... "blah, blah, blah". I want you to "ASSUME" that I am telling the truth and for people to think outside of the box. Every great discovery in science has come from those thinking outside of the box.

I haven't said you're stupid. Nor that you don't know what you're talking about (apart from the doctor debate). Had nothing to do with your infinite knowledge of Earthlights. Earthlights are unexplained, that does not mean the same thing as paranormal.

No way to prove some things while shut in the darkness of the box ... just want debate, want to learn and to not deal with people who think that everyone on here who know from experiences things beyond our understanding are lying and just full of "I want to believe"!!! ... I do not have to believe. I know some things ... I just want debate .. to teach .. and to learn!!! Not be called stupid "NOT ON THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC" for knowing what many have not an idea about. We will one day understand these mysteries ... until then you can sit on the box ... BUT DO NOT STUFF YOUR DONK INSIDE THE BOX!!!

Where I stick my 'metaphorical non-existant' donk is none of your business! But enough with the wisecracks..I'm so sick of going round in circles. Every reply has been the same. Begging for attention at your glorious wisdom.

You seem to be unable to put together a simple argument other than 'I have seen things' for your claims, so in that case, I don't see a point in debating with you.

Reply to this if you really want, but I urge you not to because I wont respond. I'm fed up of going round in circles with you. You don't seem to read a single one of my posts and just go on and on about people not listening to you.

Well here goes another one.

As far as I'm concerned there are no hard feelings. I will not take this into other threads, and this is the end of the road on this topic for me. This drama is getting pathetic. It got pathetic 3 pages ago.

Take care :tu:

Randi x

Right, so why jump to one conclusion and disregard the other? I did not disagree with you on the point of their being a soul (even though I am Athiest) all I did was disagree with your claim that 'doctors' as a collective suggest we lose 21 grams of matter at point of death, which is untrue. You didn't even state Medical doctor. I could be a doctor of engineering and it would still have been in your 'collective' doctor statement. That is all. The evidence is out there for you to see for yourself. There was only one doctor, who I believe was a fraud, and the rest of the medical profession do not really take his word for it. You can even do a poll if you want to argue your point more. Ask 1000 Medical doctors what they think, then you can say that 'statistically on average [insert number] out of 1000 medical doctors claim...'

It's about giving your evidence intelligently. You can't whine that 'oh I've had experiences' and expect people to hail you as a master of knowledge. Set out your arguments a little more structured and intelligently and some of us might give you more credit.

I guess you didn't read my previous statement all the way through then. I HAVE had experiences, that doesn't mean I'm going to apoint myself qualified to judge whether the supernatural exists or not. You seem to have a different opinion, that is fine, but unless you produce a decent argument my opinion still stands.

Then just deal with it. We are not disproving anything. Nor have I said you are wrong about your beliefs. I have simply said I DO NOT AGREE. And that is ALL I have said. I have not said a single thing to you about the existence of anything!!

That is exactly what I have said to you. So take it and stop with these whiny self indulgent posts!

I haven't said you're stupid. Nor that you don't know what you're talking about (apart from the doctor debate). Had nothing to do with your infinite knowledge of Earthlights. Earthlights are unexplained, that does not mean the same thing as paranormal.

Where I stick my 'metaphorical non-existant' donk is none of your business! But enough with the wisecracks..I'm so sick of going round in circles. Every reply has been the same. Begging for attention at your glorious wisdom.

You seem to be unable to put together a simple argument other than 'I have seen things' for your claims, so in that case, I don't see a point in debating with you.

Reply to this if you really want, but I urge you not to because I wont respond. I'm fed up of going round in circles with you. You don't seem to read a single one of my posts and just go on and on about people not listening to you.

Well here goes another one.

As far as I'm concerned there are no hard feelings. I will not take this into other threads, and this is the end of the road on this topic for me. This drama is getting pathetic. It got pathetic 3 pages ago.

Take care :tu:

Randi x

:sleepy: ... thanks for some comments, as for others you still are angry. I do read your posts. I tried this last time to get along with you ... I agree it has gotten pathetic.

I have had experiences that many of you have not ... so what??? It does not make me better, just gives me a heads up.

One last note about earthlights. I asked you to read my topic ... yes they are unexplained, yet on my land I have found four Native American burial grounds. Where the Indians buried here and then the "spirit orbs" came to be or did the Natives see the orbs and consider them the spirits of their ancestors???

