Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The "End of the World"

I can still remember, about two years ago, the Space channel gave a fantastic series based on the apocalypse. Many people on the series, who claimed to have had visions of the Virgin Mary or of God, review the end of the world from a completely different perspective.

Some say that the antichrist will bring hell to Earth, and others say in reverse, that Christ will bring his kingdom here from heaven.

Other such claims include that the world will be flooded and only one tenth of our earth's land mass will be safe, the wolrd will be flooded and Atlantis will rise from the ocean, everyone will finally realize the harm we've done to our planet and start taking action, but Mexico's government will corrupt(???), in 2011 on March 11th something terrible will happen (God knows what), as was predicted by the Incas, etc.

When you think about it, do any of this make sense? And I could drag on about this forever, since our generation isn't the first to have people claiming to have had such bazzar visions as those that i mentioned.

But if every one of those people has a different claim of what will happen when our world comes to an end, who's right anyway?!  ???

Please don't tell me that I have a stupid point... :-/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dowdy

• Destiny4ever

• Lori Cordini

• reese92

I know when the world is going to end!! :o

In about 5 billion years - when the Sun blows up. :)

I don't think you understand. What I'm meaning to ask is how so many different people after having a vision, each come to have their own opinion about the end of the world. If these visions are all differnt, but all from God, who's right anyway?

Dowdy, if you are going to say something really unessesarry as that, you might as well not write anything. 5 billion years, how would you know??

since i know your new to the forum, i'll just point one thing out. You can add a little joke from time to time.

and if your wonder how i know when the Sun blows up well it's simple. The Sun burns 4 million tonnes of hydrogen every second. Scientists did calculations to find out the approx. time.

Dowdy,

Uhh.... ok sorry. i didn't know about the joke thing. But i am still not agreeing with you about the sun blowing. there are other posibilities.

5 billion years--that's a long time, no kidding. I believe that the Earth would've likely been destroyed before that time. Who knows? God could put an end to our world in a year, month, or even tomorrow!

But what I've been asking all along is how the apocalypse is described differently by people who've had visions of Christ?  >:(

Fear is a cruel weapon!  Religions have used it for years.  As have politicians, etc. etc. etc.

Nothing ever ends...just changes...and in the meantime, enjoy the adventure.  It is an endless journey.  Who cares if it ends next week, next year, 5 billion years from now..once you are set in motion, you go on and on and on adventure after adventure...I am on a googleplex number adventure now and having a great time..even with the human ups and downs, I wouldn't trade it for anything...not right now anyway!

Everything is in the process of creation, change and movement...whatever will be will be!   ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Mya, is that your name??  Well Mya I find you to be very offensive.  I would like to know when 13 year olds started making the rules??  I think you need to go back to school.  Alot of issues that are discussed here, are researched by, none only than us, we actually can drive, which gives us the freedom to go out and search for the answers that you look for.  Do you get what I am saying too you, or would you like me to break it down into a simpler form?  It is very unwise, which shows your age completely, to go up against people that you know are wiser than you.  How do you know that the person you are dogging out isn't the very teacher that teaches you??  I would really sit back and read the posts here before you claim to be more knowledgable.  Or you can do as I stated before, and stick to the teen chat rooms, maybe you have more knowledge there, but sweety this is another whole league completely...  Smooches, and good luck in the Eighth Grade!!   :-*

Reese

Aye, las t friggin Sadurday Jimmy came back late frum Flash Dancers and gobbled up a dozen White Castle burgerz, washd it down wit Colt 45, and passed out on d acouch. Middle of da nite Jimmy wakez up and haz ta take a friggin dump soemthin fierce. Jimmy taught it wuz gonna be da end of da WORLD!!! Well at least da end of my friggin insides. Geez.

Jimmy "Six Pack" Potzenpans :o

• 9 months later...

the world will end the way everyone imagines it.the worse you think,the more harsh reality will be.i for one think that the world will end with God taking up the good and believing people.as for the others,let thier souls be helped by whatever they can accomplish.or,so known as The Rapture.

You know what I think that is going to happen? Probably not because I haven't told it yet... But I have read that the moon is slowly going further away from us and in  some years he will be loose form Earth's gravity, that will have a huge impact on Earth. the flood will be different, or won't be there at all... Earth will start to trun faster and all sort of things like that, that will be how we all die.

Odin S. :s9

Is that fact or just speculation? It would be interesting to find out exactly the effects of such an event would be.

If the earth starts spining faster does that mean we'd all perish of terminal dizziness?  :s04

::) :s2 ;D ;D