Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Venezuela Blames Obama for attacking Haiti [merged]

TRUEYOUTRUEME

i could have sworn i saw a guy with a costume made out of a giant cobra. he had a bunch of snakes and used them as spears. come to think of it, the US ambassador to Haiti is Serpentor!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• Cadetak

• SolarPlexus

• danielost

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope for Haiti. What I can not understand is how we can send artillery and tanks and war machines faster than we can send water and cranes and medicine and basic supplies. Something is very wrong. Why is it so easy to start a war? I visualize that it can be as easy for peace. Lets hope and have faith that the power of... love will soon combat the love of power.

The primary problem in Haiti is distribution, lack of infrastructure, the local government being in disarray, and general logistics. Which are followed by secondary problems of treating the injured and relocating the homeless as well as clearing the dead bodies. Further down the road, problems will be rebuilding and supporting Haiti

A war is a premeditated and well planned mission...a natural disaster is chaotic mess. It is relatively easy to blow a building up or kill a person...while relatively harder to build one or save a life.

Response was immediate, we were on the ground within hours of the quake with military and aid personal from around the world. The world's greatest armies and technologies where utilized for good this time...from America's massive naval ship that operates as a mobile hospital to French amphibious vehicles. The United Nations actually proving its worth and massive donations from everybody from Canada to Israel to China. neighboring countries such as the Dominican Republican allowing foreign military to utilize its airports and space to cross into Haiti(even admist previous tension with them) and Senegal offering free land for Haiti refugees.

However moments of peace and great unity only seem to come out of necessity and tragedy. Today we come together to help people and save lives...tomorrow we go back to war and indifference.

I will remain hopeful because I LOVE OUR MOTHER--EARTH.

I disagree, Earth is a moody tramp. I say we buy a bunch of gas guzzlers or burn a forest down as a counter attack so Moma Earth learns her place.

Well now that Chavez has learned the truth the CIA will now have to kill him. I think the based on what we have been told about the US' new abilities the most likely method of this will be in the form of poisonous gas, delievered through a giant snake, hidden in a basket, while a CIA agent yells "COBRA!!!"

They tried to do much the same thing to Castro for 50 years, but never actually managed to do it.

They tried to do much the same thing to Castro for 50 years, but never actually managed to do it.

Thats because Castro had an Anti-America device that he acquired from the Romulans during the Time War on Hoth. So thats why we never managed it.

I have a photograph of the weapon:

25.jpg

Hmmm, that fist is actually about the right size for the statue of liberty.....

Well...that's a perfectly horrible mental image.

laugh.gif

MANGO's!!! I need MORE Mango's!

post-40427-126418526231_thumb.jpg

Hey, you could cause a world wide Mango shortage! Why not? Momar Kadaffhi did it! In about 1999 he bought ALL of the Bahamian bannana crops and drove the prices of banana's through the roof! Ok, really they were just a few cents more a bunch, but still! You could rule man!!

I blame Chavez for making hot dogs come in packs of 10 but buns in packs of 8, so touche, Venezuela, I too can use your sound reasoning.

I blame Chavez for making hot dogs come in packs of 10 but buns in packs of 8, so touche, Venezuela, I too can use your sound reasoning.

are we talking about the same world leader.

Some folks are funny. We have bombs that can wipe out the world and you don't think it's possible to start a quake? I just dont... nevermind.

This article mentions just about every point raised in this thread.

Thank you for the link, Karlis. It looks like the can of worms has been open! From now on all earthquakes would be blamed on USA, specially if it decides to participate in the rescue efforts... How charming!

What is funny would be that US is accused in this article even in causing the California quake, so hardly the precision of such weapon allows its practical use at all - if it affects the entire fault line length, then it is the same as to launch a nuke with random selection of the targets. But I have bookmarked your linked site, interesting to read what Iran writes.

Some folks are funny. We have bombs that can wipe out the world and you don't think it's possible to start a quake? I just dont... nevermind.