Seems to me that nobody can say that they are alive or the dead ... I want debate, not hate. Therefore I say sorry for all of my immature statements before and let bygones be bygones ... if you want.

Do not chastise me and say ... "you knew you were wrong, so you apologized". I could give a damn about apologies or who is right/wrong. I just want knowledge ... and debate. Why is that putrid???

One last note I hope you read ... such a long "last" post and then your done??? I was immature ... what does that signify in you??? Work together to figure things out I say, not tell anybody they are wrong when nobody has a damn clue to what is going on.

I will continue to attempt debate until someone can change my opinion and what I know as fact ... see you in the future.

People do not listen ... though I have been quoted in books and in scientific circles. Arrogance??? Again you bet ... :tu:

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

I'll never understand why so many unshakable skeptics (who have never had a paranormal experience) spend so much time on paranormal topic forums telling the non-skeptics (most of whom have had paranormal experiences) how wrong/foolish/ignorant they are.

Isn't there a book burning or something more constructive you could be doing with your time?

This site has other things than the paranormal. It is not a "believers only" club, and the range of topics is so wide that you could believe in one thing and completely disagree with another. If no one argued against, it'd just be a bunch of people pointlessly agreeing with eachother and patting themselves on the back about how right they are.

Skeptics usually pride themselves on logic and science, whether deserved or not. Book burnings are usually done for religious or political reasons.

That's the biggest load of crap I've read today - and I've been reading Dan Brown.

Made me chuckle. :rofl:

And Dukeofnoodleness, just want to say good work on arguing. You've done a good job. :tu:

This site has other things than the paranormal. It is not a "believers only" club, and the range of topics is so wide that you could believe in one thing and completely disagree with another. If no one argued against, it'd just be a bunch of people pointlessly agreeing with eachother and patting themselves on the back about how right they are.

Skeptics usually pride themselves on logic and science, whether deserved or not. Book burnings are usually done for religious or political reasons.

Made me chuckle. :rofl:

And Dukeofnoodleness, just want to say good work on arguing. You've done a good job. :tu:

Very good quote on the Duke of Doodleness ... argue a point and everyone else is a stupid moron. Try to balance an argument and they do not care ... you are stupid. I will post a 300 word essay on why and then tell you that I will not be back, they say.

So is the way of "septics" .... I say for the most part as with most tirds in the toilet ... flush down the brown. I tried my best to get along with so many of them but they are an addict to their self rightous ignorace and stupidity.

I am not a believer ... I am a knower that many truths are yet to be discovered. Do not let any ... "ANY", dum dum suckers tell you else wise.

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

Nah, NDE is nothing like a DMT trip. Trust me. It's really not the same at all actually. Ever hear of the self transforming gnomes of hyperspace? That actually is a pretty dead on sum up of a dmt experience.

I wasn't saying they are the same, just similar being hallucinogens, and both natural. I would like to see these transforming gnomes of hyperspace.

I wasn't saying they are the same, just similar being hallucinogens, and both natural. I would like to see these transforming gnomes of hyperspace.

There are certain aspects of normal human dreaming and daily life that very much parallel DMT type hallucinations. Of course these chemical reactions exist in every human being and can not be ruled out as being the cause of any near-death type of experience.

I am not saying that they are the cause but that they can not be ruled out in these cases. There may be similiarities between people in near -death cases because we are all engulfed in using the same brain chemicals and that is all. Or it may be something more.

I have really enjoyed reading the posts in this thread though. Thanks to all.

Here's a written up experience of one guy's venture into DMT land. Believe it or not, even from different accounts / people, the experiences are all very similar.

http://deoxy.org/timemind.htm

Here's a very interesting link about near death experiences from around the world. Read and decide for yourself.

NDE

Here's a very interesting link about near death experiences from around the world. Read and decide for yourself.

NDE

Thank you so, so, so, so much for that link ... I hope it can answer some questions for me!!!

NDE

The simple reason so many can say the same about NDE is that when we die we all die in generally the same way. Our brain shuts down and as it does so chemical and electrical responses fail. This gives our brains the impulse not to die, the brain never wants to die if it could it would choose to live forever. We can't control it and it can't control us so to speak. When the brain fails us it sends out pulses and chemicals trying to keep the body alive so it can live on. It's a common thing to die and be resuscitated having these experiences, it's not super natural by any means.

