Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More funding called for to help protect Earth from asteroids

UM-Bot

The National Academy of Sciences has stated that the Earth is not protected adequately enough against asteroids. A new report has claimed that not enough is being done to detect and offer an appropriate defense against the threat of a cataclysmic asteroid collision and that NASA is in dire need of additional money to help fund this area.

"The United States must do more to safeguard the Earth against destruction by an asteroid than merely prepping nuclear missiles, a new report has found."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Space.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• ROGER

• DieChecker

• Sakari

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Humans build their homes next to Volcano's and the ocean Fronts or along hill sides. Then Nature raises it's ugly head and these same humans are on CNN crying about their loses.

So we tell them of Near Earth orbit rocks will hit us, they say "Yes, but not today"!

You know I have a family of Squirrels that live behind the house, and every year they start storing food for the winter months in advance.

Which shows you most people are not as smart as a "TREE RAT"! :angry2:

According to the report, current long-term projections estimate that there could be up to 100 fatalities a year caused by space rock impacts, though admittedly the chances of such rare hits are remote.

So it is about 100 times more likely you will be hit by lightning. 100 still seems a lot. I can not think of any meteroite impact fatalities that I have heard of.

I think we don't worry about the Big Space Rock, because we are told the odds are so low. It is like being told that you have a 1 in 100 million chance of winning the lottery, so you go buy a 2010 Ferrari and put a down payment on a giant mansion.

"The United States must do more to safeguard the Earth against destruction by an asteroid than merely prepping nuclear missiles, a new report has found."

If Earth is at risk , why is it " The United States " that must do more?.....

The powers that be would rather figure out more and better ways to kill the peons, than to protect civilsation from an asteroids.