Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
AROCES

.Wal-Mart cuts about 11,200 jobs.

AROCES

By MAE ANDERSON, AP Retail Writer Mae Anderson, Ap Retail Writer – 53 mins agoNEW YORK – Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will cut about 11,200 jobs at Sam's Club warehouses as it turns over the task of in-store product demonstrations to an outside marketing company.

The move is an effort to improve sales at Sam's Club, which has underperformed the company's namesake stores in the U.S. and abroad.

The cuts represent about 10 percent of the warehouse club operator's 110,000 staffers across its 600 stores. That includes 10,000 workers, mostly part-timers, who offer food samples and showcase products to customers. The company also eliminated 1,200 workers who recruit new members.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_wal_mart_sam_s_club

thefinalfrontier

And here walmart is making billions upon billions of dollars anually and they want to cut cut cut, The heck of it is the chain makes all that money mostly on crap made in china, tiawan and the likes, I dont even shop that store chain just for the reason they dont sell much american made products which IMHO should be made illegle period,

Funky Poacher

They hire more people than they have hours for, anyways. Maybe their 'full time' staff could actually have some full time hours.

Caesar

They hire more people than they have hours for, anyways. Maybe their 'full time' staff could actually have some full time hours.

But these are distribution centers (DC) these are usually full time jobs that pay good.

THE MATRIX

This is nothing new especially in the retail business which is still reeling from the economy anyways.

Cadetak

But these are distribution centers (DC) these are usually full time jobs that pay good.

ehh Sam's Club is pretty much still a grocery store...just one that looks like a warehouse...or its a warehouse with a grocery line checkout. Either way it's not a warehouse in the traditional sense. I don't think Sam's CLub emplyees get paid that much more then Wal-Mart because its still basically a grocery store. I know it as the place where everything is Giant Sized like that level in Super Mario

conspiracybeliever

The article also states that they are going to hire the same amount of people as they lay off. Not that I'm a big fan of Walmart but....

Caesar

ehh Sam's Club is pretty much still a grocery store...just one that looks like a warehouse...or its a warehouse with a grocery line checkout. Either way it's not a warehouse in the traditional sense. I don't think Sam's CLub emplyees get paid that much more then Wal-Mart because its still basically a grocery store. I know it as the place where everything is Giant Sized like that level in Super Mario

I read it was the warehouse not the stores