Though the initial experience of people seems to follow a very similar experience (light at the end of the tunnel) I would have to wonder about any experience beyond that being the same for all. In the article it mentions conversations with a god-like figure even taking place. Yet of course this is coming from people who did not actually die so it can be very similar to dreaming.

I have just done quite a bit of reading on NDE and it is very interesting to say the least. There are a great many books out there about this subject, this is just another to add to the list. Many stories are eerily the same and if you also read up on psychics they too tie in these same ideals. I guess it depends on what you believe, what you are willing to believe and how open you are to believing. I would suggest to any who have not read up on it to take the time to stop by your local library and check out some books and decide for yourself what it is you believe.

• 2 weeks later...

This does not make me a sceptic, simply logical.

Actually that does mean you're sceptical, and rightfully so, because scepticism is logical.

Scepticism is your logic's conscience. It's that little voice in your head that reminds you that you do not know everything and that even if you do your conclusions are not necessarily correct. Without scepticism we wouldn't ever need or want to think twice about anything, we'd have no conception of rational thought and be no different to any other animal.

I have proof of the afterlife ... I am still living!!!!

Proof that I cannot prove to others yet I have been dead twice and once was clinically. On two other occasions I escaped death by a fraction of luck ... "luck"???

No light at the end of the tunnel, no loved ones there waiting for me. Only a feeling of bliss before waking up in blood, sweat and pain.

I do not believe this doctor can state a hard fact that there is life after life, yet being one that has questioned the existance of God "DAILY!!!" since childhood, I have been given enough proof ... at least for me and my family.

No doubt about it ... life after death!!!

I have been as much of a hater of God in my life and I deserved to die. Yet, I am about as compassionate of a person that God has ever created. My lack of answers in life led to anger and hate. No hate anymore ... no anger but still there are still the questions.

Why? How?? What???

Of course there is life after death you morons. Where do you think ghost and spirits and such come from? Why is there even research being done on this? Who actually believes we die and that's it.. :sleepy: Some of you peoples are just stern unbelievers....

There is no "of course" when it comes to this... At this point in our knowledge, to claim that NDEs provide strong evidence that the soul exists independently of the body, and that there is an afterlife awaiting that soul (that just happens to coincide with the beliefs and wishes of the near-death experient) is premature, to say the least.

NDEs has been reproduced with ketamine (related to phencyclidine)aka PCP.

Ketamine can reproduce all the main features of the NDE, including travel through a dark tunnel into the light, the feeling that one is dead, communing with God, hallucinations, out-of-body experiences, strange noises, etc...

This does not prove that the NDE is nothing but a set of physical responses, nor does it prove that there is no life after death.

It does, however, prove that an NDE is not compelling evidence for belief in either the existence of a separate consciousness or of an afterlife.

Edited by Hazzard

• 3 weeks later...

Actually that does mean you're sceptical, and rightfully so, because scepticism is logical.

Scepticism is your logic's conscience. It's that little voice in your head that reminds you that you do not know everything and that even if you do your conclusions are not necessarily correct. Without scepticism we wouldn't ever need or want to think twice about anything, we'd have no conception of rational thought and be no different to any other animal.

Quite right. I meant 'sceptic' in the negative sense that it is used on this board. I suppose I should have said that Sceptic does not mean Cynic, and although I'm the former, I'm definitely not the latter.

In all truthfulness I tend to get lazy when replying to someone that I feel my words are lost on, and I end up missing out chunks of information which makes what I'm saying sound very vague. I guess I think if my words will be lost on someone there's no point explaining it properly to them as they wont understand. I'm also reluctant to get too wound up when dealing with it as my health is not great and stress does not help. :yes:

Edited by DukeofNoodleness

• 10 months later...

