Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO papers to be made public

behaviour???

Hundreds of pages of secret files on New Zealand UFO sightings will be released by the military this year.

The files include reports of UFO sightings from 1979 to 1984 and references to the Kaikoura sighting of December 1978.

The files are held by Archives New Zealand and were to have been made public this month, but the Defence Force is removing personal information from them to comply with the Privacy Act.

"At the moment we are working on making copies of these files, minus the personal information," a Defence Force spokeswoman said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

Edited by Saru
Edited for front page story inclusion

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• psyche101

• bmk1245

• Evangium

I don't see anything changing because of it. Files on sightings =/= actual secret government files.

Edited by Saru
Removed quote of previously removed comment

- Comment removed -

Badeskov or BMK? B???, I think you'll find what irks most people isn't the posting of the article, it's the lack of comment or opinion accompanying it(see the criticism in Karl12's threads if you need examples of this).

If you want discussion, then people need to know why you posted it, what your position is and things like that. Otherwise it is of little value as a discussion piece (this being a discussion forum). And most of us 'sarcastic skeptics' know where to go to find the UFO webs 'information clearing houses'.

As an illustration of what I'm getting at consider if I posted a topic with just the following -

It was on 14 June 1947 that William Brazel, a farmer near Roswell, New Mexico, found a lot of silvery wreckage on his land.(1) At first he did nothing, but on 8 July, following news reports of flying saucers in the area, it occurred to him that this might be one of them, and he reported it to the sheriff, who passed it on to the Air Force, who told the press that the mystery of the flying discs would now be solved. According to the official report, however, when they got there it proved to be merely a balloon. This they declared at a press conference, and the incident was totally forgotten for over thirty years. Their initial announcement suggests that, if they had captured an alien spacecraft, they would have said so.

http://magonia.haaan.com/2009/ufo-crashes/

So what point am I trying to make with this article? Am I trying to initiate a discussion on Roswell, UFO crashes or Magonia? Maybe I'm angling for a discussion on the Aztec Hoax? You can't really tell, can you? Logically, people might view my topic, but since there's no discussion, it's going to very quickly dissapear off the page one of the board.

If you want discussion, then people need to know why you posted it, what your position is and things like that. Otherwise it is of little value as a discussion piece (this being a discussion forum). And most of us 'sarcastic skeptics' know where to go to find the UFO webs 'information clearing houses'.

Honesty ,most of them ,apart a few of course fail to accompany some comment after all its only just optional,and as for discussion kick off I think members if they are interested on the news they will comment on it and as for other claims that I ignore my threads after posting them I must say they are no person to make that one sure.I have made myself clear around the forums that I look my threads for interesting comments and if there is None I dont reply to it just like every other members.Its a common knowledge over here that I am just a skeptic (I believe there are more quality tactics other than sarcasm and for some reason i barely respond to it or barely make a sarcastic comment myself) and any of my comments is bound to be of skeptical nature any where around this section of UM.As I always stress if there is something others think is wrong about me they can hit the "Report" Button postioned on every posts

Thanks

B???

B???, if you found my suggestions on the other thread as an insult - I'm sorry, but, when M.Cohen makes "news" from comments about rumour (compare Cohen's "masterpiece" (its funny, that the original Cohen's "news" about alien embassy are gone... hmmm, wonder why?) with the 'Englishman in New Alien York' comment from the source M.Cohen was refering to (link)), I'm speechless (not to mention other M.Cohen's "news")... And if someone falls in his "UFO news puddle", I'm trying to warn them. But, if you find M.Cohen's news "interesting" and worth to share with others, expect some "poking" comments.

B???, if you found my suggestions on the other thread as an insult - I'm sorry, but, when M.Cohen makes "news" from comments about rumour (compare Cohen's "masterpiece" (its funny, that the original Cohen's "news" about alien embassy are gone... hmmm, wonder why?) with the 'Englishman in New Alien York' comment from the source M.Cohen was refering to (link)), I'm speechless (not to mention other M.Cohen's "news")... And if someone falls in his "UFO news puddle", I'm trying to warn them. But, if you find M.Cohen's news "interesting" and worth to share with others, expect some "poking" comments.

Im surprised you missed these -

http://www.allnewsweb.com/page6726721.php

http://www.allnewsweb.com/page822345.php (he's a pyshic too :lol: )

Or his amusing implication of the shadow government here in Australia -

http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009/australiaabovetopsecret.html (original is way down on All News' old neews page http://www.allnewsweb.com/page6.php )

I do wish Cohen would take a leaf out the other Michael's book (Salla) and move to the US. At least that way he could stop being an embarassment to his fellow countrymen (we prefer our gutter journalists to restrain their comments to politicians and public morality and at least have the decency to keep them confined to their blogs and syndicated columns ;) ).

As for NZ, declassifying it's 'UFO' secrets, I don't think we'll find anything more than what has been revealed by other nations. If anything, it will just further confirm my theory that, when it comes to Air Forces, there is no cover up, merely an indiference born of a beuracratically assigned task; and flimsy explanations are provided to justify to higher up why this report should be filed and forgotten.