Blowing up a city is one thing, directly affecting the planet's plates to cause earthquakes in a targeted location is quite another. It's something out of a Bond movie. Chavez is just trying to make this America's fault while getting attention, and if he seriously believes in this claim he's nuts end of story.

Blowing up a city is one thing, directly affecting the planet's plates to cause earthquakes in a targeted location is quite another. It's something out of a Bond movie. Chavez is just trying to make this America's fault while getting attention, and if he seriously believes in this claim he's nuts end of story.

I would not be outright denying the possibility of such weapons. One really does not need a lot of energy to initiate an earthquake, if it is anyway ready to happen. I was giving above the examples of an avalanche or a rock fall, one pebble thrown can be enough to trigger them. The issue is different - it is not entirely easy to find the "ready to set off" earthquake in politically important area; same way it is hard to prevent such triggered earthquake from affecting the rest of the same fault line, hence it can trigger other earthquakes in the areas remote to the first one (this is the reason they talk about California). Most of the earthquakes happen along the fault lines, where the platforms rub each other - say here we have Pacific platform, crawling underneath the Australian one and trying to tip our north Island upside down; but the fault line goes much farther than just the island length, it goes across equator to Japan and Eastern Russia. Any serious rattling would spread along it with the speed of sound and may affect the remote areas, and vice versa we may be affected with what happens in Japan.

You can check the fault lines in Haiti area at http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/N_America.php they are red lines.

I would not be outright denying the possibility of such weapons. One really does not need a lot of energy to initiate an earthquake, if it is anyway ready to happen. I was giving above the examples of an avalanche or a rock fall, one pebble thrown can be enough to trigger them. The issue is different - it is not entirely easy to find the "ready to set off" earthquake in politically important area; same way it is hard to prevent such triggered earthquake from affecting the rest of the same fault line, hence it can trigger other earthquakes in the areas remote to the first one (this is the reason they talk about California). Most of the earthquakes happen along the fault lines, where the platforms rub each other - say here we have Pacific platform, crawling underneath the Australian one and trying to tip our north Island upside down; but the fault line goes much farther than just the island length, it goes across equator to Japan and Eastern Russia. Any serious rattling would spread along it with the speed of sound and may affect the remote areas, and vice versa we may be affected with what happens in Japan.

You can check the fault lines in Haiti area at http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/N_America.php they are red lines.

i for one wouldn't want to be the one to cause thousands of innocent deaths.

i for one wouldn't want to be the one to cause thousands of innocent deaths.

Yep, whether a belief in God, or not, that's some major bad mojo someone would wrack up. More than likely the'd get paid back in some fashion.

Edited by SpiderCyde

Something out of a Bond movie? That's your argument? I'm not going to say Chaves is remotely right or even that I think this is what happened, but I will say it's completely plausible given our knowledge of plates and the technology is there to carry such experiments. No offense, we have technology that makes Bond look like a girl scout.

I am sure that this started in Hugo's mind because of his hatred of America but that then he convinced himself and believes it.

It is the same with most of the anti-American left-wing rhetoric that we hear. The Americans want to steal Iraq's oil. American christians want a theocracy. Capitalism is killing the earth by means of global warming.

The left-wing invent lies and then convince themselves that the lies are true.

what in the hell are talking about ? Last time I checked nut jobs steven quale and alex jones are the left wing !! My question is why would we attack Hait ? Why not Iran ???

Something out of a Bond movie? That's your argument? I'm not going to say Chaves is remotely right or even that I think this is what happened, but I will say it's completely plausible given our knowledge of plates and the technology is there to carry such experiments. No offense, we have technology that makes Bond look like a girl scout.

We have the technology to create pinpoint earthquakes on demand?

Quite the claim you have there

what in the hell are talking about ? Last time I checked nut jobs steven quale and alex jones are the left wing !! My question is why would we attack Hait ? Why not Iran ???