There is a connection between near death experiences and the holographic universe theory that can not be easily explained away. People who have a NDE routinely describe what happened to them in terms that can only be called "holographic". I find this to be very evidential. Near death experiencers say things like "I literally felt like I was everywhere in the Universe at once" or "I felt an overwhelming feeling of oneness and connectedness." The Life Review is especially seems to be very holographic. Near death experiencers say they saw their entire life all at once (a "bolus" of information) and they felt the emotions and the feelings of the people they interacted with feeling like they literally became the other person. In a holographic piece of film all the information is spread throughout the entire film, with each piece containing the whole. Everything interpenetrates everything. There is no easy way to explain why simple people, a housewife from Kansas or a truck driver from Southeast Georgia might describe what they experience in such holographic terms. There is also a connection between quantum physics and NDE's. They say things like "time and space didn't seem to exist" or "I saw more colors than normal" (meaning they saw the entire light spectrum) or that there was "more consciousness than normal" or that the other side seemed even more real than this side. Now this is strange because just recently in New Scientist Magazine Dr. Craig Hogan, the director of Fermi Lab said that in a hologram there is a certain inherent degree of blurriness. If the place we live in now is the holographic projection this side would have a certain amount of blurriness and the other side, the holographic film, that blurriness wouldn't exist. Now how would a near death experiencer know to say something like that? Suffice it to say, there is a connection between NDEs, the holographic universe, and quantum physics which I find to be very evidential. It's as simple as this. We are presently living in the holographic projection and the other side or what we call Heaven is the original holographic film from which this side derives it's reality. Death is simply the change of consciousness from the projection into original holographic film. The physics of the other side is very different from this side but what it means is that whatever is "here" must also be there and whatever we focus our attention on that is what we will experience. A near death experiencer named Mark H said that he thought of a mountain he had seen as a child and in an instant he was there. On the other side all the information is spread throughout the entire film so whatever you "think of" that is what you will see and experience.

There is a connection between near death experiences and the holographic universe theory that can not be easily explained away. People who have a NDE routinely describe what happened to them in terms that can only be called "holographic". I find this to be very evidential. Near death experiencers say things like "I literally felt like I was everywhere in the Universe at once" or "I felt an overwhelming feeling of oneness and connectedness." The Life Review is especially seems to be very holographic. Near death experiencers say they saw their entire life all at once (a "bolus" of information) and they felt the emotions and the feelings of the people they interacted with feeling like they literally became the other person. In a holographic piece of film all the information is spread throughout the entire film, with each piece containing the whole. Everything interpenetrates everything. There is no easy way to explain why simple people, a housewife from Kansas or a truck driver from Southeast Georgia might describe what they experience in such holographic terms. There is also a connection between quantum physics and NDE's. They say things like "time and space didn't seem to exist" or "I saw more colors than normal" (meaning they saw the entire light spectrum) or that there was "more consciousness than normal" or that the other side seemed even more real than this side. Now this is strange because just recently in New Scientist Magazine Dr. Craig Hogan, the director of Fermi Lab said that in a hologram there is a certain inherent degree of blurriness. If the place we live in now is the holographic projection this side would have a certain amount of blurriness and the other side, the holographic film, that blurriness wouldn't exist. Now how would a near death experiencer know to say something like that? Suffice it to say, there is a connection between NDEs, the holographic universe, and quantum physics which I find to be very evidential. It's as simple as this. We are presently living in the holographic projection and the other side or what we call Heaven is the original holographic film from which this side derives it's reality. Death is simply the change of consciousness from the projection into original holographic film. The physics of the other side is very different from this side but what it means is that whatever is "here" must also be there and whatever we focus our attention on that is what we will experience. A near death experiencer named Mark H said that he thought of a mountain he had seen as a child and in an instant he was there. On the other side all the information is spread throughout the entire film so whatever you "think of" that is what you will see and experience.

I think they should do a mythbusters ep on NDE's. There has to be some intelligent forms of testing that can be utilized for this. Like blindfold a dying patient (you could actually use many people in this expirement...if they're terminally ill), take him to a room with weird objects in it. He dies. They resuscitate him, (if possible) and wheel him out of the room with said blindfold still on. Then they ask him what kind of objects he saw when he left his body...it really shouldn't be that difficult to pull something like this off.

a. should they forcibly kill someone? that sounds illegal, even if they do it in a way to bring em back

b. experiences vary slightly from person to person

c. they have tried to recreate these experiences with other things (read about DMT experiments) and haven't really proven or disproven anything

I think they should do a mythbusters ep on NDE's. There has to be some intelligent forms of testing that can be utilized for this. Like blindfold a dying patient (you could actually use many people in this expirement...if they're terminally ill), take him to a room with weird objects in it. He dies. They resuscitate him, (if possible) and wheel him out of the room with said blindfold still on. Then they ask him what kind of objects he saw when he left his body...it really shouldn't be that difficult to pull something like this off.

edit: oooh double post, dunno how to delete

Edited by LtSparkles