As for NZ and 'disclosure' would it surprise some readers to learn that NZ and Australia both have been releasing UFO files to their respective National Archeives for well over 20 years? The only stumbling block for gaining access was that FOI was not widely publicised or understood.

Edited by Evangium

[...]

I'm really p****d off about such persons as M.Cohen using other peoples grief/misfortunes :angry2:

[...]

As for NZ, declassifying it's 'UFO' secrets, I don't think we'll find anything more than what has been revealed by other nations. If anything, it will just further confirm my theory that, when it comes to Air Forces, there is no cover up, merely an indiference born of a beuracratically assigned task; and flimsy explanations are provided to justify to higher up why this report should be filed and forgotten.

As for NZ and 'disclosure' would it surprise some readers to learn that NZ and Australia both have been releasing UFO files to their respective National Archeives for well over 20 years? The only stumbling block for gaining access was that FOI was not widely publicised or understood.

Yeap, we hear this stuff almost everyday, and still nothing, no ETs... :(

Psychic Predictions for 2010

...coming soon

Sounds like hedging his bets a bit. What's he going to do? Wait till the end of the year and then go through the news headlines, saying "Yup, I predicted that.... and that ..... I didn't actually say that I did at the time, but I did, trust me on this."?

... Still, look on the bright side,

At some point in the future the human race will become aware and angry over this stagnancy and the resultant drop in living standards and finally revolt against the enemies of change, and at this point a cataclysmic rethinking of our place in the universe and our abilities to travel throughout the universe and through other dimensions will move humanity foward, however this is centuries away and in the meantime human society is merely set to remain stagnant or even go backwards with only minor qualitative technological and medicinal improvements occurring.

At least he doesn't seem to think evertything'll come to a stop in 2012.

I havent been insulted in anyways because I know what I do and not every person might know everything in the world weather be in Cohen.But I belive there are always better way to speak. :tu: .I dont want Thread Deviations Lets get back to the Topic

Thanks

B???

The report from the News didnt exactly show anything new now did it? Is that Disclosure?

I bet Hazzard would Like to See the Exibit -A and Papers are not very good at showing Bodys and Space craft.

Will somebody post the Actual NZ reports?

Who would Like to under take this? The Archives from New Zealand.

Edited by DONTEATUS

The military is all set to release hundreds of pages of secret documentation on UFO sightings across New Zealand. The papers will be released during this year itself.

The files to be released include reports of sightings of UFOs from 1979 to 1984, in addition to references to December 1978's Kaikoura sighting.

The documents are being currently held by the Archives New Zealand and they were originally to be made public this month, but the Defense Force is presently in the process of removing personal information from the files in order to efficiently comply with the Privacy Act.

"At the moment we are working on making copies of these files, minus the personal information. Once this work is completed, we are hoping to be able to release a copy of all the UFO files, including some ahead of their release time, within the year", said a Defense Force spokeswoman.

All requests for access to the said files of sightings are currently being turned down as they are under the possession of the Defense Force."

http://topnews.net.nz/content/21837-secret-files-ufo-sightings-be-made-public

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/ufo-papers-released-3340727

no offical news reports other than a couple of small threads on newspaper sites of information not even on main/no stream sources so far

It seems to me that http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/3255698/UFO-papers-to-be-made-public is the "offical" source so far...

I'll come back during the week some time to confirm this thread proprely...

• 5 months later...

well i live in NZ and i have seen three UFO'S in my lifetime so this stuff doesn't surprise me at all :D

<QueenoftheFairies>

These claims seem to trickle out every year. All we find out is what we already know.

Nobody in this rock has a clue.

These claims seem to trickle out every year. All we find out is what we already know.

Nobody in this rock has a clue.

I think there are those that "have a clue" but they aren't sharing :huh:

This will be just like the other pointless files released. "Mr Smith reported seeing an object in the sky at 9pm" type of stuff.

If there is actual, real evidence, the government wouldn't be releasing it. They release this fluff instead.

If there is actual, real evidence, the government wouldn't be releasing it. They release this fluff instead.

noooo.... impossible.... there is no conspiracy nor a cover-up..... :wub:

I think there are those that "have a clue" but they aren't sharing :huh:

Why do you think that?

Finally coming around huh! ;)

Nah! The government wouldn't dare hide anything from the public on UFOs, but................................... http://www.cohenufo.org/Nsday.Art.79.html

Edited by skyeagle409

Finally coming around huh! ;)

well... it all depends... what we know... what we believe... what we say... what we don't say... bla bla... a035.gif

Nah! The government wouldn't dare hide anything from the public on UFOs, but................................... http://www.cohenufo.org/Nsday.Art.79.html

with you on that one... i blindly accept what the ptb say..... n choose to stay blind to any and all other evidences.... unless the authorities confirm its acceptable for me to believe what they would then see is ok for me... f048.gif