Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everest haunted by spirits, says climber

UM-Bot

news iconSpirits of dead climbers haunt Mount Everest and funeral rites need to be performed for their deliverance, the Sherpa who whizzed to the summit in record time says.

Pemba Dorji Sherpa, 26, who scaled the 8,848-metre high peak in 8 hours 10 minutes on May 21, told AFP he saw "black shadows" near the summit on his way up.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Channel New Asia

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Starlyte

• Falco Rex

• imorningsun

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't suppose the lack of oxygen up there might have something to do with "seeing spirits" do you? rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't doubt it! So many people trying to recover Noah's Arch. That and the fact that it is on hostile territory. We can also take the lack of O2 into consideration. One of my very ill patients reported feeling like she were disconnected from thier body last night after removing her O2 canula from her nose.

You don't suppose the lack of oxygen up there might have something to do with "seeing spirits" do you? 

Most likely grin2.gif , I beleive in the Yeti, but I find ghosts could better be placed down to something else. Although Ape-man and spirits are often placed in the same region. Ben Nevis, and Ben MacDough (or whatever its called) where the Big Grey Man lives (the Scottish bigfoot) were deemed Budhist holy places about 50 years back by a visting Budhist preist. Again, I think O2 pressure be a more likely reason.

The bodies of many of those who died are still on the mountain and one climber who died from an accidental fall is still hanging from a rope," Pemba said.

Talk about a reality check on the way up the mountain! I'd either be too scared of dying to continue, or would be inspired to make it further than these people did. ph34r.gif