They aren't the left-wing they are hardcore extreme conspiracy theorists...who are basically against both left and right.

We don't need haiti for anything. The idea is that the quake gives us reason to send our troops to Haiti to help them but never leave and occupy the country so we can have base closer to venezuala(or Atlantis whatever the hell conspiracy theorists go on about these days). What they forget to realize is that our own Puerto Rico is literally right next door to Haiti so if we needed a military presence in the area we would already have it. But to get attention, feed their paranoia, and support their predispositions they create conspiracy theories out of thin air...and for Alex Jones and pals they need to make up such 'theories' so they can keep an audience and make money.

Edited by Cadetak

We have the technology to create pinpoint earthquakes on demand?

Quite the claim you have there

not exactly but

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133083

(IsraelNN.com) The Seismologic Division of the Ministry of National Infrastructure's Geophysical Institute will attempt to simulate an earthquake in the southern Negev on Thursday. The experiment, financed by the U.S. Defense Department, is a joint project with the University of Hawaii and is part of a scientific project intended to improve seismological and acoustic readings in Israel and its environs, up to a 1,000 km/621 mile radius.

The experiment intends to improve the understanding of sound waves in the atmosphere. Scientists will then be able to fine-tune Israel’s seismological equipment to give advance warning of earthquakes. Measurements will also be taken in other countries, including Cyprus, Greece, France, and Germany.

Israel will create a controlled explosion of 80 tons of explosive material, which will simulate the intensity of a tremor after an earthquake of Magnitude 3. Natural earthquakes of a similar intensity occur in the Middle East region about once a week, without the public feeling them.

Not exactly? How about not even close.

They simulated an earthquake sure...by using a ton of explosives. They also conducted the expirements in hopes of better understanding seismic activity so they can create better equipment to better predict when earthquakes will happen. Thats like saying me creating a volano out of clay for the science fair is evident that I have the technology to erupt volcanoes on demand anywhere in the world.

Also your source, pretty much disproves the idea that an Earthquake Weapon exists and it was used on Haiti...because if we are still doing simple experiments we obviously don't have the tech.

They simulated an earthquake sure...by using a ton of explosives. They also conducted the expirements in hopes of better understanding seismic activity so they can create better equipment to better predict when earthquakes will happen. Thats like saying me creating a volano out of clay for the science fair is evident that I have the technology to erupt volcanoes on demand anywhere in the world.

Also your source, pretty much disproves the idea that an Earthquake Weapon exists and it was used on Haiti...because if we are still doing simple experiments we obviously don't have the tech.

I can't open the link...

Could you explain what the article said for me?

thx

LOL i was not suggesting that this method (or any other for that matter), was the cause of the recent disaster. i was just showing you that there is technology out there that can simulate an earthquake.

that, and after what marabod has already said, shows that this may be theoretically possible. that's all.

They aren't the left-wing they are hardcore extreme conspiracy theorists...who are basically against both left and right.

We don't need haiti for anything. The idea is that the quake gives us reason to send our troops to Haiti to help them but never leave and occupy the country so we can have base closer to venezuala(or Atlantis whatever the hell conspiracy theorists go on about these days). What they forget to realize is that our own Puerto Rico is literally right next door to Haiti so if we needed a military presence in the area we would already have it. But to get attention, feed their paranoia, and support their predispositions they create conspiracy theories out of thin air...and for Alex Jones and pals they need to make up such 'theories' so they can keep an audience and make money.

Sorry I meant to say they're not the left wing. I agree 100 perent with you.

I can't open the link...

Could you explain what the article said for me?

thx

Copy and paste this: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133083

If that doesn't work for you the basics is that a joint operation between Israel, US department of defense, and Miami University take tons of explosives into the dessert and blow it up underground...which simulates an 'earthquake'. They are doing this in the pursuit of earthquake science and they do it in Israel because the interest is in Middle Eastern seismic activity however hopeful findings from the experiment would be applied to helping predict earthquakes before they happen and stuff of that nature.